Hats off to The Texas Roadhouse

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
Kay and I went there for dinner last night. When we arrived, I saw two parking spaces next to the Handicapped that had a sign I had never seen before. They said Combat Wounded. In the center was a Purple Heart. This choked me up more than a little! I made a point of telling the Manager how wonderful and special this is. I served in the Navy in the 60's and was never wounded.
Mike

It's about time....and what about all the other eateries!!!

Treblig

...and it's not just your local Texas Roadhouse restaurant.
After reading your post I checked online and it looks like a number of Texas Roadhouse restaurants have dedicated parking spots for our combat wounded vets.

combatwounded.jpg

Further checking found the signs are available for FREE for business from WoundedWarriorsFamilySupport.com. All they ask is for the shipping costs to be covered by sending them either a FedEx or UPS shipping label.
Here's a link to their website: Mobility is Freedom | Wounded Warriors Family Support

Good on them! The Gold Star Family Parking is also popular here on the bases.

160330-F-HK400-001.JPG

IMO, a great purpose of these signs is not only to honor the sacrifices made but to remind everyone that our choices as participants in a Constitutional Republic carry consequences.

Last edited:
-
Back