Got scolded by a neighbor

-
Chong is cool. Aged much better Cheech.

Moparker -
You would've loved my cul-de-sac 30 years ago. I had a heavily-built '69 340 Swinger and my neighbor directly across the street had a '57 Chevy Cameo pickup with a stout smallblock. It looked like we had a black crosswalk between our two driveways from the burnouts we did from each others house.
The kids in the neighborhood loved it.
Unfortunately, he got divorced and moved away. I'm still in the same house but the rest of the neighborhood has gotten old. Guess I'm the only one that hasn't grown up because I still ride my 30+ year old Kawasaki 1000 and am now building my 'new' '69 Dart.

Have to ask since nobody else did, are there kids on your street?

i had a naber lady like that miss goody to shoes i was at the store one day and her car was broke down.she sees me and ask me to look at it yep dead battery and i had no jumper cables.and guess what car i was in you got the one she raised hell about i offered to take her home and she agreed so i got her milk and bag with ice cream and told her i was parked at the end of the row.so she fallowed me wen we got to the car she says omy i said it wont hurt you.she gets in and she said you don't have a radio or heater i said no you wouldnt here it any ways.so away we go come up to an intersection and a car almost hits us she hollers man that the stuff that makes me mad. so me being as pissed:cheers: as i was i stood on it puled it in second gear and she grabs hold of my leg and i know you wont believe this but she says I think i had an orgasm and screams wow! i all most fainted. so i got her home and she said that was the wildest thing she has ever done.a week later her husband comes over and ask were he can find a car that's like that i leafed to my self.they now have a 68gtx with a440 in it and go to all the cruses.since then i moved to the MTs,and they come visit.

Yes there are kids on the street. I have 2 myself. They can't ride there bikes on the street do to the speed of the cars and the lack of sidewalks. It is a country road so to speak. That is why if I do put my foot in it I get out of it quick. Also that's why I took my lumps. I was wrong. Like I said I have very rarely done this. Just a weak moment.

Yup, can`t poop where you have to eat, huh?

So true, you NEVER want to piss off the neighbors, with all the laws out there against car guys they can make your life a living hell!

Here's a few rules I've learned to live by being a car guy:

1) If your going to work on a car, make sure at the end of the day it looks like it runs (even if it doesn't) That means all 4 tires on the ground with air in them. So never leave it on jackstands, and make sure ALL the mess is cleaned up.

2) Don't start working on it too early and stop working on it before it gets too late. especially noisy tools like air compressors, air tools and grinders etc.

3) A car cover (tan ones blend in the best) work wonders for hiding that multi paint, primer and rusty non running project that you want to sit in your driveway. Keep the cover and the ground around it clean and it just looks like a parked car.
I actually learned this from one of the City of Concord guy that stopped by to warn me about having a non running car (my sons Demon that we just pulled the motor out of) sitting in my drive way.

4) NEVER do burnouts in front of your house ( you or your friends) that will piss off that one neighbor who has nothing better to do than turn you in for every little thing you do. When I'm "testing" I always go to a empty road near by that doesn't have houses on it.

5)Don't take over the whole street with all your project or non daily driven cars. This will get your neighbors calling the City on you like crazy especially if they can't park in front of their own house. My neighbor has been called on by some of the neighbors around here so much that the City started making it a habit of driving by regularly. Which is how I got popped for working on a car in my driveway (which can't hardly been seen from the main street)

6) I'm sure just about everyone here has fired up a car uncapped before, but try not to fire up your uncapped or extremely loud exhaust car, too early or too late while reving your motor in your driveway.
I've actually been woke up at 7am by my neighbor who was tuning his uncapped car in his driveway and reving it like crazy, and then started doing burnouts right in front of my house. I'm a car guy and even I was like WTF!!!!!!!!

I guess this all comes down to common sense.

My Dad just dropped $18K on an asphalt driveway, now he burns out on his 18 acres and no one can do anything and he's 64.

There you go. 64 and still doing burnouts. If I'm able to get 18 acres that will be my test and tune area like your dad.

Thanks you guys I don't feel so bad. If guys more senior than I are still acting 17 than I must not be that F'd up after all.

If your not pissing off the neighbors, then your doing it wrong!
You want us all to come over and do some burnouts?

That would be bleepin awsome.Beer No. 6 and warmed up pizza.

I'll tell ya a story that shocked the crap out of me. All the guys down my street, I'm on the corner, don't mind if I get juvenile every once and a while (a few of them even show up with cool ones to see what I'm doing) but I was worried about this 1 guy 3 doors down. He's an old ex rodeo rider and judges now I think anyway last week I come around the corner headed for my garage and he flags me down and asks me to do a burnout, so I gives her about a 3-4 second burst. Then old Joe looks at his son, who's standing beside his brand new Challenger and says "see that's how it's done". Shocked the crap out of me.:-D:-D

Terry

You kidding me . I simply started my stock muffled Dart 340 in my garage and backed it out . The lady comes running down twice now . She has a new born baby. What do I have to do? wait till the baby is 6 or 7 years old :clock:before I can start my car.

I am 42 and love to side step the clutch at 4 grand when I leave the house. Where I live the speed limit is 25 but it doesnt say how long you should take to get there. My house is for sale if the neighbors dont like it then they can buy it and I will leave.

You woke up a new moms baby?, Thats like playing with fire!----DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!!

Can I show my neighbor the video and tell him he doesn't have it so bad?

Where I live the speed limit is 25 but it doesnt say how long you should take to get there.

Up here you WILL get a ticket for "exhibition of speed" for doing that. Yeah, I was shocked too. You don't have to break the speed limit either. Stupid is as stupid does.

Wylde1.

I don't think he's into cars at all. I don't think I'm into him either..

-
Back