Help me chose my color, red or black?

What color should I paint my Dart?

• Total voters
-
what about red with black stripe?:grin:

Yes, what he said.
You have my curiosity.
IF you select red, why not a black stripe?
IF you have a black interior, the stripe would then match.
I think it would stand out more too.
This doesn’t matter, but given the choices I personally would prefer a black stripe to a white stripe.
That is unless you had a white interior, and then a white stripe would coordinate.
But a white interior wasn’t an option.
So is this a possibility?
The suspense is killing us.

Decisions, decisions.:blob6:

Maybe this link will help.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-j4XSAX7bWg

Figures I ask a simple question, A or B? The answers I get, D, H, P, L, Q, and Z! :razz:

Red interior is a true stunner.

I'd love to see red with red interior, or black with red interior.

I'd love to do my hemi orange notchback with orange interior.....schwing!!

To do the red interior correctly and make it look decent is not easy. The Dash pad, metal dash structure, kick panel, and seats all have different shades of red. If you just paint/dye everything one shade of red it looks tacky and overbaring. You need some contrast.

It's much easier to find used black door panels, kick panels, and dash. The red fades heavily over the years. Red kick panels turn to chalk, dashes crack worse and chalk, door panel do so-so.

I don't know if red interior was offered for 68 Darts. But it was in 69. That probably doesn't matter in this case though.

Personally, and this is just me, but I see too much red and too much black. They do look great, but... Example, in older MM magazine at Bristol? drags they have a pic of all the Mopars attending lined up in staging lanes. Out of around 15 cars, at least 9 or 10 were red. Pretty tough to stand out (and isn't that what red is for?). My favorite color on a 67-69 style Dart is the F6 Bright Green Metallic. It is a "show stopper" IMHO.

So in response to your question, I choose F:

Grant

If it was good enough for Garlits........

Black is high-maintenance, had a black car for years in the early 80's and my 69 300 is black. But I voted black anyway, especially with the red stripe.

Go with the red

RAY'S 69 -2.JPG

yea i gotta agree, red with black interior,, I say this because I just came from the mopar show at the fairgrounds and there was only one or two darts that were red.

i wonder why :bootysha: haha im jk i jsut dont like that red but if you ger like a really nice red then maybe but i like the black

I plan on painting my 72 red with black seats, should the dash be black or red, also the dash pad what color?

thanks

don't particularly like a red interior but if thats what you want its your car do what you like and the hell with what people think. why not paint it the factory color?

A freind had a Duster with a red dash which looked fine with his red/white interior, including white seats. I think I would only consider it if theres a good balance of red/black inside. IMO, if the seats are black,I'd make the dash black too.

Grant

factory color is creame,,,,,, uuugh! Black seats black dash pad, red dash, red carpet already bought along with black front seat already done. still working on the rest.

-
Back