Lien/Hold on Dodge Dart 75

-
Wow what a punk. Like other have said, you might have to dip into the grey on this one and get creative.

DO NOT tell them where the car is and hide it in a garage. If they find out you have it and can get to it, it will be gone.
by all means necessary stuff it in a secured garage til you get it resolved...

IMO, that car wouldn't auction for more than $500.

You could play the storage deal as well. Tell them the car isn't worth $500 and that it's beat to snot. You may be willing to settle the lien for $150 and see what they say. I'd bet they have a deficiency clause in the judgment.

Like I say, any percentage of something is better than 100% of nothing!

As a joke, maybe you should apply for a plastic surgeons lic. and provide $3500+ in facial reconstruction to the jackwad that sold it too you! :)

If all else fails, sell it as a parts car with out the title or part it out to get as much of your money back as possible. If you part it out, you have a title with no lein on it so when it is down to being scrap sell it for scrap and move on.

i would still try to get the judge to set the lien asside. but if he won't, it being a collection company, they're used to getting less, a lot less. at best offer them 10%. don't tell them your address, don't leave the car out where they can find it. DO NOT GIVE THEM A BANK ACCOUNT # OR CREDIT CARD # after the "say" 10% is fine. CASH or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY AFTER you get a settlement in writing that they release all interest in the car

Don't give up the car if you don't have to.

Take parts off of it so it can't run like suggested above, maybe even the front seats and store them seperately from the car.

You could always buy a "parts car" with a title and transfer it over to the other one.

My dart also had a lien on it, i bought it without a title and took a chance. It was for a bank loan for an engine overhaul. I took the doors, fenders and hood off, also had it sitting on blocks. A rep from the bank came to look at it and promptly wrote off the debt. I now have a clean title in my name after the lost title process. Was 150$ and took a couple months. Good luck.

My dart also had a lien on it, i bought it without a title and took a chance. It was for a bank loan for an engine overhaul. I took the doors, fenders and hood off, also had it sitting on blocks. A rep from the bank came to look at it and promptly wrote off the debt. I now have a clean title in my name after the lost title process. Was 150$ and took a couple months. Good luck.

The Lienholder only is entitled to the Vin number. I would strip the car and sell the parts to get my money back. I would then call the lien holder and tell them to come and get their property out of your driveway and give them 3 days to comply or you will start charging them storage for it..

Agreed!! May have wanted to spray down them bolts and stuff anyways!! Geof

Well got a hold of lien holder, they will not negotiate hold on car. I tried reasoning with them and told them the situation. Supervisor says they cannot lower lien cause its from a criminal debt. So my options now are trying to locate individual and get my Money back and filing a police report as well, cause I decided I am not going to pay 1700 dollars for someone else's mistake. Cars is nice but not that nice for 3500. Lesson to all, be wary of a clean title these days, just cause it states it doesn't make it true. Also lien holder will not reposses the car, I told them to come and get it and charge the owner towing fees and storage fees. They don't want it!

Well got a hold of lien holder, they will not negotiate hold on car. I tried reasoning with them and told them the situation. Supervisor says they cannot lower lien cause its from a criminal debt. So my options now are trying to locate individual and get my Money back and filing a police report as well, cause I decided I am not going to pay 1700 dollars for someone else's mistake. Cars is nice but not that nice for 3500. Lesson to all, be wary of a clean title these days, just cause it states it doesn't make it true. Also lien holder will not reposses the car, I told them to come and get it and charge the owner towing fees and storage fees. They don't want it!

Register it out of state or junk it if you can't find the guy you bought it from so you can sue him. Obviously the court system means nothing to him.

Register it out of state.

The problem is by looking into this, the OP has already started to leave a "trail." Any check down the road that shows this up will lead right back to him

r junk it.

Prolly the best solution. I'd strip it to the bare body shell, take it out and burn it to a crisp, and then deliver it to the lien holder's door. Be sure to glue the clear title to their front door.

As I said before I would not take a loss on that car if I was you. You could possibly place your own towing & storage lien on the car for a dollar amount high enough to limit bidders including the previous lien holder. Then lien sale the car to get paperwork to take to MVD. There is a ton of companies that handle this type of transaction in California. I would imagin Arizona is no different. Couldn't hurt to call one of those companies and see if that would work to strip the previous criminal lien. there has to be a way, what would they do if they had the car and it only sold for $500. As others have said I would part it out before giving up on it. Sure bet the money you gave the previous owner is long gone already.

Pull out the engine and trans and sell that.Part out what you can.Cut the rest of it up and scap it....Thats what I would do! But I am sure this is not the best advise....LOL

If they won't come and get it, it sounds as if they are abandoning it. If they will not come and get it, get it in writing from them. Also, it sounds as if this must have been part of a judgement. See if you can talk to the judge.

Worst case, Part it out and get some of your money back.

I was in a similar situation with a Chebby Blazer. After alot of wasted time, effort and money I parted it and chopped the body up for scrap.

How long before the registration lapses and the car is "out of the system" at the motor vehicles dept ? If you really want to keep it , you may just want to store it for 7-10 years and let it be forgotten about .
In California it's 7 years before the car is out of the loop .
Can one even check the old 13 digit v.i.n.'s in Arizona ? Can't do so here .

If worse comes to worse , then parting it is going to be your best option . From what I can see it looks like some of the bitchy smog stuff is gone ; I'm not sure how smog checks work in Az.

Then why not get a good title for a 75 dart and vin plates and convert it over.

It's a waste to strip a car that clean if you don't have to.

Make the car "disappear" and then follow up on criminal charges on the guy that sold it to you. Get as many warrants out for him as you can and sooner or later he will get pulled over and the police will take him in. You can run for a little while, but you cannot hide forever in today's day and age...

Then why not get a good title for a 75 dart and vin plates and convert it over.

It's a waste to strip a car that clean if you don't have to.

Make the car "disappear" and then follow up on criminal charges on the guy that sold it to you. Get as many warrants out for him as you can and sooner or later he will get pulled over and the police will take him in. You can run for a little while, but you cannot hide forever in today's day and age...

So what you are telling the OP is to do a VIN and title swap to get himself thrown in jail for committing a crime, Nice recommendation.

-
Back