it went " poof" !!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I started the 65 273 cuda yesterday after sitting in the car shed all winter ( sheds are open on one side where a real garage has doors!!!).... started right up like usual, but the tack was bouncing around before it started, but after starting, then read steady and normal, I put the multi meter on the alt output stud, it was bouncing around and going nuts, new alt last fall....... ran 15 min and all of a sudden it went " poof" and died and would not start. fed up I went to supper.....

this morning I go out to look at it, the coil output wire was completely of and 1 plug wire off dist. huh!?????? put all back and everything is back to normal!!!!! must have been a coon or possum messing around under there last winter!!! Ha

darn critters are like me.... lack mechanical skills!!!!! ha

I took the steering column out of my dart one winter, and a possum took up residence. I feel your pain. You'd think they could do constructive work in there!

I had an 83 Gran Fury cop car that was all black and just warm enough over the winter months that the squirrels made a buffet of the spark plug wires while camping under the hood....

My '05 Ram sat two days and was eaten by a squirrel. Took the shop 2+ weeks to rewire as a new harness was is not available and used part searches came up empty.............

Attachments

• Squr2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 397
  • Squr1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 393
Had a co-worker 2 years ago, his wife's car sits all winter outside, (she is afraid to drive in bad weather), the mice ate the entire wiring harness under the hood.
Insurance company totaled the car.

Yup out here in the country it only takes a couple weeks for critters to start destroying stuff.

When Denver International Airport was first built people would come back from a trip and go to pick up their cars in long term parking only to find the Rabbits had munched on their wiring and the car wouldn't start...Not sure how they solved the problem.

Currently I am working on trying to revive a neighbor's John Deere 820 tractor. When I opened up the compartment where the batteries are I found some debris like something had been nesting there.

But what was really surprising was that they had clawed/chewed through the top of the batteries along the edge. I'll bet it was a real eye opener when they got a taste of what was inside!

At least they didn't chew on the wiring.

Read somewhere that modern wire is made with some soy in the insulation to enable more rapid decomposition when it goes to the landfill in the distant future. Any one know about that? Article claimed that's what attracts critters to insulation. Don't remember a problem with this, years ago. Can we thank the environmentalists for this?

I keep fabric softer inside the car, "real" rat bait all over, car shed, barn, crawl space of house, and throw moth balls all over the open (on one side) car shed........

sometime during the knight coons dig for grubs all over the yard , in front of barn, whatever was under there just loosened the dist and 1 plug wire. at least it wasn't a major f*** u* !!!!!!

I was already before that telling myself, I should take a bottle of advil, buy a case of boos, and advertise a couple of cars for sale!!!!!! get down to 2 cars and do them right, that is rebuild engines and trans, and finish them, instead of screwing around with my " collection" of poor man cars!! getting too old and wore out, plus not ever enough $$..... lol

The darn mud-daubers got in between hood and hood braces now every time I open the hood it rains mud all over motor little buggers

I had a cat take up residence in my moms motor overnight and when I started it up the next morning, the screech that cat made sounded like Satan was in the back seat calling for my soul. Still gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.

I had a cat take up residence in my moms motor overnight and when I started it up the next morning, the screech that cat made sounded like Satan was in the back seat calling for my soul. Still gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.
I had heard about this happening to people, but never actually met one to whom it happened. Thx for the giggles.

had that happen to my 80 Fleetwood , the car was only parked for an hour or so at a friends but it was February in Michigan , Fuzzy bugger lost most of his tail taking off my fan belt , It was too cold and I was too mad to follow the blood trail .

my 2002 ram sat sat parked by the house while i drove my cheap on gas civic. when i finally drove it seemed down on power and just felt odd checked everything and finally pulled air cleaner and found a bunch of leaves packed in bottom of the box. when i stuck my hand in to clean out leaves stuck my hand in a several dead baby squirrels. that was a weird feeling

Rodents have very accute sense of smell. They dont like the smell of moth balls. If you buy some moth balls or moth cakes and place them under the hood you will have no problems with these little pests during your storage period.

Ha ha, good stories if you can laugh about it now, but BOY that would piss me off.

One of my friends started his 280Z one morning and heard a weird thumping noise under the hood so he shut it off and opened the hood to find a big *** snake that looked like it went through a blender.
There was blood and guts everywhere.
We figured he was sleeping in the belts when the engine started.

I was visiting my parents out at their little farm and left my windows rolled down over night. Started my car up the next morning and drove about 30 miles to the next town. I was sitting at a busy intersection when all hell broke loose behind me! Wings were flapping, feathers were flying and something was screeching like a banshee right in my ears. A stupid chicken had gotten into the car and laid an egg in the back seat! I filled the air with karate chops trying to fend off whatever it was that was attacking me and it finally hopped out the window and started running around in circles in the middle of the intersection while cars were swerving wildly trying to avoid it. Just about gave me a heart attack. Dumb bird.

I was visiting my parents out at their little farm and left my windows rolled down over night. Started my car up the next morning and drove about 30 miles to the next town. I was sitting at a busy intersection when all hell broke loose behind me! Wings were flapping, feathers were flying and something was screeching like a banshee right in my ears. A stupid chicken had gotten into the car and laid an egg in the back seat! I filled the air with karate chops trying to fend off whatever it was that was attacking me and it finally hopped out the window and started running around in circles in the middle of the intersection while cars were swerving wildly trying to avoid it. Just about gave me a heart attack. Dumb bird.

big friggin rat trap ! or u could put it up on jack stands for the winter , and put moth balls in the base of the stands.

-
Back