Laysons robbed at Carlisle.

-
Pomona is like that, you show up at midnight to set up and pull an all nighter as there are other vendors constantly prowling around looking for starlight deals...sort of a B to B time. Most just throw a blanket over there displaqy stuff and hit the sack, gates open at 0500.

As it seems our bad luck has been posted to the world, I would like to chime in on response for all those that have supported us and have called or given support over the theft. The theft itself was done overnight sometime between 7pm and 7am Thursday into Friday morning of the 10th of July. This is the time when security was on sight (camera’s as well) after our setup and before the show event started on Friday. Cameras are at the show event and the authorities are reviewing the film and trying to get better pictures out of the film available to try to identify those that were around out tent between those hours. The theft represented about $8K of our product and looked to be somebody with a B-body.

I guess it is normal for today for some low class people to take shots at us when we are down – and that person that made such a statement about to report a false claim to collect insurance is more likely a thief himself as who thinks that way? NO – we are not wanting to deal with the authorities of all places Carlisle, PA based on the fiasco we had to deal with in 2008 – so we can put a claim in to collect insurance – that’s taking a cheap shot attempt. Our deductible is higher than that anyway so we did not even bother with a claim frankly.

Yet another cheap shot that just is not true at all - NO – we never take any money up front at shows if you are not walking out with it OR OVER THE PHONE if the parts are not shipping out that day. We bill the day of shipping – always have and always will. The person that made that comment must be thinking of Year One as they do that all the time and not sure how they get away with it frankly. Year One should have learned from the Paddock – remember them – they went bankrupt based on pre-billing of backorders and then when economy crashed in 2009/ 2010 many customers canceled the backorders – they spent the money already and could not refund – causing Paddock to file Chapter 7 status. Nobody in ANY industry should be billing you up front for parts not in stock and not shipping the next day.

We thank you again all those that called and even placed an order at the show to help us recover that loss from the show event. We have put new measures in place now that would surprise the next person who would attempt such a theft in our tent when our side curtains are up.

Dave Layson

I guess it is normal for today for some low class people to take shots at us when we are down
Have to remember...this is the internet....where folks will say things that they don't have the balls to say to someones face.
Sorry to see that you were the victim of a theft. Little bit of luck you may get the parts back....

If this keeps happenin, watch the amount of vendors at these shows go way down. I don't give a **** what your opinions is of Layson's, stealin is wrong and it's lower than a snake's belly.
Or lower than whale crap at the bottom of the ocean.

Purchased some front Parker lenses for the Dart from Laysons and one was bad discoloured sent some photos and David was good in sending a replacement on their dime which was great and I was rapped as I didn’t think they would respond . I cannot stand tea leaves (theifs) they need a good hiding, the old wog way !

As it seems our bad luck has been posted to the world, I would like to chime in on response for all those that have supported us and have called or given support over the theft. The theft itself was done overnight sometime between 7pm and 7am Thursday into Friday morning of the 10th of July. This is the time when security was on sight (camera’s as well) after our setup and before the show event started on Friday. Cameras are at the show event and the authorities are reviewing the film and trying to get better pictures out of the film available to try to identify those that were around out tent between those hours. The theft represented about $8K of our product and looked to be somebody with a B-body.

I guess it is normal for today for some low class people to take shots at us when we are down – and that person that made such a statement about to report a false claim to collect insurance is more likely a thief himself as who thinks that way? NO – we are not wanting to deal with the authorities of all places Carlisle, PA based on the fiasco we had to deal with in 2008 – so we can put a claim in to collect insurance – that’s taking a cheap shot attempt. Our deductible is higher than that anyway so we did not even bother with a claim frankly.

Yet another cheap shot that just is not true at all - NO – we never take any money up front at shows if you are not walking out with it OR OVER THE PHONE if the parts are not shipping out that day. We bill the day of shipping – always have and always will. The person that made that comment must be thinking of Year One as they do that all the time and not sure how they get away with it frankly. Year One should have learned from the Paddock – remember them – they went bankrupt based on pre-billing of backorders and then when economy crashed in 2009/ 2010 many customers canceled the backorders – they spent the money already and could not refund – causing Paddock to file Chapter 7 status. Nobody in ANY industry should be billing you up front for parts not in stock and not shipping the next day.

We thank you again all those that called and even placed an order at the show to help us recover that loss from the show event. We have put new measures in place now that would surprise the next person who would attempt such a theft in our tent when our side curtains are up.

Dave Layson

Dave-

SO sorry to hear that this happened to you. It is a bad deal for folks that work hard and try and make a fair living doing what they love only to have someone come and take what is not their's. I hope they capture this person and they pay dearly.

Here is hoping for a speedy recovery.

All The Best!

Kevin King

Dave-

SO sorry to hear that this happened to you. It is a bad deal for folks that work hard and try and make a fair living doing what they love only to have someone come and take what is not their's. I hope they capture this person and they pay dearly.

All The Best!

Kevin King

Oh no. Year One responded. I hope this doesn't mean we all get charged 100 bucks.

Dave-

SO sorry to hear that this
happened to you. It is a bad deal for folks that work hard and try and make a fair living doing what they love only to have someone come and take what is not their's. I hope they capture this person and they pay dearly.

All The Best!

Kevin King

Class act response ... and after being told that their business practices is something of a concern to others and just can't deduce how they get away with it.
Maybe because they have a honest and fair customer rapport? Don't know but they sure showed class with their response in my opinion.

-
Back