Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
Well the damn thing is still in there, hopefully tomorrow I will get it out. :banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 374
You could come up and check out the Nat's. Accomodations available.

Just spend Friday and Saturday with the Brothers and you will be healed.

What days are you Findlay brothers going to be at the Nats? I am going to be there on Friday and maybe Saturday.

Showing a car?

Ma Snart

Thanks Ma. Now if this thing will just cooperate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 375
If your pulling the whole k member out, just unload the torsion bars all the way, remove the upper control arms and shocks, then remove the 4 main k member bolts, and slide it fowared on a floor jack, all together, easy, 20 min job! That cuda looks killer by the way!

What days are you Findlay brothers going to be at the Nats? Showing a car?
Thurs, Fri & Sat at least. We will have the 40 x 40 FABO tent on the race
side near the starting line end of the racetrack.

Should have HemiDenny's Hemi Duster, HemiMark's Hemi Cuda, 62BT409's
Hemi Demon, Dave's (Ross's dad's) Tom Hoover engined 6-pack swinger,
Ross's under construction Duster (?), HooshPuppy's 383 Duster and Hank's
340 Demon.

Weeb will probably bring his "Edmund Fitzgerald" Challenger as it seems
the trans is sick in his 440 Duster.

Denny and Weeb are also planning on bringing an under-construction
Dart showcasing some new features.

Early on, BadLilRed said he was bring his red Duster and several others
will probably show up. We have lots of room.

I have to concur with Ross. The evenings at the hotel parking lot car,
drink and food fest are supremely fine quality hours.

Here's the map.....We are next to the Viper area.

NatsMapNEW_zps5370d3f8.jpg

Thanks for the reply Old Man Mopar. I was wondering where the FABO area was going to be so that solves that question.

Planning to drive out Thursday night and stay with my brother who now lives in Delaware. He is a Mopar lover as well (picture attached). We grew up on a farm in Wyandot county 10 miles east of Upper Sandusky.

My brother and I will be there Friday and meet up with you guys at the FABO area.

Look forward to the face to face meeting.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC01931.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 392
Thurs, Fri & Sat at least. We will have the 40 x 40 FABO tent on the race
side near the starting line end of the racetrack.

Should have HemiDenny's Hemi Duster, HemiMark's Hemi Cuda, 62BT409's
Hemi Demon, Dave's (Ross's dad's) Tom Hoover engined 6-pack swinger,
Ross's under construction Duster (?), HooshPuppy's 383 Duster and Hank's
340 Demon.

Here's the map.....We are next to the Viper area.

NatsMapNEW_zps5370d3f8.jpg

The Under Construction Duster is still at paint, so It wont be making the trip.

If your pulling the whole k member out, just unload the torsion bars all the way, remove the upper control arms and shocks, then remove the 4 main k member bolts, and slide it fowared on a floor jack, all together, easy, 20 min job! That cuda looks killer by the way!

It's been a job, two cans of PB blaster lots of cussing, breaker bar with long pipe for a little extra umph, large snap on impact gun and a 6' 2" 280 pound master mechanic and its out. Only ended up breaking one of the 4 bolts holding it to the frame, what a fiasco. When we finally got it out it was full of red clay and looked like something at sometime had made a nest in it because along with clay was a bunch insulation.

Pics to follow.

Pics of the little trouble maker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 357
I thought the bolts were suppose to always come out easy on those Southern cars ?

Yep, why do something in 20 min when you can take 10 hours and get all that enjoyment out of it. lol

Just got a Lakewood scattershield for the 4 speed setup. I'll post a pic or two later.
Just want to thank moparboi431 for his great service, fast shipping and cool guy to talk to.

Still nothing going on right now, I think ill order the radiator/ fan setup also the starter. Any suggestions on what will work.

Smith Racing radiators will make you a custom rad but if your in a hurry there prob not for you took me 5 months to get mine but they built it custom A body barracuda hi B body wide rated to 750hp

Griffin 5-00058 for manual / 5-70057 for automatic...1970 Cuda AAR application. they even have the "stock" look

stays cool (at thermostat rating) on the hottest days, in traffic, with A/C on.

March pulleys....std ratio...aluminum, you can get them right from March powdercoated

Summit had the best price on the rad

Wizard Cooling will also build you a Radiator depending on HP rating, doesn't look "Stock" but is still very nice looking and works great. Of course I painted it black for a more "Stock" look.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dart 020.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 287
-
Back