Header fitment rant, Doug's

-
My conclusion is, put the Damn header on and modify the rest of the exhaust system. I shouldn't have to but I'm tired of messing with it and need to move on, it's been holding up the show for far too long. I'd like to get the car on the road, I have 99% of the new parts I need to finish the car.

It's disappointing.
Mam I'm going through the same crap

Here's a picture of my Patriot headers. They seem to be good quality and finish but the passenger side is angled out quite a bit. So much so that it is hitting the torsion bar. There is no reason for that.View attachment 1715427535
They are made by Pertronix. Pattern after Doug's tech said. My 74 hits passenger torsion bar. Driver hits bottom of gear box. The kick out sump oil pan? ARRRGHHHHH!! !

I see this story never ends, I posted several times last year. I went with TFS heads and Dougs and man they don't even look like the same header after I beat them up.They hit everthing! Still not sure if the TFS exhaust port is higher or not. I used those thick motor mounts from a Dart Convertible also. Had to raise the motor, Just buy the cheap Ebay stuff it won't hurt so bad when you take a hammer to them, you know going in what to expect.

They are made by Pertronix. Pattern after Doug's tech said. My 74 hits passenger torsion bar. Driver hits bottom of gear box. The kick out sump oil pan? ARRRGHHHHH!! !

They're made in Mexico, I offered to send the first piece back so they could hang it up in the break room, he declined.

I'll try TTI next time, un coated, get them coated after reworking to fit.

Funny thing the place I had my dougs recoated after tube reconfigurations said to me he advises everyone who enters his shop to buy them bare, fit them up make your adjustments than get them coated as this applies to all brands of cars .

They're made in Mexico, I offered to send the first piece back so they could hang it up in the break room, he declined.

I'll try TTI next time, un coated, get them coated after reworking to fit.
Yes he told me the Mexico deal. Better than commie land. I sent those back lol

I understand but that’s like a few of my engine components said to fit x engine you need to make alterations for it to fit . It sucks when you shell out your hard earn and things don’t fit as they should. Hey that’s hot rodding !

I see this story never ends, I posted several times last year. I went with TFS heads and Dougs and man they don't even look like the same header after I beat them up.They hit everthing! Still not sure if the TFS exhaust port is higher or not. I used those thick motor mounts from a Dart Convertible also. Had to raise the motor, Just buy the cheap Ebay stuff it won't hurt so bad when you take a hammer to them, you know going in what to expect.
Seen some stainless headers on e bay. Less than 200. Maybe I should have beat those. All in, the Patriots look and are built nice. Good deal for the $ imho. That darn oil pan though.......

I understand but that’s like a few of my engine components said to fit x engine you need to make alterations for it to fit . It sucks when you shell out your hard earn and things don’t fit as they should. Hey that’s hot rodding !
This car is especially rectally annoying. Hope the OP got it. We've been at it for days

-
Back