How The Hell Does Year One Stay in Business

-
I agree to a certain degree.
However most "rich" people are "rich" because they're not stupid.

I've found that it typically boils down to a lack of ethics more than an excess of intelligence.

Year One is a long standing American business with brick and mortar retail stores here in the states. I have been in their Braselton GA store a few times. They hold events for charities there in their parking lot too. I find American workers with American wages, retirement plans, taxes, etc... Neighbors I can relate to.
Do you really expect Year One to compete with online/warehouse vendors, foreign or not? I don't.
The larger picture behind your whine...
I expect the day will come when Macys can no longer afford those annual parades, fireworks shows, etc... Amazon or Walmart will pick up those? I wont bet on that.
I'm sending a big Thank You to Year One, Macys, and all those other American retailers who have done so much for all of us for so many years.
I quit buying from them in 1993.When they jacked shipping way up.

My true definition of rich is knowing Jesus Christ. Aside from that, nothing else is relevant.

Yeah! I know him. Good guy but I keep trying to tell him that he's never going to learn how to heel-toe in those sandals. Buddah with the bare feet turns way better lap times.

Dispite agreeing with some of the OP, I'm just glad I can get some parts some where.
Any, choice is a good thing with MOPARs
But why the hell move to Braselton though?
I liked them better on Mountain Industrial.
Who goes to Braselton?
And where's Loganville?

I find if you know what part you need, you need to shop around. I find prices fluctuate everywhere. No buddy has the best price on everything.

My true definition of rich is knowing Jesus Christ. Aside from that, nothing else is relevant.

I agree.

Year One has always been overpriced. If you made a $1000 purchase you got discount. This was years ago. I could buy all my stuff back then from small co. like Hardens ( now defunct)...for way less. I went to Y1 only for a part no one else seemed to have. Classic Ind.?? You must use their discounts for a decent price and then get shafted on shipping.
Summit and Jegs ?? buy $100 worth and get free shipping. I buy all I can from them. Nevr any problem. great products generally and prices. ( OK everyone has China crap)... I never buy more than a part or two anytime anywhere. $100 is my budget generally. Because I can not afford more!!!!
My pet peeve is getting shafted on shipping, from anywhere, especially feebay!!! or Y1!! or Classic!!! or where ever!!!!

I think YO has a 150 min for free shipping on qualified items, no? With their prices that shouldn't be hard to get to.
I'm getting email discount offers from 20-30% quite regularly.

I find if you know what part you need, you need to shop around. I find prices fluctuate everywhere. No buddy has the best price on everything.

Yes. Definitely worth your time to shop around.

Also, some places have sales and coupons that can totally change the math. I saved 20% on my Doug's headers because Autozone had a great coupon code going for online sales at the time. If someone hadn't pointed that out, I would have just ordered from the usual Summit or Jegs web page and spent quite a bit more.

Yes but then tack on Classic's shipping and bull$hit insurance charge and I bet they're higher.
Plus if you look at the details those aren't even the same parts you're comparing Mike.
John you can buy Spectra direct. They sell on eBay. Canada made tanks for our A bodies.

I miss Hardens, they had really good prices and I like buying from the small guys.

I buy from all the vendors, anymore I look for who has the part in stock.
For the last few years I refer to Year One, as a year and one day until you receive the part.
Order way before you need it, I do really like their door pin kits, and they normally have them in stock.

Year one is the reason people are selling A body housing/8 3/4 open units on ebay for $1000.....HA Ha HA. good look chebby guy.......

John you can buy Spectra direct. They sell on eBay. Canada made tanks for our A bodies.
Sure you can, except you need to go through Auto Zone or O'Reilly's to do it. See the Spectra webpage as follows. No price no nothing except a redirect to people who sell it. Mainly Auto Zone and O'Reilly's.
SpectraTank.JPG

Now have a look at what Auto Zone is selling it for.

AZ_Tank.JPG

Now have a look at what JEGS is selling it for with free shipping.

Jegs_Tank.JPG

Same damn tank.
So what is your point 75 Sport?

I see 2 different mfg's Spectra and AMD
I believe Spectra is Canadian owned but I think their stuff is getting made in the land of the 3 o'crock ****** now
Sure you can, except you need to go through Auto Zone or O'Reilly's to do it. See the Spectra webpage as follows. No price no nothing except a redirect to people who sell it. Mainly Auto Zone and O'Reilly's.
View attachment 1715111531

Now have a look at what Auto Zone is selling it for.

View attachment 1715111528

Now have a look at what JEGS is selling it for with free shipping.

View attachment 1715111536

Same damn tank.
So what is your point 75 Sport?

YO sells more GM and other brand parts than anything. If you sign up for the mail discounts you will see the deals. “Occasionally” they post some really good deals. They have some exclusive buy deals from vendors we do not have access to. This is how! As with anything you have to watch the sale deals and buy when it is best for you. I am lucky they are only about 30 miles from me and can save the ridiculous shipping costs. AMD is even closer!

Most importantly there are wholesalers and retailers, we generally have no choice but dealing with the retailers unless you are connected to the actual wholesaler That makes it. Often then you may pay a higher price from the wholesaler than you can get from the retailer when they have sales. The wholesaler sets the price and buying in bulk helps the reseller make some profit and lower the cost. Simple Economics from high school.

Last edited:
I just ordered that fuel tank from rock auto last night. Will have to see what kind of quality it is. Shipping was $24 on the tank.

Mike Ross at BE&A has always had some great products and reasonable priced. I have been to his shop and he is a car guy through and through. His business was started and developed out of passion for his own cars. Andrew

LMAO, I know.
Sorry, I don't speak Kanook. What the hell does "And they mfg sweet **** all." even mean?
I think he meant that Year One actually makes nothing, they merely sell stuff from multiple suppliers.

-
Back