Gerst Tubular Suspensions

-
Show us a picture of the suspension dropped out with the spring installed and all the bolts snug, like this. Lets see the clearance between the spindle and the spring.

Attachments

• PC180003.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 863
Show us a picture of the suspension dropped out with the spring installed and all the bolts snug, like this. Lets see the clearance between the spindle and the spring.

Will do. Gonna b a few days though. Supposed to be minus 20 here with wind tomorrow and my shop ain't heated

So I was surfing the Web today, apparently GTS will have a display at the Monster Mopar swap meet the first weekend in March in Indy, so here's a chance to check it out in person.

Yeah they're unveiling their front suspension setup to the public at the Chrysler show!

Great thread, thanks for starting it. I'm looking into suspension for my 68 Dart now.

So I was talking this morning with Carl Gerst, owner of GTS about my wheel/tire options. He informed me that the widest he's had anyone go as far as front tire width/size is a 285/30 on the front with room to go as much as .5 inches more. Course this depends on the rim offset but I recall this question rising up somewhere

So I was talking this morning with Carl Gerst, owner of GTS about my wheel/tire options. He informed me that the widest he's had anyone go as far as front tire width/size is a 285/30 on the front with room to go as much as .5 inches more. Course this depends on the rim offset but I recall this question rising up somewhere

I plan for 285/30s up front once I finish my GTS swap.

On the Grest Facebook page someone is building a nice green 73 Duster with someone big 20" wheels ... Looks good!

looks good......... mine is almost completely installed .. minus column and flex hoses ... i am trying to make 14 inch wheels work for the front ???? i installed a set of ralley wheels and noticed they slightly tough caliper on top corner ... i really do not want to go to 15 inch wheels unless i have to .

looks good......... mine is almost completely installed .. minus column and flex hoses ... i am trying to make 14 inch wheels work for the front ???? i installed a set of ralley wheels and noticed they slightly tough caliper on top corner ... i really do not want to go to 15 inch wheels unless i have to .
what brakes are you running?

I already have an aftermarket front suspension, and was wondering how much actual travel u other guys have in yours .

GTS stock ride height spindles:

Suspension travel measured out to be an impressive 6.5 inches at the spindel at 58.5 inches hub to hub face and 6.25 at 58.0 hub to hub. With .25 inches to spare before bottoming the shock.

GTS stock ride height spindles:

Suspension travel measured out to be an impressive 6.5 inches at the spindel at 58.5 inches hub to hub face and 6.25 at 58.0 hub to hub. With .25 inches to spare before bottoming the shock.
thanks, that`s more than mine has .-----bob

-
Back