Man getting motivated is hard

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had my transmission almost ready to pull (30 more minutes) three days ago and I finally got my butt in the shop at 6pm tonight to actually pull it out. At almost 66 (tomorrow) I’m glad I can do it physically but mentally has been a challenge. I cut back walking to three days a week to give my knees some relief and now I’m up to 1.8 miles so
469875D1-2D65-4D11-9A1A-4FEA51061A92.jpeg
52826AA6-1F92-449C-B43A-0CA3E7198D6C.jpeg
I’ll hit my 2.2 mile target next week. My new Lift Stands worked great with the only issue being it wouldn’t clear the oil pan but I was able to tilt it on the jack and slide it out by the passenger door. Something I couldn’t do with the Kwik Lift.

I had my transmission almost ready to pull (30 more minutes) three days ago and I finally got my butt in the shop at 6pm tonight to actually pull it out. At almost 66 (tomorrow) I’m glad I can do it physically but mentally has been a challenge. I cut back walking to three days a week to give my knees some relief and now I’m up to 1.8 miles so View attachment 1715895218 View attachment 1715895219 I’ll hit my 2.2 mile target next week. My new Lift Stands worked great with the only issue being it wouldn’t clear the oil pan but I was able to tilt it on the jack and slide it out by the passenger door. Something I couldn’t do with the Kwik Lift.
Not too shabby at all. At 62 I'm very lucky to be as mobile and physically capable. I have friends that are not as fortunate. Some is just bad genetic luck. Others with some self infliction.

I guess in the end? Last man standing indeed wins?

P.S. Is that an Ultrabell trans?

Going to be 68 this year so I can completely understand your lack of motivation. Now the motivation is if I don't get my butt in gear I can't drive the car.

Not too shabby at all. At 62 I'm very lucky to be as mobile and physically capable. I have friends that are not as fortunate. Some is just bad genetic luck. Others with some self infliction.

I guess in the end? Last man standing indeed wins?

P.S. Is that an Ultrabell trans?

that’s a complete ATI transmission case and bellhousing (powerglide).

You youngsters. I'm 71.5, and I HEAR you. There are still some things I would like to do to my car, but the thought of crawling under the car, pulling engines, transmissions, suspension, etc. is daunting.

I want to say Happy Birthday early also.
I'm with you at 66, i have the want to's but it's hard to get motivated. Keep up the good work. Really like to hear about you and your sons racing.
Stay Strong

I'm 73 and things have gotten immensely more difficult. Be 74 in June. Round two of broken ribs is now 1 1/2 years behind, and they are STILL not 100%. This winter was tough. Not all that much snow all that deep, all that long, but the wx patterns generated a huge frozen -slippery- ice sheet in the back, and I can NOT risk another all. So I got almost nothing done.

My tool sheds are a hell of a mess. The ribs thing didn't help, as things piled up.

And I feel worse. I don't know why. Age? the first two vax? Lack of exercise? I have a nagging sore throat and sometimes kinda runny nose. Sometimes I fall asleep and take 1, 2, 3 hour naps. Wx FINALLY got up into the high 50's today and maybe the big 60 (F).

And unlike you, I don't have a shop LOLOL

I have a JW glide that I'm contemplating using in a 1000 HP Pro Street build. My concern is the "Street" part. And keeping this cool in its limited Street duties.

The trans has a tight converter at 3000 stall. (Engine is very big cube. 5200 RPM Optimal shift range. 6500 RPM redline)

Have you had any heat issues with your ATI cased PW?

trans side.jpg

Speaking from Experience = I can assure you gentlemen that you
will NOT LIKE your 70's and you will struggle thru them!

Then Again = I still beats the Alternative!

Speaking from Experience = I can assure you gentlemen that you
will NOT LIKE your 70's and you will struggle thru them!

Then Again = I still beats the Alternative!
Yeah. That's what I'm worried about. What good is strength if it melts down?

So far? Lenco appears to still be best compromise.

I’m there with you guys - I’m on a “Project” selling spree. Things I swore I’d get around to one day. Now I just want to simplify life and unload them.

I have a JW glide that I'm contemplating using in a 1000 HP Pro Street build. My concern is the "Street" part. And keeping this cool in its limited Street duties.

The trans has a tight converter at 3000 stall. (Engine is very big cube. 5200 RPM Optimal shift range. 6500 RPM redline)

Have you had any heat issues with your ATI cased PW?

View attachment 1715895252

Not really but it’s common to spike over 220 degrees on my transbrake with a 5800 stall converter. I have three complete ATI set-ups. A 1.98 low gear, a 1.80 low gear, and a 1.69 low gear set for my heads up car. It has an 8 clutch drum, 400.00 input shaft, and I bought Jason Digsby’s nitrous converter. I put a lot of time and money into that one.

Happy birthday! I know a lot of car guys prefer to work alone, but man, what I wouldn't give to have someone nearby I could help and do the physical work for. I just don't know of any Mopar guys near me. If you were in Arizona, I'd jump in my truck and lend a hand in a second.

Not really but it’s common to spike over 220 degrees on my transbrake with a 5800 stall converter. I have three complete ATI set-ups. A 1.98 low gear, a 1.80 low gear, and a 1.69 low gear set for my heads up car. It has an 8 clutch drum, 400.00 input shaft, and I bought Jason Digsby’s nitrous converter. I put a lot of time and money into that one.
I'm not too worried on strip use. It's street. If you've been driving about. And then had to sit at a light?

I know. You're thinking. "What the hell are you driving around in 1000+ HP on the street?"

I'm one of many that wants their cake and eat it too? Lol. But I understand that cake can go bad fast. Especially on street duties.

54342863-7EA6-4B4C-BB63-CC7F3766A891.jpeg
Happy birthday! I know a lot of car guys prefer to work alone, but man, what I wouldn't give to have someone nearby I could help and do the physical work for. I just don't know of any Mopar guys near me. If you were in Arizona, I'd jump in my truck and lend a hand in a second.
I’m lucky that I have my son. Started him young and now at 14 is quite the mechanic.

I’ve had offers from local friends to help but it’s like when I go for a walk. When I’m ready to go I go. I’m probably one of the most stubborn guys you will ever meet.

View attachment 1715895272
I’m lucky that I have my son. Started him young and now at 14 is quite the mechanic.

I enjoyed that too but life happens and they get older and move out. In my case out of state. Colorado and Ohio so with no one really local
That I would slide in the seat my racing future is questionable.

Happy birthday PBR.
I can relate to the lack of motivation, I'm just shy of 59 years, so a little younger than you and several others here. I find that by the time I get home from work I have zero ambition to do anything, then the weekend comes, my wife wants to do something or go somewhere, it doesn't take a lot to convince me to go along, plus I like to visit my mother when I get a chance. Just seems like the older I get, the faster time goes by. The irony is that now that I have the big garage, and the hoist, all the tools and equipment, I don't have the desire.

I'm 40 and you older guys are what motivates me. I see you building and busting your knuckles well into your 70s, and it gives me hope that this party won't end anytime soon. I'm thankful for the car community. Lots of knowledge to be learned.

-
Back