Looking for a Super 6 setup in CA

-
Watch out for the aluminum 2 bbl manifolds. Every one I've had leaked. I switched back to a cast iron manifold. I also gave up on the carter 2 bbl. I have a 2bbl weber off a pinto. ($25 junk yard and rebld kit was a few bucks more. I had to rejet it). I got the idea from the jeep guys. Mine is in a D150 w/ a 833 OD. Therefore there is no issue with an auto linkage. Give it a think.

phwx2 why did you give up on the carter? if you dont have a kickdown or all the linkage, why not just go with a cable setup? i forget what they cost, but the kickdown assemblies seem to go for a decent buck. i just put my supersix setup on last weekend. liek a jackass i neer checked the exhaust manifold i got from the volare for straightness. i opened up the outlet for th ebig exhaust and threw it on. the original 74 piece would have worked but the heat riser flap was stuck in the position to heat the intake. it made sense why it seemed to be getting vapor lock and pinging at full throttle when i saw that. i got it running and i have 2 leaks from the volare manifold that wont quit. its pretty warped you can actually see it if you look at the mounting surface while its on the car. of coarse i check my factory piece and it looks dead nuts flat. i freed up the flap but i have to repair the little stopper o nthe counterwieght, and open up the outlet and im going to put it on. the volare manifold looks like it was already surfaced its thinner than the intake where the washers go. i read of guys running 383 carter 2 brls too. too bad i chucked the fresh one i had. oh i took the volare throttle cable off but it doesnt fit the duster. the stocker worked. yeah its too long but it does work and doesnt bind at all.

I was looking for a progressive 2 bbl. The webber is a progressive 2 bbl. all my carter 2 bbls were worn out. Since the webbers came off pintos they only saw 50k before the car hit the junk yard so they were in good shape. Plus no one wants them so they were cheap. I couldn't get my truck out of the teens for milage with the carters and with the webber I was able to get into the low 20's (highway w/ OD).

-
Back