Looking to buy a Poly Kit in a few weeks....

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello,

So I've been shopping around for a bit and have decided that I want a full poly kit for my Barracuda.

I see that you guys don't have lower control arm poly bushings, any particular reason for that?

Would running rubber instead of poly on the lower control arm hinder handling?

Also, the difference between the 1967 kit and the other kit is just the shape of the idler arm right, to match the one year only pitman arm on the 67's?

Do these kits come with 11/16" tie rod ends and sleeves?

Also, do you guys carry leaf springs? I was looking for some nice handling, low sitting leafs. I hear 6 leaf springs are the way to go, how much would those run me? Or do you have any recommendations?

Will the 10% off still be available in a few weeks?

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate your time. Just trying to plan ahead a little, because the next few weeks I'm going to have to start dropping dime on some parts to get my car rolling so I can drop my motor in.

Thanks you kindly!

Polygraphite® Super Kit (Excluding 1967) 1962-74SKU:SPFEK00771ADescription:Most Super Kits Contain:
* 2 Upper Ball Joints
* 2 Lower Ball Joints
* 2 Strut Rod Bushings
* 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
* 2 Stabilizer Links (Bolt and sleeve type links only)
* 2 Inner Tie Rod Ends
* 1 Idler Arm
* 4 Polygraphite® Upper Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Polygraphite® Lower Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Polygraphite® Sway Bar Bushings (for most models)
* Control Arm Bumpers (for most models)
* 2 Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
* 4 Upper Cam and Bolt Kits

Polygraphite® Super Kit 1967SKU:SPFEK00771BDescription:Most Super Kits Contain:
* 2 Upper Ball Joints
* 2 Lower Ball Joints
* 2 Strut Rod Bushings
* 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
* 2 Stabilizer Links (Bolt and sleeve type links only)
* 2 Inner Tie Rod Ends
* 1 Idler Arm
* 4 Polygraphite® Upper Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Polygraphite® Lower Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Polygraphite® Sway Bar Bushings (for most models)
* Control Arm Bumpers (for most models)
* 2 Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
* 4 Upper Cam and Bolt Kits

Hello,

So I've been shopping around for a bit and have decided that I want a full poly kit for my Barracuda.

I see that you guys don't have lower control arm poly bushings, any particular reason for that?

Would running rubber instead of poly on the lower control arm hinder handling?

Also, the difference between the 1967 kit and the other kit is just the shape of the idler arm right, to match the one year only pitman arm on the 67's?

Do these kits come with 11/16" tie rod ends and sleeves?

Also, do you guys carry leaf springs? I was looking for some nice handling, low sitting leafs. I hear 6 leaf springs are the way to go, how much would those run me? Or do you have any recommendations?

Will the 10% off still be available in a few weeks?

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate your time. Just trying to plan ahead a little, because the next few weeks I'm going to have to start dropping dime on some parts to get my car rolling so I can drop my motor in.

Thanks you kindly!

Hi! We don't offer the lower Poly bushings because we found that customers were having issues with the lower bushings. I don't recall exactly what the issue was, but we do not recommend poly for the lower arms. We sell thousands of these kits with the rubber bushings - we make a very high quality rubber replacement and we feel that this kit is a great performance upgrade.

Yes, you're correct about the 1 year only idler arm on the '67.

For $29 extra, you can upgrade to 11/16" solid tie rod sleeves with the 11/16" tie rod ends!

We do carry leaf springs. We offer stock replacement leafs for $349 or high performance 1" lowered leafs for $399. These are 4 leafs and we believe this is the best option.

The 10% off special actually ended quite some time ago. However, the salesmen may be able to offer you some discounts depending on what you order.

Give us a call!

why exactly do you not recommend the poly lower control arm bushings?

Thanks PST! I will be calling you guys later this week, much appreciated!

DSC_1357.jpg

where exactly would a poly bushing slide out from?

on one side you have the pivot holding it in and on the other you have the lower control arm.

It would seem to me the rubber has more " wiggle room" then the poly

Just curious....

DSC_1357.jpg

where exactly would a poly bushing slide out from?

on one side you have the pivot holding it in and on the other you have the lower control arm.

It would seem to me the rubber has more " wiggle room" then the poly

Just curious....

Whose bushing is that? We don't make a poly lower bushing...

I bought poly bushings for my 67 Dart, haven't driven it yet. The LCA bushings I bought were from Energy Suspension. I had to buy new set of LCA pivot shafts which are larger in diameter ( americanmuscle.biz) to fit the poly bushings. I don't think a lot people know there is a difference when they do the change from rubber to poly, which could be the cause of the problem.

I bought poly bushings for my 67 Dart, haven't driven it yet. The LCA bushings I bought were from Energy Suspension. I had to buy new set of LCA pivot shafts which are larger in diameter ( americanmuscle.biz) to fit the poly bushings. I don't think a lot people know there is a difference when they do the change from rubber to poly, which could be the cause of the problem.

I noticed that in a thread somewhere. Poly bushings in the LCA's require a thicker LCA's pivot shaft. Maybe that's the cause of the problem with all these LCA poly bushings "walking".

Why don't they just make them the same size as the stock LCA pivot shafts? We may never know.... :D

if you get new shafts you dont have the problem -

If you use the old shaft you need to use the inner sleeve to keep the OD 's of the shaft the same

That was from Just Suspension -

if you get new shafts you dont have the problem -

If you use the old shaft you need to use the inner sleeve to keep the OD 's of the shaft the same

That was from Just Suspension -

Yes, that is what I had to do. And there are some LCA pins that have a egg shaped shoulder that will not work with poly LCA's. I think the egg shaped ones are more later model LCA. I had them on the 73-76 LCA's I got. But my 68 LCA's had the square shoulders.

The LCA pin in the middle is the egg shaped one that doesn't work with poly bushings. I polished the OD of the pin with a fine deburring wheel and buffer to see if it would prevent squeaks.

You can see the OD of the poly is ground down. Those didn't want to fit into my old rubber bushing sleeves in the LCA's. Was a total PITA. I think the thickness of the rubber bushing sleeve varies between manufacturer. So some fit better than others. I bet this is one of the reasons some places don't sell the poly LCA bushings. Too many install complaints.

LwrBshStrt.jpg

-
Back