Man neighbors suck sometimes. Opinions?

-
Put up the wall between you and your imposing neighbors and reinforce it at every opportunity. People like them only will encroach further at every chance they get.

One warning and then go nuclear. If they don't realize you are serious about the limits out of the gate, you will never push them back without even more hassle than having done it in the first place.

Pits are the best. Just be glad its not a lhasa apso. Those are the fricken dogs that will bite you.

M neighbor rakes his cement dog run at 10:30 at night, and its right under our window. He's raking dog ****, and that stuff reeks as well as the piss it on top of. Who kennels dogs on cement? Drags his trash cans to the street at about 11 PM on trash eve too, then he mows his lawn at 0730 on Sunday morning. Seems someone drops off their foster kids there at about 0200 and they dont give a **** either talking at full volume in the driveway thats about 8 feet from our front bedroom window. Come to think of it, that guys a real dick! Other neighbor is a saint. Always says hi when I see him on my way to work, sometimes he even edges my driveway as he's got the ultimate set of garden tools. New neighbor in the rear extended our common 5" wall up 2 feet with redwood lattice on his own, nice! Heck, I was going to suggest it and go in halves on it. :thumbsup:

I speak from experience. Been bit 2 times in my life. Both times, by my Aunts lhaso apsos.
3X: Afghan, Retriever, and a Pit. The pit almost dragged me off a pole before I hosed him with dog spray, just about took the heal off my boot. I emptied the new can on him, I was pissed...so was he!

What if the question had been:

"Girl neighbors suck sometimes. Opinions?"

I could relate to that.
my neighbors are probably saying something like that about me.

I can already hear "that weird chick moved next door and tore down one fence to access the backyard with a big *** trailer and put up another fence to partially hide a bunch of piece of crap cars.
She also tore down an old shed and put two cats on patrol to get rid of the mouse problem, dang I ain't seen no mouse in a solid two months" :) :)

Seriously, I am sure not everyone likes our old cars

View attachment 1715104674

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

Last edited:
Screw those pedos. 14 wtf aiy no state that low on consentual. 17 in some 16 very few no ******* way. I'd make their life as much hell as possible. My kids do some pedo ****, disowned. I wouldn't abide by or condone it at all. Willing or not it's not cool.
As for the dog, u can't blame a pit or staffordshire terrier for a bad rep. If it were a poodle I wouldn't let it come close, that also goes for chows. Chihahua are small but also aggressive. Id worry more about those than a "pit".
Get em off your block.

I would personally be honest with him / them. I'd tell them that although I love dogs, there are laws in place. And God forbid the"nice" pitty ever does anything, they will be accountable. Then reinstate how I don't want their dog in my yard. If it turned to a pissing match, I'd call the bylaw in on them.

P.S. I love dogs and I know many pitbulls. So the breed does not bother me. But dogs are dogs.

He can try that. And it is a wonderful approach with someone who is on an even-keel. Sounds like his neighbor definitely does not fit this profile. The whole "respect" tattoo kinds screams that.

irresponsible dog owner there.. i understand dogs can get loose (i have three) but to openly allow it is a poor dog owner.

first thing to do is talk to the guy. gotta start here... if that doesn't work call animal control.. they should get find over it. if that doesn't work call the police and document it all..

had a similar issue here.. neighbor's dog shows up in my yard.. ok its an ok dog. not trained very well but not a mean or viscous dog. neighbor is calling it so i walk to the fence and hand her over.. over the next few months the damn dog was over for hours a day.. then started digging and shitting all over my yard.. had animal control come get her numerous times.. had them talk to the owner.. then things turned ugly.. neighbors kids got int it with jamie and another neighbor... ended uo in court.. obviously the loser kids knew the system and we were in court a bunch of times which is ridiculous but thats another story.. in the end i had the police reports from a 2 year period and had the dog on camera numerous times that was showed tot he judge. she ended up getting a $500 fine. i have only seen the dog get out like twice since.. the second time i called the cops and asked them to talk to the dogs owner and tell them that this time i'm not pushing the issue but if i see the dog in my yard again we will start with complaints all over again..

personally i think it was the lazy kids that would just open the door and let the dog out.. the parents seemed to put the dog on a lead. been good for a long time now.. that $500 it cost her did the trick..

as far as that son goes.. 30 year old messing around with a 14 year old? bullet needs to be put in that guys head..

My present domicile has no fence at all ... it's a ten foot wall that surrounds a 360 degree circle of the property:

View attachment 1715104667

That's one way around the problem..... What I have learned though is that disrespectful people always find a way to be annoying. And it only takes one to shake a nice neighborhood up. Stack a true slumlord in with a disrespectful person and you have the chemistry that can leave lasting memories....

As for those who think Mr. Pitbull is a sweet dog wait until it clamps on you or a loved one. I will take my chances with a Jack Russell Terrior.

To the OP, call animal control. Anonymity is not a problem but expect them to find something else to annoy people. As for the son in prison, nothing smells of horrendous parenting better than mom or dad looking for a sympathy card because they forgot to teach their son the value of freedom and basic decision making to live a good life....

JW

I disagree w rusty, taking someones pet and dumping them is not just plain wrong its cruel. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle this situation. Your wanting to handle this low key i presume? If so, If the dog is wandering around, and we all know pitbulls have gotten a nasty reputation for mauling people, i wouldent mention anything to the neighbor about it at all. Just call animal control anonymously about it and have the dog hauled off. When they show up the owner might just be home, and they as the authority figures can school the owner on the leash laws, and give him a fine for not keeping his dog corraled or on a leash. They may even give him a court date if it continues and he keeps getting ticketed for this.

By doing this anonamously, it keeps you out of the spotlight. If you say something, and then call animal control, he's gonna have a clue that it might be you who made the call. If where you live you have multiple neighbors, it could be anybody living on your street that could have called.

Let the city handle it, with a nudge by your phone call. It keeps you out of the spotlight, and prevents friction with these people later on. If asked by them after animal control picks the dog up if you were the caller. Just say "not me, theres a whole block full of neighbors here, it could have been anybody".

If your neighbor knows its you, sometimes people can tend to get very nasty, even if they are in the wrong. Vandalizing property etc. Eliminating one headache, and opening a larger can of worms.

I had a neighbor that lived in a rent house behind me. He was a Texas State trooper. Friendly enough guy. He had this german shepard / wolf mix thing for a pet. Id go cutting my grass along the fence line, load trash in the dumpster in the alley, or work in my driveway thats alley accessable, and this damn thing would growl, bark, and constantly jump at the fence, which was pretty rickety. One day i talked to the guy, and i told him straight up in a nice calm, matter of fact tone, "You better hope that thing your keeping as a pet never clears that fence and attacks me. Because i will shoot it and kill it, then i will sue you". 6 months later he moved. However this is Texas, he was a police officer, and knew the laws, he also knew i am a concealed carry holder, and have every right to use that weapon in that type of situation. Even if it meant discharging it in the city limits.

Your case is different, your dealing with from what i can tell a (criminal element) the dad with his prison tat "respect" on his neck, trying to justify his 30 year old sons statutory rape charge of a 14 year old. These people have a different mindset all together. As such the situation needs to be handled differently.

I hope it all turns out ok for you.

Last edited:
I had asshole neighbors before,bright lights shining in my bedroom window (went and replaced bulb with a burned out one multiple times)
A dog chained and constant barking
Family that would honk horn when picking up kids, the list goes on.
Other one was a punk that would blast music at all hours of the night. Stealing stuff from my yard

Same method seemed to work on both sides, put straight pipe on lawn tractor and cut grass,wot at 8:00 sunday mornings. Very slowly by both property lines. Loud and obnoxious and within my legal limits.

A weapon is used as a last resort. Don't use it as a point to a discussion. If you have it on you EXPECT the situation to escalate significantly. Perhaps beyond control. Next time the dog is loose go talk to the neighbor. Tell him the simple facts...you do not want to see the dog loose because it's your right to feel safe, you believe your family is at risk and as a good neighbor you watch his back as you hope he watches yours. If dog is loose after that call animal control. Tell him animal control is on the way. The next time after that don't give him any advance warning.

I'm not holding the dog responsible no matter what breed it is! I was bitten by a Chow, which to me is a very beligerant breed! I hold the owner responsible, which is why I say to set the ground rules immedietly, for dog and owner! If you happen to be holstering your weapon when the conversation goes down, that may be all you need!! My dog is always on lead when she's out, and everybody in my neighborhood knows her, both good and bad! If they knew what a baby she really is, some may think different about the way they approach her! However, she talks a big talk, which is fine with me because it keeps people in their place, which is not on my property!! Only my close neighbors come into my yard, because she knows them, and they know her!

IMG_1757.JPG

image.jpeg

You don't have to worry about dogs if yours is the biggest one in the neighborhood. People and their dogs will avoid you. Meet Bela Lugosi. 122 pounds.

my neighbors are probably saying something like that about me.

I can already hear "that weird chick moved next door and tore down one fence to access the backyard with a big *** trailer and put up another fence to partially hide a bunch of piece of crap cars.
She also tore down an old shed and put two cats on patrol to get rid of the mouse problem, dang I ain't seen no mouse in a solid two months" :) :)

Seriously, I am sure not everyone likes our old cars

View attachment 1715104674

View attachment 1715104675

View attachment 1715104676

View attachment 1715104677

View attachment 1715104678

Being the nice guy that i am,I will help you tidy your property up by taking that old dart away for you!

Unfortunately neighbours are people you have to live with.
A confrontation never works ... easiest is to try and get along even though that's the
last thing you want to do.

The best (all) neighbors live at least 10 miles away. My life has always been this way.

Last fall I moved to Tx to be with the love of my life. We live 5 miles out of a small town on 5 ac. . Neighbor to the West live on 10 ac with her 2 grown sons and some pit bulls, which came on our property and killed my 2 min. dachunds. long story, but they basically don't care. they put up a fence and I have not found their dog off their property since, although it can get thru.

MY desire is to kill that dog. Tx has pretty strict laws against such. But, only reason I have not done so anyway, is we have 2 cow dogs and these "neighbors" would no doubt poison ours to get back.

When my wife retires in 2 years, we will sell out and MOVE. Yep, NO neighbors within 10 miles. All stray dogs bigger than my dogs will get shot. Sorry.

How is it good treatment to let a dog just roam free? If you love your animals, you control them. That dog could just as easily get hit, shot, killed by another animal......who knows? They don't deserve to own an animal.

I disagree w rusty, taking someones pet and dumping them is not just plain wrong its cruel. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle this situation. Your wanting to handle this low key i presume? If so, If the dog is wandering around, and we all know pitbulls have gotten a nasty reputation for mauling people, i wouldent mention anything to the neighbor about it at all. Just call animal control anonymously about it and have the dog hauled off. When they show up the owner might just be home, and they as the authority figures can school the owner on the leash laws, and give him a fine for not keeping his dog corraled or on a leash. They may even give him a court date if it continues and he keeps getting ticketed for this.

By doing this anonamously, it keeps you out of the spotlight. If you say something, and then call animal control, he's gonna have a clue that it might be you who made the call. If where you live you have multiple neighbors, it could be anybody living on your street that could have called.

Let the city handle it, with a nudge by your phone call. It keeps you out of the spotlight, and prevents friction with these people later on. If asked by them after animal control picks the dog up if you were the caller. Just say "not me, theres a whole block full of neighbors here, it could have been anybody".

If your neighbor knows its you, sometimes people can tend to get very nasty, even if they are in the wrong. Vandalizing property etc. Eliminating one headache, and opening a larger can of worms.

I had a neighbor that lived in a rent house behind me. He was a Texas State trooper. Friendly enough guy. He had this german shepard / wolf mix thing for a pet. Id go cutting my grass along the fence line, load trash in the dumpster in the alley, or work in my driveway thats alley accessable, and this damn thing would growl, bark, and constantly jump at the fence, which was pretty rickety. One day i talked to the guy, and i told him straight up in a nice calm, matter of fact tone, "You better hope that thing your keeping as a pet never clears that fence and attacks me. Because i will shoot it and kill it, then i will sue you". 6 months later he moved. However this is Texas, he was a police officer, and knew the laws, he also knew i am a concealed carry holder, and have every right to use that weapon in that type of situation. Even if it meant discharging it in the city limits.

Your case is different, your dealing with from what i can tell a (criminal element) the dad with his prison tat "respect" on his neck, trying to justify his 30 year old sons statutory rape charge of a 14 year old. These people have a different mindset all together. As such the situation needs to be handled differently.

I hope it all turns out ok for you.

And that's how it should be. I've had several county sheriff deputys tell me to just shoot stray dogs in my yard.....but make sure I kill them and bury them. Then they turn around and say "you didn't hear that from me". Fact is, most cities and counties are stretch way too thin to have to worry about stupid animal woes. Our county is almost 400 square miles. Our county animal control has 4 people on staff. LOL

The best (all) neighbors live at least 10 miles away. My life has always been this way.

Last fall I moved to Tx to be with the love of my life. We live 5 miles out of a small town on 5 ac. . Neighbor to the West live on 10 ac with her 2 grown sons and some pit bulls, which came on our property and killed my 2 min. dachunds. long story, but they basically don't care. they put up a fence and I have not found their dog off their property since, although it can get thru.

MY desire is to kill that dog. Tx has pretty strict laws against such. But, only reason I have not done so anyway, is we have 2 cow dogs and these "neighbors" would no doubt poison ours to get back.

When my wife retires in 2 years, we will sell out and MOVE. Yep, NO neighbors within 10 miles. All stray dogs bigger than my dogs will get shot. Sorry.

I as a rule generally don't talk to neighbors, and mind my own business hoping they do the same.
So awhile back a house went up for sale across the street, and the first day they are there I see a large pit-bull in my front yard.
I step out the door with my friend's Mr.Smith and Mr.Wesson and the people are outside in their front yard.
The dog seemed fine, wagging his tail and lowering his head as he approached me, so I perceive no threat from him.
I ask, "HEY, is this your dog?" and the guy replies "Yea, he's fine."
I said "Uh, actually your dog in my yard isn't fine" so he calls the dog and it goes back across the street.
I personally HATE that (your property is community property mentality) and won't put up with it, or the next thing you know someone's kids are playing in your cars.
A week or so later the guy tells me the dog actually belongs to his son who is currently in prison and is getting out soon so I should meet him.
I told the guy I didn't have any interest in meeting his son, and he says his son didn't really do anything wrong but the way the laws are he got shafted and went to prison.
Stupid me I asked what happened and he say's it was consensual and the girl was not actually a child but 14.
It was obviously going to be pointless to mention 14 isn't consensual.

At that point I'm biting my tongue, because it's becoming real obvious that the Dad see's things the same way the Son did that got him put in prison.
Turns out the Son was put in prison for statutory rape of a minor, and he's in his early 30's.
Of course before all this we got a flyer on our door about a sexual offender living across the street, and I think the Dad wanted to try and explain to the neighbors why.

Anyway, it turns out the guy is one of those people I don't want **** to do with anyway, and besides the whole prison thing I chalk that up to me being somewhat like Eastwood in Gran Torino.
(leave me and mine alone and mind your own damn business)

To the point of this post, they let the pit wander the local neighborhood unattended.
We do have leash laws, but they ignore that completely saying "He's a good dog."

I try to mind my own damn business just as I ask of others, but you see where my dilemma is on the dog being anywhere at any given time around the house and yard, cars and family including two year old twin Grand kids.
Our back yard is fenced, but the front where our cars are is not.
I don't want to report them really, possibly adding to the problems the guy already has, but dammit it's a loose pit for one, on my property at any given time for another, AND there is a law about loose animals.

What would you do?
If I go and try to explain the concerns to him he'll come off with some attitude and excuse why it's fine and I'll end up going to jail for knocking his *** out. (I hear his attitude all the time, and it's definitely a prison attitude) and he is one of those puffy chested ignorant little pricks with Respect tattooed on his neck.
The Dog didn't do anything wrong but just be a normal acting friendly dog.
Calling and reporting it would probably just end up being an everlasting fiasco with the Father and Son both since they both seem to think the same way.

Opinions?
I have a suggestion....

Call a Pit Bull rescue organization near you and tell them about the dog. Tell them it's a nice dog, but runs free all the time and you think it's being mistreated.

I can almost guarantee that someone will swoop up the dog and find a new home for it.

I've dealt with dog rescue organizations before. The people involved can be very aggressive about getting the dog off the street and into a home where it will be taken care of.

How is it good treatment to let a dog just roam free? If you love your animals, you control them. That dog could just as easily get hit, shot, killed by another animal......who knows? They don't deserve to own an animal.
I agree with your sentiments, however its not your place to take those matters into your own hands. Well maybe in your neighborhood it is, based on your talks with the local constabulatory where you live, however that may not be the same case where trailbeast lives, and following your advice which might work in your area, might open a bigger problem where he lives. Let animal control handle it.

Last edited:
-
Back