Gas price rant, (what are you paying)???

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Gotta blow some steam about gas prices. I hear nothing but excuse after excuse in the news as to why gas is as high as it is. Changing from winter blend to spring blend to summer blend, Iran fears, Greece fears, N Korea fears, terrorist fears, value of the dollar vs the demand, republicans wanting prices to remain high to make Obama look bad, supply and demand, cost of corn/ethynol, and one of my favorites, refinery problems/issues!! Bottom line is EVERY excuse in the book gets out there and NOTHING is being done about it. Our President has stated and I quote "we cannot do anything about the rising price of gas except cut back on our demand to keep the price down", but he takes credit for the recent so called falling prices saying his office is making a difference, PUHLEEEZE!!!
The bottom line is speculators are driving the prices up once again just like they did before and the numbers are getting WAY up there. At this time in our area and every gas station withing a 5 mile span have set the price at $409.9 for regular. This is the same at every station, BP, Shell, Citgo, Speedway, Checker, Thorntons and even the higher priced Marathon. ALL these stations have the exact same price. When the price of a barrel of crude was at $106.00 dollars a barrel gas was selling for $399.00 a gallon. Today oil is at $91.00 dollars a barrel and the gas is $409.00 a gallon. Is this madness ever going to stop? I know Memorial Day weekend is on the way so its only right the gas should be higher, right?
How about some of you put your two cents in on where you are and what you are paying in your area? Its interesting that Chicago pays about the highest prices in the nation. I dont live in the Chicago metro area and still I pay alot more that many other places in this nation with much less cost of living. It just makes no sense and its not going away. If we use too much oil we pay. If we cut back we pay even more. If we stop buying oil companies just export it out from under us. There is just no way to win! December 21st is starting to look pretty good!!
Chas.

3.73 for premium here in CO springs but they are different all over the city ...some 3.60 some 3.84
doesnt matter to me , i will pay it, whatever it is, no choice in the matter

Cheapest gas in Phoenix is 3.61 right now. When we moved here 7 months ago oil prices were 6 dollars a barrel cheaper (about 85) and I could get unleaded regular for 3.09....I agree with your rant!

Mark
Sun City, AZ

Paid $4.199/gallon for Arco unleaded yesterday in North OC, SoCal. Funny thing is, prices are higher in the southern end of Orange County.

I'm in Canada so we're by the Liter and there's almost 4l in a gallon $1.25 regular $1.38 super which my 5.9l Jeep takes. 2 weeks ago I put in royal purple and went from 11.8 mpg to 13.3 mpg every little bit helps lucky I only live 5 miles from work.

I haven't bought gas since September so I am unsure what it is in NC. I will ask my wife and report back.

EDIT: 3.81 for premium in NC yesterday

I purchase at Sam's Club Members in Tulsa, Ok.
Diesel $3.62
Gas reg. $3.19

Your fuel is super cheap.

Fuel was $1.249 a litre today after the long weekend. Thats $ 4.96 a gallon for our US friends

Another thing included in fuel prices are taxes, which vary from state to state.
When we race in St Louis, I always make sure to buy fuel in Missouri (cheaper) & not Illinois.
There always seem to be a way for the oil companies to justify high prices & of course, they need the corparate welfare to help them out as well.
They are just barely getting by on the record billions of profit.
There seems to be plenty of crude oil, but there is a lack of refineries to process it.
How convieniant for the oil companies to blame the EPA for not letting them build more.
Could it be that oil companies help write the EPA laws. Think about it, who comes out better if the oil companies can control the spigot.
All the Keystone pipeline is going to do is move oil from Canada to the Gulf to ship it out overseas.
Every one I know working in oil & natural gas are BOOMING!
Where is it all going?
To other countries for big profits.
BOOM, thats my conspirecy theory for today.

Yesterday it was $3.29 a gallon here in Northeast Arkansas.

I paid $1.65 per litre for 95 on Sunday and and its supposed to drop another 4c a litre in the next week or so.

Why are gas prices so high? Because 1% of the poulation has 99% of the money. We are all trapped by the current system.

Change is coming whether the rich want it or not. Have faith and be patient because what happened when the citizens of america chose to rebel agaisnt thier oppressors might happen once more.We still have our guns,and rich folks fear that.

Why are gas prices so high? Because 1% of the poulation has 99% of the money. We are all trapped by the current system.

Change is coming whether the rich want it or not. Have faith and be patient because what happened when the citizens of america chose to rebel agaisnt thier oppressors might happen once more.We still have our guns,and rich folks fear that.

Agreed. It's inevitable.

3.22 a gallon here in Omaha NE, i hope it keeps going down, the 68 is almost back together and i need all the help i can for that baby!

Higher taxes in Mass. $3.65-$3.85 reg unleaded.

$3.35 in Ava, Missouri..Been going down for over a month now. My girlfriend is in Alaska. price is about $4.40 and has been going up. Explain that one... Ill tell you what it is, there is no tourist season in Ava, so, unlike Alaska which has a booming tourist season the ak govt. see fit to raise gas prices to make up revenue off the tourist ,O and of course the residents. Like Ive always said, they charge what they know you can squeeze by on, its a bunch of bull. Im pro drilling, but whats the point sometimes. I mean Alaska has oil and 1 or 2 refineries and they pay dam near the most for gas, why,because Alaskans have higher wages.

-
Back