Massive oil leaks.

-
I don't run a PCV. 410 stroker with a 200 hit of NOS. I never popped my gaskets and I have ran it with 1 breather as well.

Figured you wouldn't check anything. I have never heard of anyone who would continue to drive their car with oil leaking everywhere all over the headers in the wheels under the car and all over the place. It did not get like that in 10 seconds it took some effort. I bet it looked like a choo choo train going down the road and smelled like an oil refnary and you just kept going like the energizer bunny. The problem is installation & operator error if I've ever seen it. :violent1:

You would rather throw someone under a bus than actually figure out what it is. :wack:

Louis is on a roll!

I was gonna do my 540 with just 2 breathers on the VCs and the 5/8" tubes dangling down by the headers. Have a vac pump on it now cause that's what the KOS 499 had and I am using the same motor plate. We'll see soon how it works out.

And so you know, $13K isn't a sh*tload of moolah for a custom BB build. About nominal IMO. And... That is/was a very nice looking engine bay and a cool looking Coronet. :glasses7:

For some reason only a few of you fine subscribers want to believe this is a crank case ventilation issue. This was identified early on in the thread and now I have confirmed it. I am not turning one single wrench on a brand new $13k build. PCV installed and the is breathing properly and all leaks have subsided. Damage done and thread closed.

=wazoo64;I've been called worse too. I wrench on a quite a bit but paid a ton of $$$ for this build and if and when it gets right then I will run ya and if the big block loses I will run ya with my small block.

So it is all fixed now? How about meeting me at Bridge Street in Hemet this weekend? And bring both of your cars with you!

Interesting that this is all it took. If it doesn't suck oil thru the PCV then I guess you are done.

For some reason only a few of you fine subscribers want to believe this is a crank case ventilation issue. This was identified early on in the thread and now I have confirmed it. I am not turning one single wrench on a brand new $13k build. PCV installed and the is breathing properly and all leaks have subsided. Damage done and thread closed.

It's not about what we believe. It's about us trying to make damn SURE that you diagnose it correctly. You're honestly being really bullheaded toward people who are simply trying to help you after YOU ASKED. Nobody's getting paid to throw you free advice. We're choosing to help you of our own accord. I think I would be a little more thankful and have a little less attitude. You have a lot of money in that mill. I would think you would welcome any and all opinions as to what it might be. Kinda stupid to ignore good advice, even if you may think it's not right. No harm in checking out every single thing.

Lastly, I really don't give a **** about your car. At least not anymore. I don't think anybody else does either. I'm not gonna say "I hope you find the problem, blah blah blah, because I don't care. All Lewis did was tell the truth about how you were handling it up to that point and you turned on him like a rabid dog calling him a jackass. In the response quoted from you above, you're still being flippant to everyone. So I say let you drown in your oil leak. I'm done.

I'm relatively new here and not as polished on big blocks, with that being said I will share my personal experience. I built a 340 that had 90lbs of oil pressure at idle and all was great for 30 minutes and then oil began dripping until a full stream appeared underneath the car. I inspected everything and replaced the rear main seal. I still had the leak. I repeated this for 3 main seals and rear bearing inspections. It turned out to be the plug at the rear of the camshaft. I had used one of the brass freeze plug kits and used the plug that came with them. The leak was pouring out and down the block and appearing to be a rear main seal leaking. I found it by being under the car with it running and a super bright light. The camshaft bumped the plug just enough to loosen it. I replaced it with a mopar camshaft plug that is made differently to prevent this and all was well. I had a massive oil leak however that made a mess everywhere. Not sure of the plug on big blocks but hope this gives you another area to look at.

I'm relatively new here and not as polished on big blocks, with that being said I will share my personal experience. I built a 340 that had 90lbs of oil pressure at idle and all was great for 30 minutes and then oil began dripping until a full stream appeared underneath the car. I inspected everything and replaced the rear main seal. I still had the leak. I repeated this for 3 main seals and rear bearing inspections. It turned out to be the plug at the rear of the camshaft. I had used one of the brass freeze plug kits and used the plug that came with them. The leak was pouring out and down the block and appearing to be a rear main seal leaking. I found it by being under the car with it running and a super bright light. The camshaft bumped the plug just enough to loosen it. I replaced it with a mopar camshaft plug that is made differently to prevent this and all was well. I had a massive oil leak however that made a mess everywhere. Not sure of the plug on big blocks but hope this gives you another area to look at.

Had the same problem when I was priming my motor. Seems like this guy fixed his problem though.

Since your new here though DO NOT post like this guy did. If you have a problem and think you know the cause and solution then fix it yourself. Do not make a useless thread like this where you diagnose it and fix it after making a fool out of yourself.

Had the same problem when I was priming my motor. Seems like this guy fixed his problem though.

Since your new here though DO NOT post like this guy did. If you have a problem and think you know the cause and solution then fix it yourself. Do not make a useless thread like this where you diagnose it and fix it after making a fool out of yourself.

No kidding, whats even the point? people are here to help because they are willing to. Every once and a while there are threads like this, they usually only end up pissing good helpful people off...

It's not about what we believe. It's about us trying to make damn SURE that you diagnose it correctly. You're honestly being really bullheaded toward people who are simply trying to help you after YOU ASKED. Nobody's getting paid to throw you free advice. We're choosing to help you of our own accord. I think I would be a little more thankful and have a little less attitude. You have a lot of money in that mill. I would think you would welcome any and all opinions as to what it might be. Kinda stupid to ignore good advice, even if you may think it's not right. No harm in checking out every single thing.

Lastly, I really don't give a **** about your car. At least not anymore. I don't think anybody else does either. I'm not gonna say "I hope you find the problem, blah blah blah, because I don't care. All Lewis did was tell the truth about how you were handling it up to that point and you turned on him like a rabid dog calling him a jackass. In the response quoted from you above, you're still being flippant to everyone. So I say let you drown in your oil leak. I'm done.

Exactly.

If you're going to **** on people trying to help you, they you will not get help.... :wack:

If you don't want any help, don't ask....

Or, for crying out loud, at least post up what you did, specifically, to fix the issue.

Did you cut a hole in the other valve cover and add a pcv valve, did you try a different set of valve cover that were already set up for dual breathers??? Did you find out how many different leaks you had and where were they? Why would you not share that info with us?

The whole idea of these forums are to build an information base and to help each other out in order to achieve similar goals that we all share.

If you already knew the cause and fix then maybe it should have been just posted as a rant because of the mess it caused rather than asking for opinions & help.

-Just sayin'

Or, for crying out loud, at least post up what you did, specifically, to fix the issue.

Did you cut a hole in the other valve cover and add a pcv valve, did you try a different set of valve cover that were already set up for dual breathers??? Did you find out how many different leaks you had and where were they? Why would you not share that info with us?

The whole idea of these forums are to build an information base and to help each other out in order to achieve similar goals that we all share.

If you already knew the cause and fix then maybe it should have been just posted as a rant because of the mess it caused rather than asking for opinions & help.

-Just sayin'

It probably started pissing oil again, and he's too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

The reminds me of the "Paint shop jail" thread where the guy was jerked around by his body man for over 2 years. Thread ran 30 pages. Cried about on the forum for a year. He finally got his car back and refused to divulge the body mans name or location.

The reminds me of the "Paint shop jail" thread where the guy was jerked around by his body man for over 2 years. Thread ran 30 pages. Cried about on the forum for a year. He finally got his car back and refused to divulge the body mans name or location.

I figured out his name, shop name, shop address and phone number by information that was posted on the thread. I love Google.

I had a feeling a specific and detailed post concerning the exact solution to this problem wasn't gonna happen. Maybe it's not solved. Why do I waste my time? Anybody try to contact the builder for his take on this?

90% of the new motors I see pissing oil out of every seal/ gasket or the stick are either only runnung 1 breather or none. All of them resolved the problem(if caught soon enough) by installing some sort of Positive Crankcase Ventalation system on it. Either a conventional PCV valve setup or moroso Vac-U-Pan kit or a vacuum pump, but something has to create negative pressure in the crankcase for everything to seal properly. 2 breathers won't create negative pressure & will likely still leak.

90% of the new motors I see pissing oil out of every seal/ gasket or the stick are either only runnung 1 breather or none. All of them resolved the problem(if caught soon enough) by installing some sort of Positive Crankcase Ventalation system on it. Either a conventional PCV valve setup or moroso Vac-U-Pan kit or a vacuum pump, but something has to create negative pressure in the crankcase for everything to seal properly. 2 breathers won't create negative pressure & will likely still leak.

i agree 100%

Frickin entertaining to say the least.....

LOL Steve, only you bud lol

Frickin entertaining to say the least.....
Well...what did you expect? It started out with some clown rolling down the highway with smoke rolling out from under the hood. Then it progressed. Still no details on the exact fix.

it's fixed ? that's great still I think you have no clue.
you are wrong for bashing your builder on a public forum.

-
Back