Holley Help Needed

-
As Loco said. You start with heavy, and work to light with the springs. A quick change kit and a metering block conversion will put a typical 3310 Holley within about $30 in price to a street avenger 670 that is a better carb and comes with the jetting and quick change cover and several springs to play with. The Avenger 670 is a close match to the oldschool 750 and would work well for you. HP books has great books on tuning a Holley...

Graham, first for now who cares what the initial timing is, just set it the total to what it runs best with and then find a way to increase the initial to the point where it'll still turn the motor over without the compression fighting the starter.
Example 25*initial and 34* total.

Try the lightest spring in the vac secondary spring kit and go from there increasing the stiffness till it doesn't bog at wide open throttle.
Gotta go get back at you later.

340val, it pinged when he advanced it where he's at now, he's good. If he can advance/retard the total, like a MP distributor can in the Malory, that is the next step for the distributor. I'm not sure what that distributor can do as far as adjustments.
Otherwise, I'd go your way for starters.
I made this like mention with a MP adjustable earlier.

OZ, it may be falling over due to cam size or other things. Your going to have to make one adjustment at a time and see where it goes and go from there.

If I'm right your carb is set up 63 primary and 70 or plate #39 secondary with an 8.5 valve.

If you have to go 4 sizes bigger or smaller you have the wrong carb.

I would try 65 primary jets and plate #11 or 73's in the secondary.

Like others have mentioned you should do the meter block conversion, jets are cheaper.

G'Day All,

Ok this is were I'm at now I have installed a Accel Super Stock coil which has allowed me to incresae the timing I have installed the Edlebrock performer dual plan I am picking up a 3310 750 holley on Saturday morning which is the last change before we hit the strip.

I will let you know how it goes thanks for all your help.

G'Day All,

I have started a new thread in Racers forum as it is a more appropriate area to discuss this subject.

Cheers Graham.

-
Back