Generally speaking, are A-Bodies "dorky?"

-
If these are dorks then being dorky is cool to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 190
I think that these cars get respect for being capable platforms for drag racing...but in terms of the classic car world, are they considered to be totally uncool?

...Thoughts?

Just go over to Moparts, They will back bench you pretty fast if you dont own a GTX/Road Runner, E-body or Hemi anything....That's why I'm here to stay.

Twin 'Dorkers',

th

Dorky?
No.
Volkswagon Beetles ''Out Dorked'' us a long time ago.

i have to disagree lol ive had plenty of beetles and none were dorky or slow for that matter. but i absolutly think all a bodies are awesome. i love unique

Some models are a bit dorky. I prefer "quirky" to describe some of our cars. The Urban Dictionary describes quirky as being "strange/not normal but cool. They aldo describe it as "different....in a good way"! tmm

See? In my experience, those are the people who will think your car is cool just cause it's old. Now, they may think it's a chevelle until your correct them, but they'll still like it even after you do. It's the "car purists" that I usually see being all particular. They like about 4-5 different types of rare/expensive cars, and if you don't have one, well then why are you wasting your time?
You are right, I see the same thing, especially when i take in a show and shine. There are alot of really great cars at these shows and spending time looking and chatting with the owners is great. Then you come across some knot head that thinks (or maybe dosen't) he is the only one that has the right to say what is a cool car and what is not. I would call thoses guys DORKY. (I would not let them own a A body :protest: lol)

Some years ago when I finished restoring my Duster I took a ride to the local parts store to get something. When I came out of the store there were 5 people looking at my car. One guy says to me a Bundy mobile. I said Bundy never had a 340. This guy had no idea what a 340 was. But times are changing, last summer a little kid came up to and said he built a model of a Duster he knew what it was right away. There is hope for our A bodies yet.

Most the time, my Dart doesn't even get a second look at the local shows or cruise-ins, but one time I went to a show at a local Community College where the judging was conducted by some of the college students. I drove away from that show with four trophies, including best of show.

P1010188.jpg

-
Back