Gerst Tubular Suspensions

-
Your numbers look good but I think you need to add back the 12.5 or so pounds that manual steering box weighs. So that would put it in the 40 pound lighter range. Thanks for posting.

Good catch. 40 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. Can't wait to get my 440 in this thing and the car on the ground

Just saw this on his website
Q: What is the track width, hub to hub of the GTS kit?

A: The GTS kit has an adjustable track width. The actual track width varies from model to model (A, B/E, C etc) as well as which brake kit. Generally speaking, on an A body, it is adjustable from 59 to 61 inches.

Where'd you see that at on there?

Also, I got mine down to 58 inches

spun bearing, mine measured out to 58 inches with about an 1/8 inch where I could go even narrower, probably as narrow as 57.75 or so, however right now, I set it to 58.5 to measure for tires/rims. Plus that is where the max suspension travel measured at. When completed, I'll be going back to 58 inches but I wanted to measure for the 58.5 setting because I plan to run wheel spacers as a tuning tool on this since it is a PT car. Just another tool in the toolbox for tuning.

More pics uploading, will be posting soon

Another guy got his to even narrower.

1714862869[/ATTACH]

View attachment 1714862865

Removing the travel limiters.

View attachment 1714862874

After the tubular frame was installed.

View attachment 1714862872

View attachment 1714862873

Now on to the important parts . . . brakes, shocks, control arms and steering.

View attachment 1714862882

View attachment 1714862883

The brakes are Wilwood WIL-140-9918-D Dynalite 12.19 in rotors with the 2" drop Wilwood pro spindles.

The measurement from hub face to hub face is 57 7/8 inches.

Since there is a limitation on the picture upload, I will continue in another post.

Where'd you see that at on there?

Looks like they changed it. I copied and pasted it. It was on the FAQ page, 7th question down. Today it reads this.

A: The GTS kit has an adjustable track width. The actual track width varies from model to model (A, B/E, C etc) as well as which brake kit. Generally speaking, on an A body, it is adjustable from 58 to 61 inches. The highest suspension travel, which is 6.5 inches, is at 58.5

Looks like they changed it. I copied and pasted it. It was on the FAQ page, 7th question down. Today it reads this.

A: The GTS kit has an adjustable track width. The actual track width varies from model to model (A, B/E, C etc) as well as which brake kit. Generally speaking, on an A body, it is adjustable from 58 to 61 inches. The highest suspension travel, which is 6.5 inches, is at 58.5

Cool I hadn't even noticed the FAQ section, thanks

Just to clear things up, because I know someone will see this and scratch their head, there was apparently some miscommunication between myself, and the people who do my website, PLEASE NOTE: suspension travel at 58.5" hub to hub is 6.5" with a 61" hub to hub, it's close to 7" of suspension travel, it should now be fixed on the website. Also, brakes make a huge difference in hub offset, a big 13" brake can add as much as 7/8" to each hub, because of the caliper size.

Does anyone know the hub to hub on an A body with the 73 and later disk set up?

Im wondering if any cars are on the road with this front suspension? lots of chatter but zero driving time?

Yep. There's several on the road with them. I'm following on his Facebook page and there's people driving them. Can read over there if you wish.

I see they had a blurb in Mopar Collectors Guide as one of the top 10 aftermarket parts for 2015 - and 4 to be exact

Referencing post #102 - In the first picture, set at ride height, it looks like there is
minimal clearance between the upper ball joint mount and the spring.

In the second picture with the suspension at full droop the spring has been removed
and it looks like there would be significant interference if it were still installed.

Is this what I am seeing?

12431191_10203804569795085_549239434_n_zpsxgmo3szi.jpg

1060460_10203804569035066_582489249_n_zpsjsuildjf.jpg

I don't think the upper ball joint bolt is even tight in those pictures so that may be why it looks like it would hit the spring on full drop out...but it is a bit suspect that the spring is removed in the second photo.

I don't think the upper ball joint bolt is even tight in those pictures so that may be why it looks like it would hit the spring on full drop out...but it is a bit suspect that the spring is removed in the second photo.

Here, I shall upload the additional pics I took.

Yes the spring is out, why, so I could compress the shock fully without raising the car. If you have a better way, by far, do share and I'll measure that way.

Referencing post #102 - In the first picture, set at ride height, it looks like there is
minimal clearance between the upper ball joint mount and the spring.

In the second picture with the suspension at full droop the spring has been removed
and it looks like there would be significant interference if it were still installed.

Is this what I am seeing?

12431191_10203804569795085_549239434_n_zpsxgmo3szi.jpg

1060460_10203804569035066_582489249_n_zpsjsuildjf.jpg

No it doesn't interfere at all. Ill.upload some more pictures .

I've answered every question you've had.

But I do have a few questions for you.

What suspension are you running?

What makes you the expert on suspensions?

How much of a discount from HDK are you hoping to get by constantly attempting, and failing mind you, to shred other products, or are you on his pay roll?

If the GTS is such a piece of junk as you have tried to imply on numerous occasions, why was it named as a Top aftermarket upgrade by Mopar Collectors guide for 2015?

This kit is in every type of mopar, from street small blocks to full out drag cars with blown hemis...yet there's not been a single customer complaint bout the GTS. At least not one I've seen yet.

And there's more car sites than fabo, and more people running them then you or I even know.

So since you're such the expert, let's see you build your own kit, post it and we'll see how well you do.

I get that you don't like it, that's your right, I don't work for GTS, I don't get anything in return for posting about this kit, so I really don't care what you think of it, but you have ZERO experience whatsoever with this kit and from what I can tell based off your posts so far, with any aftermarket k frame kits. You've not had your hands on this kit, you've not even seen one personally. You have zero experience. Period. So until you do, please refrain from commenting on my post.

I think the guy is just trying to gather as much info as possible. From the pics posted I can see why he is asking.

There needs to better more complete pics to answer some guys questions. Picture is worth a thousand words. Those words are only as good as the picture.

So instead of getting mad and accusing a guy of being on Denny's pay roll ( same thing could be asked about you pushing this system with as much as you are pushing it here) and post some quality step by step pictures so guys ca. See what exactly they would get.

I think the guy is just trying to gather as much info as possible. From the pics posted I can see why he is asking.

There needs to better more complete pics to answer some guys questions. Picture is worth a thousand words. Those words are only as good as the picture.

So instead of getting mad and accusing a guy of being on Denny's pay roll ( same thing could be asked about you pushing this system with as much as you are pushing it here) and post some quality step by step pictures so guys ca. See what exactly they would get.

Ive read his other posts as well. This isn't the first dealings with him.

I will openly and honestly answer your question as to myself. I am not with GTS or their company. I do not get a single dime, penny or other kick back at all from GTS. Never have.

I have already received my gts kit and my deal is final, every thing long ago changed hands. I picked it up at the Nats in Ohio back in August. Which is where I met Carl for the first time other than talking to him prior on the phone. Before finalizing my deal at the nats, Carl had me go compare his kit to the others that were there, namely HDK, which was the other kit I was considering. I am more than happy with the GTS over the others for reasons I've already stated.

Now, why am I pushing/bragging bout this kit so much?

Well, for starters, mopars aren't generally cheap to work on or upgrade. Not for quality parts. And the fact that this kit is fully made of American made parts and steel was a HUGE plus. Combine that with a price tag almost agrand cheaper than the HDK and a builder who stands behind his work, and yeah I'm gonna brag. Not for me, not to benefit GTS, but so that those guys and gals, who the HDK Or RMS or others are outside of their price range or turned off bevause of the use of ebay or Chinese parts, that there is a quality new option on the table. Simply spreading the word so that others can look into it if they so wish. If they dont, hey, that's fine by me as well. But at least I let people know.

If there's anything you want specific pictures of, simply ask and you shall receive.

The 2 pictures he pulled were of 2 different things being measured at 2 different times. The top once with the spring installed was of the hub measurement, the second was during the measuring of the travel. Yes I took the spring off, why, because there is no way to fully compress the shock with the spring on while the car is on jack stands as it lifts the car. The picture is deceiving a tad from the angle, at full droop, there's plenty of clearance with the spring on to avoid hitting the ball joint.

And Joe, I'll extend this option to you or anyone else that wants to stop by my place and check this thing out in person, just shoot me a pm if you're anywhere near Indiana and we'll make it happen. I've mentioned it before, had 3 guys come, check it out. 2 I know now are running the GTS, the other is saving for it last I heard.

I measured my Dart today, 73 big spindles, Strange brakes, 57.5" hub face to hub face.

that is great news....most I talk to are at 60" plus (when at ride height) with the later spindles (but with factory discs).....if fact, I have had several call and ask how to get the track width narrower with your same spindle set up. Maybe those Strange brakes are the ticket for your type of application. Care to share a part number for Strange brake package you have?, I'm sure a few FABO members would like to know.

just want to verify ....at ride height,...... because as you know, as the spindle drops when raising the front of the car....it swings downward and INWARD.

-
Back