Hello there, good to be here !!!

-

lost_jonny

Reaction score
Right On

Well, the cars a 1975 Valiant Brougham 2door Hardtop w/factory 318 clogged up by an old sp2p and 4barrel edelbrock 600....... done quite a bit of work to it over the last 12 years. Originally survivor green w/ white vinyl roof, had the cool old aluminum slots on it when I got her, I think the previous owner was in the process of making scamp clone(badges in the glove box and stripe kit over the trunk...... I don't think the broughams came from the factory w/that?? I've done a full body(not frame... great shape) restoration and she's sittin here now with a chrome & sidelight shave with coat of viper black to cover the rash. Burnt the tranny out completely doin brake stands on New Years 2004 and now it's been rebuilt w/HD steel guts by Peter Willy out in Victoria, BC.... who has helped me out immensely gettin her in shape as of lately(thank you Peter)....... in preparation for a stroked 360(decided to keep the 318 in and play with that, just got a set of 302 heads) the front ends been completely overhauled and K-member welded up along with sub frame connectors and there's an 8 1/4 rear with 3.55 suregrip along with a set of cop rallys sitting on 255/60r15(slight shave and roll on the wheel wells)

I just did some trading and ended up with a nice floor console w/3sp hurst + linkage that I'd like to install this summer..... 50% of the interior is waiting as well

This was a west coast winter free car from the get go and I've had her for over a decade now..... she's been coast to coast twice and still not seen a winter..... hibernating her in the Maritimes(what a harsh environment for a vehicle).

Thats the story so far....... it never ends

If anyone has any advice/tips for the column to floor shift conversion and or for that matter on matching up the 302 heads on the 318 to a good intake(port match? bowl blend? valve grind?....... ) I know there's a tonne of info out there on it, I've read alot..... you can never know everything and there's always someone who knows more.... I'm open for any advice you'd be willing to share.

cheers
Jonny

Welcome to FABO from sunny and warm SoCal. You're going to have fun here!

Nice Car ! ! Welcome to FABO..

You got the right guy workin on trans .. Peter Wille, and Victoria Automatic do ace work. Wille family owned Chryco Dealerships and trans shop for 50 yrs.. And Peter has built many really quik cars.. Do you know if he has thread here, cuz he should have some awesome pix..

Welcome to the site Jonny, from a fellow Maritimer. There are a few of us on here and we like to get together at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton. Sounds like you have things well under control with your car.

Jack

Hey, that looks great-nice stance,and welcome

Well hello there from another Maritimer, nice car. This would make you the 27th Maritimer on my Maritimers list, that is if I did not miss anybody. Like Jack said come on down to the Atlantic Nationals. www.atlantticnationals.com
I am the original owner of a 76 Dart Sport, now with a 360

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the site...... mopar fans are the salt of the earth and helpin each other out with cars is what it's all about. Very glad to be here and I'm lookin forward to some great chats and seeing you out there on the road and at the shows and swap meets.

Cheers
Jonny

sort of in hibernation mode..... and no garage this year to do any work in over the winter(this is gonna change) but I started her up the other day and drove around the parking garage where she's wintering over..... so nice.......and fun setting off all those car alarms. Gotta get them new heads on there this spring, I can't wait.

-
Back