Lakeeffect's 69 Valiant

-
Well I was set on the front plate delete until my dad found this.

I remember this plate on the front of his old enduro/cadet cars. I remember a Satellite he raced. My sister and i would be in the back of the truck going to the races yelling CHEVY EATER!

He's been cleaning out all his old race stuff. I was so pumped when he found this.

Now should i use it or Copy it too a new plate. My friends a pretty talented artist/tattooer he would love to do this.

I think this deserves a Hell ya :cheers:!

Hell Ya! Seriously I want one.

Hey there lake... I'm a fellow Erie member too! My dad owns this 69 roadrunner and we're always out in the summer... eventually looking to build an A-body myself... the coolest mopars were A-bodies! You have a solid start there!

Recognize us? Have we talked to ya before? lol.

100_1290.jpg

HemiZach I'm actually from Spartansburg PA, No one ever knows where that is so i say Erie. I don't think i have seen your Dads roadrunner before But i have not lived in the Erie area for a few years. I will be when i get home until i go to school so i hope i get a chance too!

lake effect. nice car. i love a post car. and that means yours too! i grew up in brookville, inside the belt. so i think your user name is cool! the pepper gray effect valiant is sharp, but the cowl hood has got to go! a 65 s/s hood would have looked way better. and wouldnt have been so heavy in the middle as to bend the hood. the grille looks awesome too. here is a pic of mine.

000_0397.jpg

If i could have any good i would have the Dart GTS style hood. I want a more "racey" Hood but still would like to keep the low key side. Nice Car A68!

Oh ya Brookvilles just on the other side of frankland right? Through "Radar" valley?
Or am i thinking barkeyville. Ether way that Radar Valley is a Awesome stretch of road. Its always fun to Drop The Hammer on. Never been pulled over ether ha!

my wife's family is from franklin. radar valley. now thats funny. brookville is between clarion and dubois on i-80. or from erie, go straight down rt.36.

OK gotcha i get them two mixed up......

but Here is something to Drool about

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUhiCpyUl4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUhiCpyUl4[/ame]

Same here 4mula , Don't you do some stuff with Fiberglass/carbon ? Been trying to find somone to make me a gauge cluster for my autometers

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. the suspension is cool too!!!!!

I was dithering about whether to make my Dart project a track or pro tourer. Think I'll stick to track and simply add adjustable shocks and sway bars.

Im thinking stock leafs and a floating axle with caltracks.
Adjustable strut rods are a good idea as well.
Nice suspension pieces come with way too high a price.

I have a Valaint too... Chas posted pics of it up, btw, how did ya get those?

l_a445f3f6190140dc91ba7dd3a423a577.jpg

i dont yet, but I can get some for ya 2 morrow Ill bring my camera in, the valiant is at my shop, basic set-up with the removable side bars, came in a 69 dart, cut it out and welded it in the valiant. And, yea it has a chevy cowl, but 10.70 STREET car, who cares right? haha!

Correct Heaven Fast is Fast. I would like to see the cage pics. I plan on doing a cage later. I have built a few but never to the extent i plan on with the Valiant. Plus Still making it street able.

Not the best pics, but the cage turned out pretty good, however, I put just sheet metal for the floorpans, so its alot more flat than the stock floors, but it's just metal. ha

Picture 098.jpg

Picture 099.jpg

Picture 100.jpg

Picture 101.jpg

Picture 102.jpg

hey heaven, i wasn't bashin your ride, in fact i love it. right car, right color, right drive train, what more could anyone need????? i do have one question though, did you make any passes before the cage went in? and how much did you gain afterwards? how much noticeable difference in performance was there? as we all know, cars do funny things under 11.0. i'm just curious.

Not the best pics, but the cage turned out pretty good, however, I put just sheet metal for the floorpans, so its alot more flat than the stock floors, but it's just metal. ha

abody heaven,that is one very beautiful Valiant!!Nice work!

Real cool Heaven!

Formula-I agree I suspect not too many of these things left. Production numbers were below 30k I think.

-
Back