I'm gonna need some help

-
Karl you are just one awesome person, any help is great help....should I make this thing wide enough for a few chairs so we can run three wide???maybe start the ramp from the roof for some gret racin and spectacular crashes ROFLMAO :cheers:
Why not build a hairpin curve or high banked half oval so he can practice his racing moves... LOL...

Ok. seriously. Waggs, how much do you need to complete the materials? Let me know, I can help with some $$$.

Again I want to thank everyone for their input and donations and help on this. It was sad to hear bruce had fallen down the stairs and that just ain't a good thing...

That musta happened after Kitty and I left. That sucks. You had said something about coming off the SIDE of the porch earlier. Unless I have missed something, the only entrance and exit off his porch is right there on the front. All the rest of the porch has a brick wall around it........unless I have missed something..............which or course having one eye and half sense is entirely possible.

he told me about falling down the steps a few days ago....hmmm brick wall....i'll need to see the pic's and figure out something else coming off the front steps then

he told me about falling down the steps a few days ago....hmmm brick wall....i'll need to see the pic's and figure out something else coming off the front steps then

Now...remember I said I THINK. Lotta room for error there......but those front steps are the only way I have seen to get on that porch. I would call him and ask him to be sure.....I could be wrong. It's happened a time or two before. May end up having to take a 90* off toward the yard, because honestly, I don't think there's 36' between the porch and the curb out front.....but again, I could be wrong.

, any help is great help....should I make this thing wide enough for a few chairs so we can run three wide???maybe start the ramp from the roof for some gret racin and spectacular crashes ROFLMAO :cheers:

Three wide is good.. Then we can have some real racin down there...

How much do you need to complete the materials? If you need $300, I'll cover it.

Just sent $360. $300 for materials, and $60 for beer and paypal fees if any. Good luck to Bruce and don't let him fall again.

Maybe build a rubber bumper around the ramp so he can go down no hands and the bumpers will guide him...

I gotta go take mom to Dr. now, see you guys after 7PM...

Holy Crow!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: this is gonna be one awesome project!!!!!!!I wont have to break up pallets for lumber and reuse old nails!!!!!!
Just sent $360. $300 for materials, and $60 for beer and paypal fees if any. Good luck to Bruce and don't let him fall again.

Maybe build a rubber bumper around the ramp so he can go down no hands and the bumpers will guide him...

THIS IS AWSOME!!!sd340

Wow you are krazy!!!!!! LOL

krazykuda is the man for real!!!!

WAGGIN........ I live in Anderson SC... if you let me know when and where maybe I can show up to help.

If any one want to fly me there and back i would help and stuff ..... and thats saying some thing i hate flying

Thanks for the compliments guys. My mom is disabled herself. Can't stand to hear about someone falling off of their own porch! Glad to help.

I'm too far and too busy to go down and help with labor, the least I can do is send some $$$ to help.

Waggs is the real hero here, he is organizing this and donating his time and labor.

You are a great guy Waggs, glad to get behind you and help you when you do these kinds of things.

Just as a word of advice to those out there..believers or not... who is in need of a wheelchair ramp. Our mens ministry at our church use the weekends to do small jobs around town for those in need. We have repaired roofs, plumbing, floors, built COUNTLESS wheelchair ramps, disaster relief (yes, we have a hurricane coming) and anything else that our community needs. For anyone in need, or if you know someone in need, I recommend contacting the business office of your local churches (ours happens to be the Baptist Mens Ministry and Disaster Relief) and ask if they know of any similar group that do these jobs. Materials and labor are all donated by local individuals and businesses. It is our way of spreading love to those in need.

I sent a few $$ to help out
I must say things like this is what makes this country great friend help friend

thank's to you also Bob and leanna and dwire and everybody,haventcoordinated a date yet ....sgbarracuda has a day in mind and I'm flexible except for the first saturday and sunday after that I'm free....I'm gonna try to have some sort of drawings and pic's to make it to where anybody helping can understand...i'll hopefully be getting some pics of the site and render up some sort of drawing from there
THIS IS AWSOME!!!sd340

Waggs, do you still live on Windsong? If so i still have your address. Check the codes for the city ADA regs. I just finished two ramps myself. No regs applicable here. Cost of one was $850 and the other was $975. Material and labor. Let me know on the address. I'm in even in hard times.
Small Block

Yepp I'm still on windsong st. I don't know how to check the reg.s for the city...just figured to do it by the ada reg's to be on the safe side..I was lookin at some other ones in my neighborhood and seen a diffrent railing system that will cut down the cost....that ought to help with the costs of the landings...bruces porch is 33 inches off the ground so were lookin at 33 foot at 1:12 pitch..do you get some kind of contractor pricing on the lumber?...we won't have a labor cost :cheers:
Waggs, do you still live on Windsong? If so i still have your address. Check the codes for the city ADA regs. I just finished two ramps myself. No regs applicable here. Cost of one was $850 and the other was $975. Material and labor. Let me know on the address. I'm in even in hard times.
Small Block

Great Idea....turns out i'm a regular customer there since I started rebuilding my home almost a year ago and the manager "Dave" knows me from back when I was racing figure eights and said he'll see what he can do.......so fingers crossed and a big thanks to you and everybody else and Roger that just sent a donation :) were gittin closer on this :cheers:
Try Habit for Humanity for the materials they have Resource stores all over and it would help 2 good causes
Here is the link for Florida stores

http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore_detail.aspx?place=88

-
Back