Lets talk Autocross

-
That MATS course is so short and slow I'm thinking just some sway bars and I could be having some fun

Any recommendations on sway bar sizes I'm running 1.03 torsion bars up front some old stock leaf springs rear. I was looking at 1-1/8 Addco bar for the front maybe that E body adjustable rear bar shown above. That should make it ride like a truck. Not running any HP so just need this thing to corner nice and flat.

Do you have 67-72 style K-member or 73-76 style?

If 67-72 style, I would not go Addco. OR, only go Addco if you additionally buy the Energy sway bar adapters (p/n ES55134G or similar) and the 1 1/8 bushings to fit them.

Mopar-SwB.gif

ES55134G_lg.jpg

Compare total cost of decent brackets to Hellwig, Hotchkis, Firm Feel.

Do you have 67-72 style K-member or 73-76 style?

If 67-72 style, I would not go Addco. OR, only go Addco if you additionally buy the Energy sway bar adapters (p/n ES55134G or similar) and the 1 1/8 bushings to fit them.

Mopar-SwB.gif

ES55134G_lg.jpg

Compare total cost of decent brackets to Hellwig, Hotchkis, Firm Feel.

All drivetrain and suspension was swapped out of a 74 Valiant

I'm basically with Steve. I like the grease fittings in the sway bar bushings. I'd look at Firm Feel's first just because I know they have nice solid solutions for cars that did not come with sway bars. Then if you want to look at what the Hotckiss and Hellwig offer, you'll at least have a good product to compare with.

PS. The course speed might be slow, but your hands, brains and eyes will be in non-stop action!

I'm basically with Steve. I like the grease fittings in the sway bar bushings. I'd look at Firm Feel's first just because I know they have nice solid solutions for cars that did not come with sway bars. Then if you want to look at what the Hotckiss and Hellwig offer, you'll at least have a good product to compare with.

I do have the 73-76 tabs on the lower control arms in addition to the 73-76 spool mount k member. I mounted the brake caliper on the back side of spindle.

All drivetrain and suspension was swapped out of a 74 Valiant

Hmmm.... :scratch:

If you got a deal on used 1 1/8" front and rear sway bars would that save you extra money to come out to Spring Fling Speed Festival Thursday April 3rd ? :D

:burnout:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p5vVwjRkk"]2007 Mopar Speed Festival Montage - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe? :shock:

It's $180 less the cost of a pair of Front 1 1/8 and Rear Addco's through Summit. So the track day would only cost you $95 net. :poke:

We run ALL DAY 8am to 5pm with instructors that will ride in car with you and drive your car to give you pointers. And thier's only 40 cars or so. It's wide open. TONS of track time.

More info:

http://alltimeracing.com/spring-fling-speed-festival-viii-2014-thursday-april-3rd-wsir/

:tongue5:

I actually met and hung out a little with Tim up at Willow Springs when he was testing a while back. See thread below.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=256802

Love the Alltime flyer that's some funny **** but true true. Would they let the Mustang come up too along with the Dart or is it all Mopar?

Bring the Mustang. It's all good. We fill in the field with a mix of eclectic weird stuff (F40, 55 Chevy road racer, 68 Mustang yellow/black shelby T/A race clone, 69 Talladega clone....)

I believe this is the maroon one you saw.

Attachments

• IMG_9365.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_9366.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_4969.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 329
Now I want to go to MATS...Hopefully I can make it to Willows at Spring Fling. The struggles of being a college student. :banghead:

I believe this is the maroon one you saw.

Yep that was it, Both the early A's were awesome. Looked like the 65 maroon one was close to or a factory stock formula S and the 66 Gold one having the full Hotchkis system, the handling difference was amazing. Both were just outstanding examples of Early A's and the fact they were being driven hard was just so very cool to me. Both Barracudas got around the course very fast even with the difference in suspensions and limited tire they were using.

Did I mention my first car was a 66 Barracuda? They get me all excited!

The Federals are REALLY bad once you hit a slalom or any maneuvers that require sawing the wheel back and forth.

The Federals are REALLY bad once you hit a slalom or any maneuvers that require sawing the wheel back and forth.

I'll agree with you on that. Mine runs out of steam quick on slaloms. It's like going from power to manual while your zipping through the corners. The first poster asked about auto shifting. I shift from 1st to 2nd on straights but its in 1st most of the time, but that's with 3.55s and a slant 6. Sticky tires and good sways make a big difference. Also if your running a bench seat you'll find out very fast how much you really don't like it. lol.

-
Back