Holley tubular swap headers MIA on website. Reason?

-

DionR

Reaction score
I've notice for some time that the tubular headers Holley has offered in the past for Hemi swaps seem to be missing from their website. I haven't looked hard mind you, but I did go looking for some for a Dakota swap (BH2374) just out of curiosity and only found their cast iron manifolds offered.

Just noticed the following note on their manifolds:

1686082615466.png

I wonder if Holley was pressured to remove stuff like the headers due to the lack of emissions controls (catalytic convertors) being installed on the swap vehicles? EPA forcing them to not sell stuff that would make it hard to include things like that?

Just tossing it out there. Curious if anyone has any facts or insights.

Holley is discontinuing a ton of the parts that have been sitting on their shelves collecting dust. That's the most likely reason.

Holley is discontinuing a ton of the parts that have been sitting on their shelves collecting dust. That's the most likely reason.

Not sure these have been on the shelves sitting. I ordered a set of the A-Body one's last year and waited several months as they were on backorder. So whatever they had on the shelves was only there for a 6 months or so.

And I've been watching the clearance isles and don't see much in the way of Hemi swap parts.

Friend of mine waited something like eight months for his second gen Dakota long tubes from Holley. Gave him every excuse under the sun for the delays. I'm guessing they make after so many orders are filled. Shitty way to do business. But, I understand the cost of materials and overhead. Idk.......

Likely low volume pieces so they have walked away from it.

Could be. Could be profit margin as well.

First time I saw them, they were less than $400. Really good price. Then they went out of stock (sold out be my guess) and price was all the sudden almost $700. I found a place that said they had a set and paid for them at the lower price but they couldn't find them so I waited for them to be back in stock before they shipped me a set. Might be low volume, but they almost doubled the price and still sold out the second batch (I am assuming).

Note that the A-Body headers were mid-length stainless headers, but not full long tubes. The Dakota and E-Body headers I last looked at seemed like were closer to $1000.

Friend of mine waited something like eight months for his second gen Dakota long tubes from Holley. Gave him every excuse under the sun for the delays. I'm guessing they make after so many orders are filled. Shitty way to do business. But, I understand the cost of materials and overhead. Idk.......

I think I went 3-4 months waiting on the headers.

I ordered an oil pan and waited that long or longer before canceling and ordering one from ebay that was in stock. When I called to cancel, the lady said there were like 70 orders to be filled.

I think I went 3-4 months waiting on the headers.

I ordered an oil pan and waited that long or longer before canceling and ordering one from ebay that was in stock. When I called to cancel, the lady said there were like 70 orders to be filled.
That's funny. I think that was the exact number of orders filled on my friend's header debacle.

I looked under headers for Gen3 and found these:

There was also a set of silver ceramic one for the same price and black painted ones for $100 less. That's 4 types in all if you include the Chevy set above.

Interestingly, only the GM set are on clearance.

Have to say, hard not to jump on a D100 set just in case I ever want to build a G3 swapped pickup.

Probably a copy paste by the web person from another product and no one caught it.

I've notice for some time that the tubular headers Holley has offered in the past for Hemi swaps seem to be missing from their website. I haven't looked hard mind you, but I did go looking for some for a Dakota swap (BH2374) just out of curiosity and only found their cast iron manifolds offered.

Just noticed the following note on their manifolds:

View attachment 1716099122

I wonder if Holley was pressured to remove stuff like the headers due to the lack of emissions controls (catalytic convertors) being installed on the swap vehicles? EPA forcing them to not sell stuff that would make it hard to include things like that?

Just tossing it out there. Curious if anyone has any facts or insights.
I personally think they didn't do enough homework when designing their A-body swap kit. Think about the K-member required for their parts, 73-76. The A body died in 76. That's only 3 years of production with that K-member and its the least desirable years. If they would have used the 67-72 K-member for a basis of design, they get more production years and the more desirable platforms. Mopars in general have a smaller following than Ford or Chevy so from a business standpoint, I think they failed big time. I can see how this decision could have made their sales low when there are other solutions out there like TTi and Shumacker.

I personally think they didn't do enough homework when designing their A-body swap kit. Think about the K-member required for their parts, 73-76. The A body died in 76. That's only 3 years of production with that K-member and its the least desirable years. If they would have used the 67-72 K-member for a basis of design, they get more production years and the more desirable platforms. Mopars in general have a smaller following than Ford or Chevy so from a business standpoint, I think they failed big time. I can see how this decision could have made their sales low when there are other solutions out there like TTi and Shumacker.
It’s a clearance issue I believe, 73+ has more clearance for exhaust and oil pans. They also sold more ABodies in 1974(duster) than any other year.

Could be. I personally like the '73+ k-frame better regardless of the year of the car due to the sway bar mount and better motor mounts but they are certainly harder to find.

Thing is, they don't have any E-Body or B-Body swap headers anymore either. Those were a beautiful set of full length headers and the whole installation looked really clean based on the YT video Holley put out on it a year or so ago. I can see the A-Body parts being hard to move, but B/E-Body headers sure seem like they would be popular.

And just to reiterate, I'm not so sure the issue was that they didn't sell.

I ordered my headers in June of last year, right after they went on backorder and the price went up $200+. I had to wait until September for them to be delivered at which time they went back in stock on the Holley website. Now they are gone again and I never saw them on clearance so I bet they sold all of that batch as well. That's at least the end of one shipment and a completely other shipment that sold out in a year.

And it's not just the A-Body headers, they are all gone unless you have a D-100 or C10 you want to Hemi swap. And I would bet those will be gone when they sell out as well.

The C10 headers make some sense to be sitting on the shelves and being on clearance now to me. And if Holley made a misstep in spending development dollars on something it might be the C10 swap parts.

And remember that the Holley mounts move the motor forward 1.75" so I bet TTI headers wont work, at least in an A-Body. This means that Holley has effectively cut off anyone that would want to use their system but thumb's their nose at manifolds. Maybe someone is coming to market with an alternate source for those headers? Maybe TTI bought the rights and designs for them?

Just an FYI but no they did not stop selling them due to "collecting dust". I had mine on order for my hemi Dakota swap for 8 months before receiving an email telling me they had to refund my money. After 3 hours on the phone griping I was transferred to the head of R&D and was told that the EPA will no longer allow them to sell them. If you take a minute and look up the RPM act you will understand. He told me they had the headers, holley had been in litigation with the EPA for months (reason for the backorders) When the 2022 congressional year came to a close and the RPM act had not past holley started refunding money. They even had to change the website which is why the D100 now say 72-74 because after 74 the EPA's clean air act makes modification of any kind illegal. The swap headers fit all the way to 93 but they cant say that now. Even for vehicles used off road or in race settings. The law has not changed a word since 1974 but the new governments interpretation of it has. Look up the RPM act.

Not sure how to copy the link but I wrote about this on Jan. 17th in a wanted add looking for someone that may have had a set they were not using.

Just an FYI but no they did not stop selling them due to "collecting dust". I had mine on order for my hemi Dakota swap for 8 months before receiving an email telling me they had to refund my money. After 3 hours on the phone griping I was transferred to the head of R&D and was told that the EPA will no longer allow them to sell them. If you take a minute and look up the RPM act you will understand. He told me they had the headers, holley had been in litigation with the EPA for months (reason for the backorders) When the 2022 congressional year came to a close and the RPM act had not past holley started refunding money. They even had to change the website which is why the D100 now say 72-74 because after 74 the EPA's clean air act makes modification of any kind illegal. The swap headers fit all the way to 93 but they cant say that now. Even for vehicles used off road or in race settings. The law has not changed a word since 1974 but the new governments interpretation of it has. Look up the RPM act.

Weird that the A/B/E-body headers would go away at the same time since they aren't for emissions rigs (outside of the '75 and '76 A-Bodies).

That just sucks.

Not sure how to copy the link but I wrote about this on Jan. 17th in a wanted add looking for someone that may have had a set they were not using.

-
Back