How do you spell "idiot"?

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
I spell it b-a-m-a-c-u-d-a! I am getting ready to fire my rebuilt motor. Put coolant and water in, and i have a drip at the bottom hose. No problem, I will put a pan under there and just pour back it in if it leaks too fast, but it is only a drip. Then I proceed to add the tranny fluid, between songs i hear a trickling sound and I figure it's just the radiator hose leak. After 5 quarts of $6 fluid, I then see the red puddle flowing out from the other side of the car. Seems I forgot to inset and turn the shifter cable (65 model 904) and now $30 of trans fluid plus $5 of absorbent is all over the floor.

The real kicker is years ago I authored a newsletter for the local Mopar club, Pentastar South. I did a cartoon that featured two not-so-bright characters, Henry and Bubba a mustang and camaro guy. In one episode, Bubba was puzzled as was Henry as to why after adding10 quarts of oil to the mustang that it still didn't show up on the dipstick. As the viewer, you could see the big puddle of oil and the oil pan plug under the car.

At least I didn't put twice the capacity... :-k

Sorry for your prob but THX. Hopefully will be cranking tomorrow; I'll double check.

LOL I had to laugh. Don't feel bad. I've done some silly stuff too. Nothing damaging so far just brainless. I don't know about you but I don't have much time to work on mine so when I do I am in a hurryand I forget things and have to do them over. I am looking for parts that I know I blasted and brought home but can't find. I may have to ask for help. LOL Mike

73 camaro with a built 66 327. I just installed a new oil gauge, started it up (no hood on it) and watched as a stream of oil shot out of the back of the block, bounced off the ceiling of my dads shop (about 19' ) then splashed all over the windshield of the car. I forgot to hook up the other end of the oil line coming out of the gauge. That oil stain is still on the ceiling of the shop and my dad still gives me **** for it.:angry7:

We have all taken the I-D-10-T test at one point.

The last time I pulled my engine I though I had everything disconnected. Started jacking the lift but something was resisting.......then all of a sudden....POP. I had forgot to un hook the throttle cable. What a dumb arse I was for that. Good thing I had a spare.

The last time I pulled my engine I though I had everything disconnected. Started jacking the lift but something was resisting.......then all of a sudden....POP. I had forgot to un hook the throttle cable. What a dumb arse I was for that. Good thing I had a spare.

done that on a dodge truck before

Don't feel too bad. I just drove my dart with no exhaust, only manifolds, on it, and now #1 has 64% leakdown.

thats fine i put a new carb on my roadrunner and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it kept back firein all the time. s my dad stops by and pulls it off to show me that i had left two washers on the carb studs on the drivers side and it had created a vac leak......worked fine ever since..lol

-
Back