How big of an issue is this gonna be phase 2

-

Reaction score
Im not liking this at all, good machine shop, just maybe didnt know any better or maybe it really dosent matter to anyone that dosent suffer from ADD but the arrows are random pointing, Im sure I have all the spit holes facing out toward cylinder wall and I have them all in the correct order so what gives, is it time for a straightjacket :eek:

Picture 482.jpg

The two pistons in the picture have the arrows pointing the same way, should be towards the front on the engine. But you're saying some of them don't?
And pardon my ignorance, but what are spit holes?

Never mind, the numbnuts that spent an hour this afternoon making sure everything was in correct order needs to be more careful

Last edited:
The two pistons in the picture have the arrows pointing the same way, should be towards the front on the engine. But you're saying some of them don't?
And pardon my ignorance, but what are spit holes?
Thats good at least this thread werent a complete waste of everyones time, if you take one of the caps of one of the rods you will see a small groove in the machined surface, oil is fed thru this groove under pressure and it spits oil onto the adjacent cylinder wall.

Spit holes face in toward the camshaft, bearing tabs face outward

Thats good at least this thread werent a complete waste of everyones time, if you take one of the caps of one of the rods you will see a small groove in the machined surface, oil is fed thru this groove under pressure and it spits oil onto the adjacent cylinder wall.

Spit holes face in toward the camshaft, bearing tabs face outward
Ahhhh, ok, I've seen those grooves but never knew exactly what they were for.
Thanks

That ain't no SBM!
What are you working on now?
Did I nap thru the SBM build?

The 340 is having machine work done, Im trying to get this 440 figured out so that I can get it back to have the deck cut if need be to get my target compression.

that some dirty finger prints in the one cyl?
Its gotta go back to the machine shop to have deck cut. Im sure they will do their cleaning and then Ill bring it back and wash it well/reassemble.

Heres one of the things that threw me, #s 2 4 6 8 are upside down. The arrows are pointing in the correct direction and the rods are facing the right way but its as if I got 8 pistons intended for the drivers side.

My machine shop tell me that this is normal?

Picture 486.jpg

-
Back