Let's see those trunks..

-

JoeSBP

RLTW!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We have all seen a well kept and detailed engine and engine bay. Well I'd like to see some trunks.
Looking for solutions to carry modern scissor jack, spare tire, tools, etc. I like original, but I also like resto-mod to increase the overall user-friendliness of a 50yr old car..Some things are pretty straightforward, but in a community this big, known for being resourceful(cheap:)) I'm sure there are some pretty clever mods out there

Here is mine.

image.jpeg

I know there isn't much thats sexy about an Abody trunk, but cleaning it up is a neccesary evil..

Might be hard to believe, but this is the first car I've ever owned that has a actual trunk!

:thumbsup:

Jeff

Dual batteries?

right side........ battery
left side.......... tool (hydralic jack, small tools) and electronic ( starter relay, balast resister, orange box) storage
spare well.......no air spare tire to get safely off the hyway

add it all up and what do you get?.....balanced (side to side) weight ballast in the rear
win / win

Last edited:
Put back mostly stock. Here is what it looked like a week ago. I have since gone back and added the spare tire board and plaid mat.

F221FA18-02A4-4ACA-980B-BD7904AC0A8E_zpsfvvbd6o3.jpg

7235BE33-5C9E-4F4F-88C2-236A825F634A_zpshs1dpuje.jpg

7EFECDFD-86DA-4D47-99E0-24CBC0EF4F16_zps01nk97d9.jpg

58327E09-18FB-4D8E-8E1B-8ACAE7C08CC1_zps5ilze1g6.jpg

here is mine and it's not done yet. I still have to sew up a filler tube cover.
I'm attaching a couple of industrial (think 2-3 inches widesized)Velcro strip to the hidden inside of the passengers side trunk floor section to hold my tool box/spare parts bin from sliding around. and of course the jack is hidden also to clean things up. I'm looking for a " doughnut" spare to fit into my well to keep the floor flat 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

gotta let the ID10T's know just what it is or it'll be called a falcon or some such thing
DSCF3584.JPG

Still have to get the filler tube to trunk seal and make the cover for the filler tube and flap.
DSCF3585.JPG

back side towards the trunk lock done and secured. Man I love using Velcro, it makes things so much easier.
DSCF3586.JPG

Dart-OldQtr.jpg
My trunk, from a different perspective than all yours.
I needed some sheetmetal with a slight bend in it.

This isn't mine. I believe it's another members but don't know who, I'll see if I can find the thread that I got it from. I wanna do something similar to this but I'm gonna run a 69-70 mustang tank with the filler in the tail panel so Ill have a flat floor instead of the spare tire well but it should end up very similar

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-
Back