getting screw on a part from fabo no-no

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that the seller wasn't accurate in what he said. I think he should refund everything, forget this whole mess, then move on and chuck it up to experience.

If you dont get this worked out leave feed back for him with ths thread his rep is already gone here

Is the problem whether the heads were factory cut for 2.02 intakes vs. machined later for 2.02?

Or that these are actually 1.88 intake heads and were never run with 2.02 valves ?

Both parties used thier respective machine shops to determine each others claims. They both took effort to get 2nd or professional opinion.

The pictures of the head are bare without valves, but in one so the PM's the seller said he had 2.02 valves to go with them. Did the buyer get those valves? So do these valve fit the valve seats or are they just off something else?

What about pictures and measurements of the valve seat to 2.02 intake valve fit?

In one PM the seller said they magged good and were ready for a rebuild. Guides and seats are part of a rebuild.

In one PM the seller said they magged good and were ready for a rebuild. Guides and seats are part of a rebuild.

I see ready to rebuild as a good clean and magged core that is ready to be rebuilt in the future.

The pictures do not look like a fresh machine work.

The buyer paid $150 for these heads plus $90 shipping. Per one of the PM's on the other thread.

They look like cores nothing more! Cleaned and Mag'ed isnt machining. The photos in the sale ad look similar to the ones in the OP posted. The fact that the seller told a potential buyer in his thread to come on by and check out the parts says alot about him. If he were a true scammer he wouldnt want people knowing where he is. Did the seller ask you to ship them back? Odds are for you $109 you shipped them back you could have had the valves cut! Perhaps HIS machinist told him what they were and he was selling them based on the info passed onto him!

Yall quit talkin bout me like I aint here.

Also if you filed a claim with Paypal your suppose to wait till the verdict comes down before doing anything. And even then i believe that should the buyer have to send them back its on the buyers dime!(I know this because i went though it with a set of carbs awhile back) I would have waited for them to make there decision. Hope you guys get this settled.

They can, right Strokerscamp?...... Strokerscamp? .......Stroker? ........Scamp?

Dont take this wrong but you aint keeping up lol

I miss strokerscamp

Yall quit talkin bout me like I aint here.

hahaha I told them ther not keeping up lol
Well it kind of like missing Cassius Clay and not Muhammad Ali ....
I think DFX 340 Duster and 73hcode meant that they missed STROKERSCAMP...HE would have said"You #$#%^ a%%^& m&*() can
5782 56 @^*...
Now if they wanted the new Rob they would have call Rusty Rat Rod...Rusty Rat...Rusty Rat... Rod....Rod.....RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR R
Just my .02
:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

He needs to refund EVERYTHING!! Ask ADHD426 how our deal went when I sent him a crank that he couldn't use because it wasn't able to be ground enough to clean it up. I was out the crank(junk anyway) and shipping both ways, but you know what?.... That's the way you do business when selling used parts, and he told me that our deal restored his faith in doing deals online! Not like this knucklehead!!!

The heads are clearly not as stated, and by his own admission he doesn't even know what they are and whether they are any good, yet he will not stand behind his own stupidity and make the deal right!! I guess the $$ he scammed from Winston is worth his reputation and any future sales here!!

Make it right!!!

I understand the situation 100%. Parts were misrepresented and that warrants a refund.

I did a vehicle trade with a member here last year and got royally screwed. Karma is a dirty b****. I hope you can get this resolved
without to much drama. Whoever said "let the buyer beware" was probably bleeding from the rectum.

Well it kind of like missing Cassius Clay and not Muhammad Ali ....
I think DFX 340 Duster and 73hcode meant that they missed STROKERSCAMP...HE would have said"You #$#%^ a%%^& m&*() can
5782 56 @^*...
Now if they wanted the new Rob they would have call Rusty Rat Rod...Rusty Rat...Rusty Rat... Rod....Rod.....RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR R
Just my .02
:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:
Aw I see .:angel12:

I hate to tell you Wistoninwisc I think your going to get screwed on the shipping. From what I read he gave you casting # and told you to check and the heads did have 2.02 in them. Maybe not born with but there now. Paypal is only going to pay what you payed thru them not the 109 you spent. I doubt with what info I have seen you can prove wire fraud. Take what you can get and chalk it up to a learning experince. It sucks but we have all been there.

What he should do, and what he must do are 2 different questions.

The first is a moral question. He messed up, and should make it right. But the second question is the most important. By Paypal terms, the buyer is responsible for shipping. You might even be responsible for shipping, both ways. It's been a while since I had gone through this.

The optional idea.Split the return shipping. I talked to Winston,about this situation. He has given the guy every chance ,to do right. As far as I know,no response back. Kudos,to Okla,for his help. I have sold parts here,been as honest as I can. Pretty simple,the product,not as advertised.

I understand that there is a difference of opinion here, but what it this Verdict by 7pm all about? This is a forum where people ask questions and others try to help out. Things get sold and bought, jokes are told, support is given to those in need......but is not a court of law. I didn't get to read the pm's before they were deleted, but from others comments there was dialog between both of you before they were sent. Could be some miss communication since it seems like he was giving you info he got from his machinist. If he didn't say he'd pay for the shipping back, then that's a tough call because it should have been made clear before hand. People can say he should pay for it, but that's between you two. Maybe he could have been a little clearer.....maybe you should have asked for closer more detailed pictures. If it had shown up fine with 2.02 valves would you have known if it came from the factory that way? Not trying to imply anything, just asking because they were made in both configurations with no special markings to tell them apart. Anyway there is no "Verdict" to be handed down here, just opinions and this was mine. And we all know what they say about opinions. Hope you both can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back