help needed to appraise my 65 dart gt

-

cruiser3042

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I need info on who i can get to appraise my 65 dart gt.It is titled as a 273 4 barrel car premimum edition
I have a rebuilt 87 police interceptor motor. Mild cam with edelbrock duel plane intake and 600 cfm carb
The trans is fairly new rebuild.The body has all trim in good shape. Almost no rust but the car is in primer.
Everything bumper to bumper is new/rebuilt .installed race seats and hurst shifter.New tires . Has cragers but they are old.
Tell me what yall think. Its the car in my profile.

Hard to tell by the pic as its small. Need to see more and bigger like interior underhood, etc. Just a quick number without needing more and thinking in primer it needs interior etc. I throw out 2 grand until we see more.

I dont want to sell it.I wanted to fig out what to tell insurance. The interior is stripped to race buckets .
Roll cage headliner and door panels.no carpet. I paid 2 k without the motor and transmission inatalled.
The motor is close to 400 horsepowee 318.front end is upgraded with disc brakes..355 gears with sure grip posi.

Classic car insurance is CHEAP. You should be able to get $20k of agreed value coverage for around $200 per year.

Ok thanks
Ill call Haggardy ins Fri.They should be able to suppliment my current full coverage i have on it thru Nationwide. Its under 200 every 6 mo. But its registered as classic so i can legally drive it daily.

Hagerty requires a pic of your car for policy alignment. If the car is in primer and has race seats and such in it, you will be hard pressed to convince anybody that it needs a 20k replacement value on it!! Geof

Hagerty requires a pic of your car for policy alignment. If the car is in primer and has race seats and such in it, you will be hard pressed to convince anybody that it needs a 20k replacement value on it!! Geof

I don't know how your insurance works but I was thinking the same thing as Geof. It's clearly not worth anywhere near 20K so why would any insurance company agree to that? If they did I'd wrap it around the first pole I could find :D

I have just used my regular insurance since my classics are all daily drivers. They don't charge me like high value, and agreed on price. When I have had an accident, then it becomes a "simply a question of price". My 65 Newport was totaled 3 times, mainly because the body shops the insurance sent me to said "couldn't estimate". I send them ads of comparable cars, they pay me ~$2000 and let me keep the car. I buy a new door or such, repaint and good or better than I was and pocket some money.

But its registered as classic so i can legally drive it daily.

Kansas allows that? They don't in Michigan. If you run historical or year correct plates you are limited as to how much you can drive it, as the law reads.

I don't think they really enforce it too much, but it is on the books that way.

I wanted to put year correct plates on mine and the SOS told me my driving would be restricted to parades, car shows etc.

I just did my 65 formula s with hagerty and it is easily worth the 8,000 I had it insured for! However it is a difficult battle for early a body owners to prove the value of your vehicle when it has been restored outside original like mine! You must save every reciept, bill, record of anything you do to the car or you will never prove the value of anything happens to it! I went throught this with my previous 66 cuda when someone ran into it and totalled it! I had every reciept and record of money put into it, the idiots insurance company was forced to pay me every dime I had into my joy! So the reality is save save save paperwork! I have a folder for the current 65 formula s and believe me it has been modernized, front disc brakes, modern u joints, 8.25 rear end, 318 motor, dual master cylinder, ect soon to be painted, so its value is worth every dime put into it! You must do the same and it will be insured for that! Go for the gusto, Mopar or Nocar!

I don't know how your insurance works but I was thinking the same thing as Geof. It's clearly not worth anywhere near 20K so why would any insurance company agree to that? If they did I'd wrap it around the first pole I could find :D
I never said id insure it for 20 k ?
I
Said id call haggardy for a estimate.i did,sent pics etc and its insured for more than the 3k i have in it.And good luck finding a dart that has no rust,2 owner and a vin id as 273 4 barrel hipo car for 2 k ?

If you have an agreed value policy, I would insure it for $10,000. Imo I don't think $5000 is enough and $15-$20,000 is too high. I insured my unfinished 66 Dart for $10,000. If it were completed, I would go for $20,000. tmm

If you have an agreed value policy, I would insure it for $10,000. Imo I don't think $500 is enough and $15-$20,000 is too high. I insured my unfinished 66 Dart for $10,000. If it were completed, I would go for $20,000. tmm
Thank u for the good info . I appreciate ur professional response and not sayin commit ins fraud as a joke.
I dont know about the one that made that comment. But i am guessing yall enjoy and take pride in ur cars. Even if its unfinished and is not a car show queen. I still love my car .Last time i checked we post on here for help and adult advise. All but rob i thank yall for once again being a great help.

The best advice I can give you is just insure it on your regular car insurance policy.
My Duster runs less than $100.00 a year.

But the most important thing is to keep every receipt, I once got 2X the insurance companys inital offer when my bike was totaled because I had every recieipt since it was new.

Also have it appraised every couple of years, my uncles 63 ford, (which is really really nice) was hit very hard in the rear end by an elderly gentleman.
His insurance company said it was totaled and was going to give my uncle a check for $1600.
My uncle produced a appraisal which was about a year old for $30,000.00.
Yes the car ended up being repaired properly.
It just pays to have all your paperwork in order.

Kansas allows that? They don't in Michigan. If you run historical or year correct plates you are limited as to how much you can drive it, as the law reads.

I don't think they really enforce it too much, but it is on the books that way.

I wanted to put year correct plates on mine and the SOS told me my driving would be restricted to parades, car shows etc.
i have classic plates so it can be driven

The best advice I can give you is just insure it on your regular car insurance policy.

But the most important thing is to keep every receipt, I once got 2X the insurance companys inital offer when my bike was totaled because I had every recieipt since it was new.

Also have it appraised every couple of years, my uncles 63 ford, (which is really really nice) was hit very hard in the rear end by an elderly gentleman.
His insurance company said it was totaled and was going to give my uncle a check for $1600.
ty sire i do have classic full coverage its around 200 every 6 mo,

Hey Badsport-- he is in Texas!! When I get my car back on the street i'll check into the Kansas laws again. Lawrence

Good advice. Be sure to update the appraisal as you do more work and the car ages.

-
Back