Is my compressor shot?

-
Steve, the part with the colored bands on the new capacitor is a resistor. It is a safety device to discharge the capacitor when it is sitting. It won’t affect the operation at all, but it might keep you from getting zapped while you work on it. If you have ever been “bit” by a charged capacitor, you would think it is a great thing!

Ahhh cool, thanks! So no matter which to which?
Steve, the part with the colored bands on the new capacitor is a resistor. It is a safety device to discharge the capacitor when it is sitting. It won’t affect the operation at all, but it might keep you from getting zapped while you work on it. If you have ever been “bit” by a charged capacitor, you would think it is a great thing!

Very common for the valve to go bad. They wear out.
Air has to leak off compressor head in order for it to start and go through the recharge cycle.
Dirty filte isnt helping either.
The extra load is what likely took out the capacitor.

looks like all the great advice has you on the right track.

That is a bleeder resistor, Steve, not a diode. Just leave it it's for safety to be sure the cap is "dead"

Well, THANKS TO ALL! Fired up and wasnt building any pressure as a port on the pressure switch wasnt plugged off. Now all good! Kicked off at 135 and on at 105! Bingo! Mucho Gracias!

Resized_3550_source_(1).gif

Will bicycle.gif

@65Val , Dar heres parts #'s for fittings and intake filter. Also box for capacitor with pic of new. New one was smaller dimensionally, so I took the "slack" up inside the cover with cardboard.

20210315_221404.jpg

20210315_221420.jpg

20210315_201024.jpg

20210315_213004.jpg

20210315_200759.jpg

Trying to find gaskets for the pump part has been difficult. Its branded Husky, but made by CH. I'm hoping this has "fixed" it as there is now no psi pushing back on pump and essentially pressurizing the oil? I will know shortly lol. For $10 i should have bought a spare. Any suggestions for parts suppliers Larry?
steve, from your first post it sounds like it needs a head gasket,, mine bubbles there too but still runs.

Steve,, I know you already picked up some filters but here's mine. I repurposed the Cuda's old slightly rusty 14" air cleaner..opening at the bottom, cardboard shield keeps the bondo and grinding dust from falling on the filter. works!! :canada:

comp air filter 1.jpg

comp air filter 2.jpg

I used to draw the air from outside, plumbed a pipe through the wall and used a funnel with a coarse peanut sponge carved to fit inside. 50% of the noise was gone!

I put my compressor ( Worthington Type C ) in my furnace room and piped it out to my garage. No noise but my stereo system or TV .. Washer and dryer room above furnace room which when the wife was home laundry was on most of the time . She never complained.

Thanks Ken, I changed oil earlier(swapped to synthetic equivalent a few years ago)when the problems started. I hope the bad check valve was responsible for the oil leaks too.
You have one last step. Change your oil. SAE 30 . Great news you got it back on line.

I'll bet the bad check valve stressed the motor and blew your capacitor

-
Back