Kinda negative experience with summit

-
Was the intake actually bolted onto the heads or just the gasket set on it with the bolts in it to line it up? Could be the gasket bolt holes are off and the actual ports line up when bolted to the heads. Could also be the intake bolt holes are off and need opened up to line the ports up.

Now that I'm off dad duty, I talked to John and he has already talked to Edelbrock today. It sounds like they want the intake sent back to them. Thanks to him for going out of his way for my problem. As far as the trick flow intake goes, I checked last week and they were out of stock. If this doesn't work out, boosted, I will buy that from you. It would be the experiment on my dime.

The point of this post was not mfing summit but just to an unusual experience with them. In the past I feel that this wouldn't have been an issue with an exchange. Maybe they are getting more strict on how they handle things or maybe I just got a rep who is a little different. Obviously I can return it but I just wanted an exchange in the hopes the next one from them would be good. Like boosted said it was probably a return because it came in a brown box and not the Edelbrock box like it should.

Small update on my end. Yesterday I called summit and asked the salesman why this intake was in a brown box. He told me they ship them as received from Edelbrock. Aaaa ok this is a first because I’ve bought a ton of Edelbrock stuff always shipped to my in a nice double layer Edelbrock box. My next call was to Heather at Edelbrock and I left a message. She worked with me one this same issue earlier this year. She returned my call this afternoon. I asked if they would ever ship anything in an unmarked brown box. Absolutely not we are proud of our packaging. She started the process at asked for Pats name, copy of the receipt, pictures of box intake came in, and pictures if possible. Here’s a few pictures. Ohhh wait I forgot. There was a summit racing sticker inside the stapled brown box. Hmmmmm

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

IMG_0214.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg

IMG_0216.jpeg

Last edited:
Small update on my end. Yesterday I called summit and asked the salesman why this intake was in a brown box. He told me they ship them as received from Edelbrock. Aaaa ok this is a first because I’ve bought a ton of Edelbrock stuff always shipped to my in a nice double layer Edelbrock box. My next call was to Heather at Edelbrock and I left a message. She worked with me one this same issue earlier this year. She returned my call this afternoon. I asked if they would ever ship anything in an unmarked brown box. Absolutely not we are proud of our packaging. She started the process at asked for Pats name, copy of the receipt, pictures of box intake came in, and pictures if possible. Here’s a few pictures. Ohhh wait I forgot. There was a summit racing sticker inside the stapled brown box. Hmmmmm

View attachment 1716161624

View attachment 1716161626

View attachment 1716161627

View attachment 1716161628

View attachment 1716161629

View attachment 1716161630

View attachment 1716161631

View attachment 1716161632

View attachment 1716161633
You can bet your hind end that was a return.

I guess I just don't understand this whole thing. You are not happy with a part, you call up Summit, they offer to accept a return and you appear to be upset. What is the difference between getting a return and then ordering another one and getting an "exchange"? Either way you get a different one. Telling you they'd do a return sounds like good customer service to me.

I remember a thread on here a while back where someone had bought something that wasnt up to "par". I think it was alum cyl head that may have been a return. I mentioned before they ship it back to write on it with a sharpie "return for credit" and circle the issue.
That MAY stop the temptation to resell it again.

I guess I just don't understand this whole thing. You are not happy with a part, you call up Summit, they offer to accept a return and you appear to be upset. What is the difference between getting a return and then ordering another one and getting an "exchange"? Either way you get a different one. Telling you they'd do a return sounds like good customer service to me.
....and calls people jackasses when he's the one on here crying like a baby because Summit wouldn't do exactly as his spoiled brat *** wanted. He needs a safe space. Maybe a pacifier. ....and a stuff animal. A safety blanket? Millennial much?

I remember a thread on here a while back where someone had bought something that wasnt up to "par". I think it was alum cyl head that may have been a return. I mentioned before they ship it back to write on it with a sharpie "return for credit" and circle the issue.

It's rarely temptation, and almost always a simple error or laziness on someone's part. It's still a good suggestion to mark up returns though. I would add that including a date isn't a bad idea either.

I can't even describe how many times I've found cores in boxes for starters, alternators, etc. Usually because someone assumed the box on the counter that looked new was still a new part when in reality the fella who just sold it clocked out for lunch and didn't tag the darn thing.

I bet that one was a return and was going to be sold as used or some such but it either got entered into the system as new or a newbie yanked the used part to pack the box and not a new one. Most younger warehouse workers barely know what an engine looks like, let alone a particular brand of speed parts.

Yep, good point with date/defective etc.
It's rarely temptation, and almost always a simple error or laziness on someone's part. It's still a good suggestion to mark up returns though. I would add that including a date isn't a bad idea either.

I can't even describe how many times I've found cores in boxes for starters, alternators, etc. Usually because someone assumed the box on the counter that looked new was still a new part when in reality the fella who just sold it clocked out for lunch and didn't tag the darn thing.

I bet that one was a return and was going to be sold as used or some such but it either got entered into the system as new or a newbie yanked the used part to pack the box and not a new one. Most younger warehouse workers barely know what an engine looks like, let alone a particular brand of speed parts.

I have had ONE time when Summit would not return something. RIGHT after I was hurt on the job I had to hire a machine shop to build an engine for me. I physically could not do it. I ordered an oil pan. It was a truck. Summit slipped up and sent a car pan. I already had the pickup off the old 318 engine there at the shop. rather than STOP because the pan wouldn't fit the engine with the pickup, they proceeded to get the whiz wheel out and cut the bejeezes out of my new oil pan to try to make it fit. They couldn't of course. Although I did call Summit and explain the whole shebang, I knew they would not do it, because while they shipped the wrong part, some dumbass hacked it all to pieces. They apologized profusely, but you know what? They sent me a 50 dollar gift card as good customer service. So how bout that? The rest of THAT story is a nightmare for another time.

....and calls people jackasses when he's the one on here crying like a baby because Summit wouldn't do exactly as his spoiled brat *** wanted. He needs a safe space. Maybe a pacifier. ....and a stuff animal. A safety blanket? Millennial much?
Um, spoiled? Dude I grew up from a very poor family. We were lucky to have food to eat and a place to live most of the time, I dropped out of school at a young age. I've busted my butt my entire life to have the stuff I do and I've done far more for people out of kindness than I will ever receive, I'm return. Spoiled, right.

The fact that I said what I did is because it's true. Every thread you post in you argue with people, or type things in ways to make people feel like idiots. I have been thinking that about you since I joined this board. Obviously you can do what you do because you are not face to face with the people you are replying to.

Um, spoiled? Dude I grew up from a very poor family. We were lucky to have food to eat and a place to live most of the time, I dropped out of school at a young age. I've busted my butt my entire life to have the stuff I do and I've done far more for people out of kindness than I will ever receive, I'm return. Spoiled, right.

The fact that I said what I did is because it's true. Every thread you post in you argue with people, or type things in ways to make people feel like idiots. I have been thinking that about you since I joined this board. Obviously you can do what you do because you are not face to face with the people you are replying to.
Translation: "Stop pickin on me! I need my safe space!" #triggered. BWHAHAHAHAHA!

I did that with a carburetor earlier this year. I got a 650 DP Brawler from Summit. Was going to put it on Vixen.....in fact, I did. No matter what I did it would not idle. It had a huge manifold vacuum leak. After a process of elimination, I determined it was an internal vacuum leak. I called them and they said to just fill out the return form and send it back, so I did. I also included a note with BIG sharpie writing that said it was defective with an internal vacuum leak and to please not put it back on the shelf. Then about two months after that, I ended up reordering that same carburetor. Again, I WAS going to put it on Vixen, but it eventually found its way on Gladys, my Ford truck and it's still on there and runs like a champ. The way I figure it is, if you return things like I did with a note letting them know, you're kinda lookin out for everybody. Nothin wrong with that.

Rusty if you knew Pat you would think differently. I met him and his friends I’m going to guess a couple of years ago when they bought a used CRT 727 transmission and converter from me. Since then I’ve gotten to know the group of 5-6 maybe more and stop by to see them when I get a chance. They park on the upper end of the track in the grass where they can have a nice fire, eat, have a few beers, socialize like good friends do, and race. They all have beautiful Mopars that they love and race when life and money permits it. Pat is probably the fastest of the bunch and runs 6.50’s-6.60’s and worked hard to get there. If I needed something they would be there to help. A word here or there got this post headed in the wrong direction. It happens. I would be upset to if I spent hard earned money on trash parts and got answers that we both got from Summit. The fact it was drop shipped here and Pat has never touched HIS intake makes it even harder for him. It’s been addressed and his being handled and another bad intake will be out of the system. Heather thanked me for calling and did so again on her email. They have 67 NEW Victor340’s on hand and in stock. I never personally met you Rusty but would probably enjoy doing so and if you were 1/2 as nice as Pat and his friends you would fit in well.

Rusty if you knew Pat you would think differently. I met him and his friends I’m going to guess a couple of years ago when they bought a used CRT 727 transmission and converter from me. Since then I’ve gotten to know the group of 5-6 maybe more and stop by to see them when I get a chance. They park on the upper end of the track in the grass where they can have a nice fire, eat, have a few beers, socialize like good friends do, and race. They all have beautiful Mopars that they love and race when life and money permits it. Pat is probably the fastest of the bunch and runs 6.50’s-6.60’s and worked hard to get there. If I needed something they would be there to help. A word here or there got this post headed in the wrong direction. It happens. I would be upset to if I spent hard earned money on trash parts and got answers that we both got from Summit. The fact it was drop shipped here and Pat has never touched HIS intake makes it even harder for him. It’s been addressed and his being handled and another bad intake will be out of the system. Heather thanked me for calling and did so again on her email. They have 67 NEW Victor340’s on hand and in stock. I never personally met you Rusty but would probably enjoy doing so and if you were 1/2 as nice as Pat and his friends you would fit in well.
Well, if I have made an error in judgment, I hope he will accept my apology. But I do believe he misconstrued my comments as smartass, when they were not. Granted, I pop off a lot but I was not this time and it appears he took it as such. I'm big enough to admit I am wrong if I am.

Well, if I have made an error in judgment, I hope he will accept my apology. But I do believe he misconstrued my comments as smartass, when they were not. Granted, I pop off a lot but I was not this time and it appears he took it as such. I'm big enough to admit I am wrong if I am.

Thanks Rusty and I’m telling you these guys are a fun bunch of Mopar loving guys that love doing the same things we do.

View attachment 1716161624

View attachment 1716161626

View attachment 1716161627

View attachment 1716161628

View attachment 1716161629

View attachment 1716161630

View attachment 1716161631

View attachment 1716161632

View attachment 1716161633
Wrong in so many ways

Thanks for the kind words John, and going above and beyond! And rust I am sorry myself. It is hard to judge people from behind a keyboard or cell phone.

Thanks for the kind words John, and going above and beyond! And rust I am sorry myself. It is hard to judge people from behind a keyboard or cell phone.
Don't sweat it man. It's all good. Thanks.

It's close.
Do not let it bother you guys, I have been called much worse than that on this
forum. Fortunately, the moderators usually remove it sooner or later.

It is easy to hide behind a Keyboard!
Not so easy to look a man in the face and call him names.

Do not let it bother you gentleman = Most everyone on here has
a lot of respect for you and the help you generously give people!

-
Back