Incompetence Rant

-
I agree no one gives a squirrels behind about quality/integrity on the job. I just paid 3000 + for a paint job (stock white) on a 95 Mustang convert, no bodywork or anything too crazy, just wanted the hood blacked out ala 69 boss 302. They screwed up the black paint, had to spray it twice and it still isnt right. I asked them to paint the embossed mustang lettering (basically just have to fill in the letters) on rear valance black and it looks like a kindergardner did it. Runs all over the place, its like WTF! Its WHITE PAINT how hard can it be! Maaco could have given me an equivalent paint job for 200 bucks LOL

8) we are not ALL the stereotypical generation x'er. Everything I have is because I have worked for it....Including the duster. Ive had a job since I was old enough to have one. Worked at a gas station all through high school so that i could pay my bills and have any left over money to put into the duster project. Build it on my own for the most part....thanks to fabo tech support. Now im going to tech school so that I can make a better living for my family. Then again I was not raised like alot of kids around me were. I am by no means perfect but Lazy? absolutly not......but I understand were your coming from
I am glad you said something; I'm in the same boat with you. Of course, I understand that there are some in our generation are lazy as described, but also those of us who earned what we have! I've had a job since I was 15, and have never had anything paid for by anyone but myself. And I have plenty of friends in my age group who could say the same.

Just to add to this. I took my car back to the shop that screwed up the wheel alignment the first time because I wasn't paying for it again. I had them adjust the rear brakes before I took it over for a safety inspection while they had it on the hoist. After the inspection I was cruising around in my new pride and joy when I started hearing a clack clack clack sound from the back. I took the car home and jacked it up to investigate. I didn't get very far! The wheel nuts on both back wheels were finger F@*KING tight! even if I didn't get hurt or killed with those tires shoe horned in there it would have destroyed the rear quarter panel when a wheel came flying off. Needless to say I'll be stopping by today to loose it on someone.

Sorry to hear that 1969GTS. That could have been bad for you and every other innocient person around. I would go back also, just dont do anything you may regret later. I know people remember pain but cooler heads will always prevail. . Back to being screwed/overcharged/sht not done right dept, I took my car in to the local TK for front tires, I come back a couple hours later, I pay and get the key to pick up the car out in the back lot. To my suprise the trim rings are missing off the front AND the back, WTF. Drive my car to the front, go inside ask where they were and the guy goes right to the back and gets them. He knew right where they were. Smelled fishy to me. I'll never go back to TIRE KINGDOM.

I have quit job's because they did shoddy work and expected me to do things their way...no f..ing way I'll hit the highway bye bye! wow that rhymed LoL!

I certainly sympathize! You have every right to be upset. Like Waggin, my buddy here, I do everything myself and I try to give it my best. The truth is, poop happens on a regular basis! Some of those windshield and rear window moldings are a real pain to install and take off. I took every precaution and still chipped paint when I put on the windshield trim. I told my wife, "Well, it happened...now I don't have to worry about it anymore!" My Pro Streeter took some hits before it ever left the driveway. And about China....they have mixed capitalism with communism because they could provide really cheap labor. The greed of American business has totally changed the face of the Chinese worker. The greed of American business has caused the loss of so many jobs at home because they could get someone to do the work for $1.00 an hour. We have lost entire industries and labor usually gets the blame. The American businesses that import have been allowed to get junk produced at the Chinese price and bring it back to sell at the "made in the USA" price! There....I've had my rant!
Pat:munky2:

I certainly sympathize! You have every right to be upset. Like Waggin, my buddy here, I do everything myself and I try to give it my best. The truth is, poop happens on a regular basis! Some of those windshield and rear window moldings are a real pain to install and take off. I took every precaution and still chipped paint when I put on the windshield trim. I told my wife, "Well, it happened...now I don't have to worry about it anymore!" My Pro Streeter took some hits before it ever left the driveway. And about China....they have mixed capitalism with communism because they could provide really cheap labor. The greed of American business has totally changed the face of the Chinese worker. The greed of American business has caused the loss of so many jobs at home because they could get someone to do the work for $1.00 an hour. We have lost entire industries and labor usually gets the blame. The American businesses that import have been allowed to get junk produced at the Chinese price and bring it back to sell at the "made in the USA" price! There....I've had my rant!
Pat:munky2:

Well thought out and I couldn't agree more.

It all started with the Industrial Revolution. It makes me think of that 80's movie Maximum Overdrive where the machines take over the world while AC/DC's Who Made Who is playing in the background. After that the unions were part of the problem, they were trying to protect the workers(I think) with better pay and benifits and the powers that be took there stuff to a cheaper place. Plus this country thinks it has to help every other nation while thousands of people here have lost there homes and there are no jobs to speak of. Heck even the illegals are going back home. You hit it right on PFogal. Oh yeah one more thing about stuff made in the USA, most of it is junk anyway due to the greed factor. American Chopper comes to mind, made here, speciality product, but these guy are kind of hacks. Remember the Dixe Chopper bike? The rear was off like 1/2" to one side and they beat it straight with a MALLET. Yeah I want to pay top doller for that. Not to mention the Leno build when they beat the crap out of the crate that the front end was in. Just my morning rant.

I have refused to do jobs that I feel arent being done right.The problem with that is there is always someone who will do it.I dont care if I piss my boss off I am more concerned about the customer getting the job done right and to the best of my ability.

-
Back