Looking for a decent creeper

-
That looked like the best to me from the research I've done. But I still haven't found a store or online source that actually carries them. That's why I said in my OP that I wondered if they are still in business. I can go to their website and see the product, but there is no option for ordering direct from them on the site. They give a list of their authorized retail outlets, but there is only one of them that actually shows "The Bone" products on their website. That one and only is Fastenall, and they want $350 for the basic model. If that's the norm for the creeper, I'll do without. I have an email in to the sales department directly at thebone.com We'll see what that brings.
Just give them a call or send an email

Have you seen the new Icon creeper at HF? Wider, better casters, supposed to be good for 400lbs.

37 in. 400 lb. Capacity Premium Creeper, Black

I haven’t used one, just saw it at the store the other day. Looked like a pretty significant upgrade compared to their standard one. I have one of the standard HF creepers I’ve had for a long time. Never had any issues with it really, but I’m more like 160 lbs.

Have you seen the new Icon creeper at HF? Wider, better casters, supposed to be good for 400lbs.

37 in. 400 lb. Capacity Premium Creeper, Black

I haven’t used one, just saw it at the store the other day. Looked like a pretty significant upgrade compared to their standard one. I have one of the standard HF creepers I’ve had for a long time. Never had any issues with it really, but I’m more like 160 lbs.
A creeper for fatties. I may need to go look at one. They have good reviews, too.

If you use your creeper very much you will eventually need some replacement wheels. Make sure you can buy replacements or your creeper may be a one and done deal.

Now that I have my Dart off the rotisserie, I'm looking for a good creeper. I've already had my bad experience with a cheap rig from one of the Chinese Super Cheap stores. I took it back and got a return because the casters wouldn't even swivel around after I laid down on it. I've looked online and found lots of options, but its hard to tell what works and what doesn't. Apperently "The Bone" is no longer manufactured; can't find one. What is your recommendation?

I gave up the search a long time ago and have settled on the Alabama creeper- aka a big piece of cardboard.

I have the HF creeper (looks just like post 21).

I've had it for over 10 years. Stored in an uninsulated high humidity building.

I'm almost 200 pounds.

No issues.

It's actually the best creeper I've ever had.

That looked like the best to me from the research I've done. But I still haven't found a store or online source that actually carries them. That's why I said in my OP that I wondered if they are still in business. I can go to their website and see the product, but there is no option for ordering direct from them on the site. They give a list of their authorized retail outlets, but there is only one of them that actually shows "The Bone" products on their website. That one and only is Fastenall, and they want $350 for the basic model. If that's the norm for the creeper, I'll do without. I have an email in to the sales department directly at thebone.com We'll see what that brings.
Well, apparently The Bone is in the bone yard....defunct. My email came back undeliverable. Their Facebook page has a New Years message from 2019 as their last post. Bit the dust, I guess.

Lisle Jeepers Creeper, I accidentally backed over one with a tri axle dump truck and it survived and is still in use!

I have a nice creeper but not a nice floor, I use a nice clean sheet of cardboard while my creeper sits idle in the corner :(

I'll tell you what....
Nothing says I've made the big time like a hunk of carpeting on the garage floor saved from a house recarpeting job.

Sometimes it makes me want to take a nap under there and it's warm in the winter too..

I'll tell you what....
Nothing says I've made the big time like a hunk of carpeting on the garage floor saved from a house recarpeting job.

Sometimes it makes me want to take a nap under there and it's warm in the winter too..
I have both carpet and cardboard, lol.
20190907_142706.jpg
20200613_165350.jpg

https://www.magiccreeper.com/
This thing works great. You can't get any closer to the ground, it moves in any direction, wipes off, rolls up so easy to store or take with you.
Nothing to break. No weight limit, no wheels or casters.
Mine cost me about $50 a few years ago.

Last edited:
-
Back