Going to the drag strip! Wish me luck!

-

alleyoopmgv

Reaction score
Going to the drag strip tomorrow,(9/13/09) wish me luck!

I want to NOT break anything, stay safe, and oh yeah............................go fast!

I want to NOT break anything, stay safe, and oh yeah............................go fast!

I hope you have better luck & skills than I did yesterday. Good Luck!!!!!!

Good luck. What engine are you running? I went Saturday. Last Points race before the ET Finals at Indy. I am tied for 4th. Car ran 6.8731 on a 6.88 dial in at 100.46 mph., with a .0089 light. I ran 100.68 twice also. The other guy beat me with a .0088 light and a 7.2341 on a 7.24 dial. I beat him across the line by .0009 sec. I LOST!!! A .0089 light and it ended up one round out of the money. Have fun, I did.

no such thing as safe. just go straight.
I started racing in 1970 and I am tied for 4th in the points at my local NHRA track. I will be racing this weekend at the ET Finals at Indy. I have never been in an accident in the pits or on the strip. I have been lucky I guess, but safety in a priority at my track.

Did you make it, and how did you do ? I'm assuming Rock Falls
I probably talked to you and did't realize it. I'm sorry
Damn it was muggy
Let me guess, the Road Runner with the ALI OOP plate.

Again sorry if I recognize you.

Did you make it, and how did you do ? I'm assuming Rock Falls
I probably talked to you and did't realize it. I'm sorry
Damn it was muggy
Let me guess, the Road Runner with the ALI OOP plate.

Again sorry if I recognize you.

Yeah that was me. I really like your Swinger! Your car runs pretty consistent. Gonna try and make it one more time this fall.

Glad to here you had a day of racing Alley :cheers:
A day of racing is better then a day watching it rain :-D
Good to hear you had a good day at the track bud:happy10:

Good luck. What engine are you running? I went Saturday. Last Points race before the ET Finals at Indy. I am tied for 4th. Car ran 6.8731 on a 6.88 dial in at 100.46 mph., with a .0089 light. I ran 100.68 twice also. The other guy beat me with a .0088 light and a 7.2341 on a 7.24 dial. I beat him across the line by .0009 sec. I LOST!!! A .0089 light and it ended up one round out of the money. Have fun, I did.

Thanks superbird6bbl! I'm running a 525 horse 440. Got to work out the bugs yet, but I'm having fun!

Thanks superbird6bbl! I'm running a 525 horse 440. Got to work out the bugs yet, but I'm having fun!
That is what it is all about. I ran at the ET Finals but went out in the second round. I guessed and missed my ET and my light sucked. I haven't weighed my car yet, but I am guessing around 450 hp for mine? We run the 1/8th. mile. 6.8731 at 100.68 mph is my best. 68 Dart with a dana, full floors, light doors, fenders and hood. I weigh 240 approx.. 525 hp should move you rather well.

-
Back