If you are going to sell your junk on here and won't post a photo

-
No pictures usually indicate a complete lack of desire to actually sell the item. Posting pictures isn't rocket science but I know there are people who have issues with it on every forum, that said so long as they offer to send pictures its better than nothing. What gets me more that anything is the person who acts like you should be grateful that the are selling the item/s. They rank right up there with the person is convinced that they have the only one of something and subsequently are asking a stupid price and are very defensive about it. They use lines like "if you know what it is you know what its worth" or "dont ask me stupid questions", etc.. These people need head wounds.... If you don't want to sell it, then don't post an ad!. The forums are not terrible, Craigslist on the other hand is horrendous...

No pictures usually indicate a complete lack of desire to actually sell the item. Posting pictures isn't rocket science but I know there are people who have issues with it on every forum, that said so long as they offer to send pictures its better than nothing. What gets me more that anything is the person who acts like you should be grateful that the are selling the item/s. They rank right up there with the person is convinced that they have the only one of something and subsequently are asking a stupid price and are very defensive about it. They use lines like "if you know what it is you know what its worth" or "dont ask me stupid questions", etc.. These people need head wounds.... If you don't want to sell it, then don't post an ad!. The forums are not terrible, Craigslist on the other hand is horrendous...

I've had better luck with Craigs List from coast to coast than any other method.

Cut, copy, paste and posting pictures should be minimum requirements for going online. If you caint do it, then learn.

I've posted for sale ads without pictures, but stated they would be up within a day. Sold most of them right after the picture went up. It definitely helps sell.

I hate guessing, it makes me crazy and we wouldn't want that now would we !!!

angry.jpg

Was augustine brothers in LDB.
Joe was around until mid 90’s.
Corner of 1st and mcarthur.

Thx man, I worked in LDB in ~1984, the year we tore up main street and laid sewer pipes. Between; our crew, and the Newfies, and the locals, there wasn't enough girls to go around.But I found one.........I was the handsome 21 year-old skinny-azz kid with the mayor's daughter on my arm. She was pretty, I liked her.

The hubcap man.was the mayor in 1984.

Did the hubcap man also own the motel downtown?
I think her name was Theresa.Not sure. I heard say her dad mightabin the motel-owner. Our Government gang took all our meals down there, they were included in our pay package.
Theresa picked me btw.
Your wife isn't a Theresa is she?lol. It's OK if she is,I kept it in my pants,lol.
Aw crap, that was NOT '84, it was '74; I did the math from '53, the year I was born. I still had my '70 Swinger340 at that time. I accidentally got it sideways a few times in that town..... and on one occasion I knocked down a roadsign, and went screaming across someone's front lawn. Well I guess they reported the Pink streak,( my car was PantherPink,lol), and the cop found me at the municipal yard banging out the rear quarter a few minutes later. That cost me a 2-week suspension on my license and restitution for the sign, and $2.50 court-costs,lol. Longest two-weeks in my life.That car was an evil-handling sob.

To the contrary. You post photos and people PM with the stupidest of question..." red seats for sale"..."what color are the seats"? So many dumb comments and questions. When I post I now ask for a email address and then forward the pics. The better viewer sends their email and the item is sold within a day or two.

To the contrary. You post photos and people PM with the stupidest of question..." red seats for sale"..."what color are the seats"? So many dumb comments and questions. When I post I now ask for a email address and then forward the pics. The better viewer sends their email and the item is sold within a day or two.

Sorry, NOT. I look at a lot of ads through a week, here, CL a couple other places. If I can't get a good idea of what/ condition/ price/ where/ etc, I DO NOT and WILL NOT spend a bunch of time with email tag

AND SELLERS OFTEN DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS I've asked them

Sorry, NOT. I look at a lot of ads through a week, here, CL a couple other places. If I can't get a good idea of what/ condition/ price/ where/ etc, I DO NOT and WILL NOT spend a bunch of time with email tag

Just for your personal edification, your own example: A "dumb" question about seat color might not be all that dumb, some ideas:

Maybe there is more than one shade of red, they really want to know the code
Maybe they are color blind
Maybe they are so faded it is hard to tell
Maybe someone thinks they may have been sprayed dyed

So you see? THERE IS always another side, isn't there?

Fact.

Myself and many people will keep scrolling on Craigslist, Facebook ads with no pics.

The only dumb question is the one not asked.

The only dumb question is the one not asked.
Or the statements made about a p.c. that doesn`t work right. Phone pics are just as good---------------can be looked at anywhere, anytime .

What about an add with now to contact them?

I just responded to a craigslist add, if it had a phone number, I would have been on my way now

Here on FABO, for internet safety (scammers) phone numbers aren't allowed unless you are a Gold member and choose to do so. We get enough crap from scammers and telemarketers as it is. No reason to advertise your number.

-
Back