Funny run in with a Duster owner Sunday morning.

-

Yuri

Probably not drivable....
Reaction score
Sunday morning I drove over to Border's to buy some books and get some coffee.
When I pulled in, I noticed I was a spot over from a '73 Duster.
I was excited to see that someone else was daily-ing an A-body, so I took a pic with my camera phone of both the Duster's tails sticking out of their spots.
04-20-08_0920.jpg

As I did this the owner of the brown duster was walking to his car, and got in it.
I started to go into Border's, but the other Duster owner (a guy in his late 60's) jumps out of his car, looks at me angrily, and says "What do you think you were taking a picture of?"
I say "Your car."

"For what reason?!"

I respond with "Because I drive the same thing, and I think your car is cool."

He looks at me like I'm on crack, asks me where my car is, and I tell him it's parked right next to him.

I compliment him on his car, and he glares at me before backing out and leaving.

Haha, some people.

Some people. I think my response would have been something like "..none of your goddamn business, a$$hole!."

Maybe he knocked of a few 7-11's and thought you were gonna turn him in :-D I hope I don't turn into one of "those guys" when I get to be that age.....which isn't too far away.

I'll bet he was just worried that some stranger was taking pics of his plates to run the numbers and find out where he lives so the could get it at a later date. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but nowadays it's so easy to get information on a person and ya never know.....I know I've gotten paranoid about things like that. I pay attention to people cruising the hood slowly and all that crap. I also have a tendancy to pretend like I'm running out in the road when someone comes down the street doing 60 in a 25. Sure is funny seeing them lock up the brakes and look at ME like I'm crazy. Good times!

If you think about it, if you would have left your house 5 minutes later than you did you would have missed seeing this friendly fellow. I think it was meant to be hahahah.

Ah, I would have went the same route and at least pointed out my car. My mood, dependent, can dictate a different response, but I try and take the high road.

Some people...

I would be happy to have people take picture of my Barracuda, and they have. Only problem, most of the time they think it's a Charger, or Mustang..lol. I need to keep my windows up so I don't hear them.

Those are the same guys that hold up the line at the grocery store bitching about the price of bananas!.

Some people...

I would be happy to have people take picture of my Barracuda, and they have. Only problem, most of the time they think it's a Charger, or Mustang..lol. I need to keep my windows up so I don't hear them.
Same here on the picture takers. But my only problem is for me is people call my Demon a Duster,and it seems insulting at times,but at least there not calling it Mustang. The ironic thing about it is,some of those people saying this are Mopar fans too................go figure.:confused:

John

Hey people called my Aspen a nova all the time, when I was driving it. stupid chevy people

Sunday morning I drove over to Border's to buy some books and get some coffee.
When I pulled in, I noticed I was a spot over from a '73 Duster.
I was excited to see that someone else was daily-ing an A-body, so I took a pic with my camera phone of both the Duster's tails sticking out of their spots.
04-20-08_0920.jpg

As I did this the owner of the brown duster was walking to his car, and got in it.
I started to go into Border's, but the other Duster owner (a guy in his late 60's) jumps out of his car, looks at me angrily, and says "What do you think you were taking a picture of?"
I say "Your car."

"For what reason?!"

I respond with "Because I drive the same thing, and I think your car is cool."

He looks at me like I'm on crack, asks me where my car is, and I tell him it's parked right next to him.

I compliment him on his car, and he glares at me before backing out and leaving.

Haha, some people.
id like to see more pics of your Duster. if you could send me a few of that paint job and the body id be happy. what year and what have you got done to it?

everyone says " hey check out the dart" as i go by in my valiant, i dont feel insulted only because a dart is a cooler car than a valiant, when i say that its a valiant there like" i think my grandma drove one" lol its all good tho bet there grandma did have 450 horsepower:thebirdm:

id like to see more pics of your Duster. if you could send me a few of that paint job and the body id be happy. what year and what have you got done to it?
It's a 1974 Space Duster.
I've put a new front end on it from a '70 Dart, and a '71 and '72 Demon.
It also has buckets from a '71 Demon, 15x7 H-stamping wheels, and a factory 4BBL 318 that I further modified with headers, intake, carb, fuel pump, and a few other parts.

Here's some pics I took of it today.
The Rallye red paint other than the front fenders is still original, so it has some dents and dings, but I daily drive it, so it's not really a big deal to me. I'll get around to body work eventually.

newtopfront.jpg

newtoprear.jpg

engineorange.jpg

Seems like they'd cover the whole "drive an ordinary car, like a honda accord" thing when migrating people into the witness protection program.

i wish someone would come up and want to take a picture of my car...

haahaha i just remembered someone called it a Charger!
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh some people :)

everyone says " hey check out the dart" as i go by in my valiant, i dont feel insulted only because a dart is a cooler car than a valiant, when i say that its a valiant there like" i think my grandma drove one" lol its all good tho bet there grandma did have 450 horsepower:thebirdm:

That's funny, I get it the other way around. Some of my "friends" even call it a Valiant just to try and be funny:-D.

i wish someone would come up and want to take a picture of my car...

haahaha i just remembered someone called it a Charger!
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh some people :)
When my '69 Dart was first delivered (from Oregon, an eBay buy), one of my neighbors had a visitor that came running over yelling "Hey is that a Charger? Are you gonna paint it orange and put the flag on the roof?" Almost sent the dog after him! This isn't Hazard county!!! Guess his bowtie was too tight and shut off the O2 flow to the brain.

That's funny, I get it the other way around. Some of my "friends" even call it a Valiant just to try and be funny:-D.

people who dont know about mopars think it was cool like chargers,cudas darts etc but in reality it was driven by older people and families to get groceries, dont get me wrong you can get some good horsepower out of a 6, but in the valiants day most were stock and boring, but i love mine just for that reason, 8)

-
Back