Getting ready for the Mopar Nats @ E-Town

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
Getting the Dart ready for the Mopar Nats @ Englishtown Raceway Park in NJ
today. Checked "the" belt, hoses, fluids, wires, Torqued the lugs, and general inspection. All seem good.
Last time out I picked up on my 60", 1/8th mile and ET. But didn't have as great a gain in the 1/4 as in my 60's and 1/8.
My timming was at about 37.5* I just reset it to 35*.
Then I restriped the street I live on! :) .
I figured I would take a time trial next Saturday @ the Nats as is, and then bring the timing to 36* Take another time trial then decide whether or not to bring it back to 37*. A lower "all in" timing should give me more top end.
What do you guys think?

What weekend is that ?? I would love to go but we just went to the Mason Dixon Mopar show and I have to take time to get my 63 done so I am not sure if I will make it. Good luck. Ron

383man said:
What weekend is that ?? I would love to go but we just went to the Mason Dixon Mopar show and I have to take time to get my 63 done so I am not sure if I will make it. Good luck. Ron

E-town is the 19,20,21 of may...

I'll be there in Spirit! It's been a long time since i been to E-town! I'll actually be in NYC , but wont have time to go :sad2:

Eric_S68 said:
I'll be there in Spirit! It's been a long time since i been to E-town! I'll actually be in NYC , but wont have time to go :sad2:

sure your not going to be missing much... that show has fallen big time.... i'll be there saturday though.... its really only a half day show anymore.. i remember when you needed fri,sat and sunday do see everything... damn shame what happened to that show..

now I remembar what I forgot to do this past weekend. I have to get the antifreeze out of the cooling system and refill w/ distilled water. :mad:

Tony - I'm going tomorrow... Post us a report here when you get home today! And make sure it includes lots of pics!

mikelbeck said:
Tony - I'm going tomorrow... Post us a report here when you get home today! And make sure it includes lots of pics!

Sorry Mikel had no time for pictures. Tuned the car to a new best !

Besides Abodyjoe covered the pictures pretty good! He even got a shot of
A beautiful Aqua Dart on his way to run his new best of 12.777!!!\\:D/

Cool.... I just got in, I got a whole load of pics I'll post tomorrow.

I went 2 rounds, ran a bunch of 12.56s and a 12.41.

More tomorrow...

I didnt get to go again this year. Thats ok, it would just make me miss having my car on the road even more.

AdamR said:
I didnt get to go again this year. Thats ok, it would just make me miss having my car on the road even more.

I was wondering why I didn't see you!

The Super Stock Hemis were awesome.... I got tons of pics of them.

Yeah, I had a busy couple days at work that left me drained then lost my baby sister at the last minute.

I went on Sunday. Not alot of show cars, but some incredible drags including the F.A.S.T. class that I am going to try out in June at E-Town.

Don't feel bad Adam, I didn't get there either.
Kids were all sick, and we're still waiting for my daughter to have her baby.

Mikel, It sure looks like your Duster is launching better with the SS springs.

Tony, Those guys must hate getting beat by that little aqua Dart. LOL

Nice pics guy's

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Mikel, It sure looks like your Duster is launching better with the SS springs.

Sure is! Check out that first pic, the slick is all wrinkled, the left side is coming up but the rear is still sitting straight. A friend of mine watching told me that when I hit 2nd gear the rear of the car squatted again and the front end popped up. A few more HP and that front end will be up in the air. ;-)

-
Back