Lost my old buddy

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

Yes I had to finally put my old Pal down Sunday night August 24. You'll never guess how old Butler actually was..20 or 21. No one is actually quite sure because he came along when he was fulling grown. One thing I'll always remember is this night Butler AKA Butt-Head was with me in my S-10 pick-up. This was when Butt-Head was in his frisky prime. We get bulled over by the cops. The cop comes up to the window....Butt-Head lunges across the seat going full bore at the cop...... RARARARARARARARARAR!!!! Butt-Head the 100 pound Doberman..in his dreams. Funny though as soon as he met you you were his buddy. A great dog. :)

Attachments

• Butler.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 297
Always tough to lose your four legged pal...condolences to you

Sorry to hear it! Sounds like he lived a long happy though...good for both of you!

BTDT... It's tough. It gets better, though.

My black lab/Shepard mix died about 5 years ago, at 17 years old. I decided not to get another dog. I get way too attached. We still have a cat that's been with us for some 13 years, now, and I'm dreading the day...
I've already decided that I will not replace her, either. Instead, I've decided to volunteer some time at the local SPCA in my county, and in the next county south of us. I can get some quality "pet time" that way.

Sorry for your loss, Richie.

BTDT... It's tough. It gets better, though.

My black lab/Shepard mix died about 5 years ago, at 17 years old. I decided not to get another dog. I get way too attached. We still have a cat that's been with us for some 13 years, now, and I'm dreading the day...
I've already decided that I will not replace her, either. Instead, I've decided to volunteer some time at the local SPCA in my county, and in the next county south of us. I can get some quality "pet time" that way.

Sorry for your loss, Richie.

I agree Frankie. These pets fill up a huge part of your life especially if you're single. The dog can run everywhere in your house he drives in the truck with you and is constantly by your side. When that all comes to an end one day it's a huge shock. I don't think I'll get another either.

R.I.P. Butler. 20 years is a long time for a dog, but not near long enough. Their little lives just aren't long enough, considering all the love they give.

sounds like he lead a long, good life. I feel sorry for those that never learn the love and d evotation a dog can give.
I live way out in the sticks. few years ago, my Australian sheppard ventured off one night, he never leaves but maybe he sniffed love in the air. someone poisoned him. I never attempted to find the villain. I was truly afraid what I would do......

While there's plenty of humans I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over their passing, I always hate to hear when someone loses a four legged family member.

R.I.P. Butler,

Sorry about your buddy, but remember the good times that make you laugh. Hopefully that will soften the loss.

R.I.P. Butler. 20 years is a long time for a dog, but not near long enough. Their little lives just aren't long enough, considering all the love they give.

While there's plenty of humans I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over their passing, I always hate to hear when someone loses a four legged family member.

R.I.P. Butler,

Totally agree with both of these!

Very sorry and he is in doggie heaven running around in his prime again!

Condolences, guy. Losing a friend/pet ,sucks. That unconditional love a pet gives,just is so awesome.

Sorry for your loss. We were away from home yesterday....could not wait to get home to our crew....

Keep him in your heart and he will never be totally gone.
Does anyone have a copy of the Rainbow Bridge they can post? It helped me last month when I lost my Missy!!

May he enjoy eternal drives in a Mopar with a trunk full of his favorite treats. :( I've had to put down my buddy a number of years ago. Spanky had the same Neapolitan complex and love for lunging across my s10 at officers as well.

May he enjoy eternal drives in a Mopar with a trunk full of his favorite treats. :( I've had to put down my buddy a number of years ago. Spanky had the same Neapolitan complex and love for lunging across my s10 at officers as well.

Thanks MoparDaddy. :)

-
Back