Maxi is in the Hospital......

-
Hang in there Maxi,were all thinking about you !!!!

faucet pics 618.jpg

I signed the cast too ! Recognise me? I will give you a hint. I dont have an a body any more:pale:

11111177Maxiff.JPG

Joe, need a Maxi update. Haven't seen anything new for a week now. Let us know how she's doing.

Thanks again all!

Maxi is now putting some weight on her leg but very gingerly. A few days back she greeted me at the door in the past usual way (standing up) and I told her "back" instead of "down" and she let out a yipe as she slipped. :( I couldn't believe she was standing up ...

So, on with her recovery.... It seems that changes for the better happens all at once rather than continuosly and gradualy. Today she was running around on three legs and mucking with Merlin and even putting some weight on her leg when she ran. This is very good. No whining at all today and even though she does spend more time in her cave than usual, she's really spunky and her eating habits are back to normal.

Tomorrow we are off to the vet for another splint change. Hopefully I'll hear that there has been some improvement from Dr. Stevenson. On another note, I have found a bit of dough so no help is needed although I truly do appreciate all the offers. These last few weeks of working weekends on side jobs and for my company have really paid off. I'ts so dang nice to be independent again and a contributor to society.

Merlin and Maxi send you all hugs and big, wet, sloppy dog kisses, lol. You all are the best. :)

Off to the vet. I gotta make a step out of a cardboard box to make it easier for Maxi to get in the RC.

Here's hoping for good news Ram!! We're all pulling for her!!

Great news! The vet said that there's much less mobility in her joint and she's progreesing nicely!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It doesn't look like there will be any need for surgery or amputation, although she will need physical therapy at home and will need a hock brace. More good news, a hock brace is much, much, much less expensive than I thought!!!!!! Whoo Hooo!

I told her about the daily doses of Glucosomine/Chondroitin I've been giving her and she said that she read a study recently that had tested every supplement under the sun and the Dasuquin brand is the way to go so I bought a bottle. It ain't cheap but nothing's too good for my girl.. :-D It also has avacado and soybean oils that are a great natural supplement. :read2:

From the back of the box:

"Dasuquin is the exclusive veterinary formulation that contains the potent combination of glucosamine hydrochloride, low molecular weight chondrontin sulfate, and avacado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU). Dasuquin is formulated to deliver maximal cartilage support.

Dasuquin is a dual synergistic formula that delivers the most comprehensive, multifaceted joint health management formula avialible!" :read2:

So how does it work Joe. Will the end of the bones just knit together on the sides and she'll end up with a leg that's, let's say, 1/2" shorter than the other or are the ends of the broken bones knitting together.

So how does it work Joe. Will the end of the bones just knit together on the sides and she'll end up with a leg that's, let's say, 1/2" shorter than the other or are the ends of the broken bones knitting together.

I guess the ends of her bones are just knitting together. Shoot Terry, now you have me thinking..... She didn't say anything about one leg being shorter...

Outstanding News this morning Joe :cheers:

Yes :happy10:the bone is growing back together :cheers: If I remember right he set the brake and must have dun one hell of a job 8)and Maxi has good bone health :love7:
I think it will be the same length Joe.:read2:

that is great news......think I will have a :drinkers: to celebrate....

I guess the ends of her bones are just knitting together. Shoot Terry, now you have me thinking..... She didn't say anything about one leg being shorter...

Either way Joe this is great news. Sometime soon you'll come home to find Merlin cowering in the corner and Maxi with a big **** eating grin on her face.

Great news! The vet said that there's much less mobility in her joint and she's progreesing nicely!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It doesn't look like there will be any need for surgery or amputation, although she will need physical therapy at home and will need a hock brace. More good news, a hock brace is much, much, much less expensive than I thought!!!!!! Whoo Hooo!

Super Duper news!! :thumblef: What a great turn of events here.....:)

Yes, this awesome news everyone and thank you all so much for your support. This place is like family and Maxi is like the A-Body mascot. You all rock!. :headbang: :notworth:

That is great news, I'm so happy to hear that she's doing so much better :cheers:

thats great news for you and maxi if I can just get my new one shadow the lil black lab pup in the picture house trained id be happy getting there though lil guy is nine weeks

Glad to hear she's doing better, and that she's getting supplements to help her heal comfortably. Take care of our FABO Baby Girl:grommit:
I signed her cast, too.
MAXI.0001.JPG

~Mary

MAXI.0001.JPG

That is great news, I'm so happy to hear that she's doing so much better :cheers:

Thanks Rob! She was hanging out in the shop last night with Doktor_X and I while he was putting in a new high stall torque converter. She's an awesome shop dog.

thats great news for you and maxi if I can just get my new one shadow the lil black lab pup in the picture house trained id be happy getting there though lil guy is nine weeks

Just a puppy! Get a pic up!

Glad to hear she's doing better, and that she's getting supplements to help her heal comfortably. Take care of our FABO Baby Girl:grommit:
I signed her cast, too.

Will do Mary and thanks for signing her cast. :)

It's almost been a month since an update and I'm wondering how Maxi is doing?

I hope she is progressing well.....Let us know :clock:

I brought Maxi in for her hock brace last Saturday but the vet ordered the wrong size dang it. The splint is really starting to bug her and I wanted to get it off. I'm hoping to hear today that the new brace is in, but we'll see what happens.

She's putting enough weight on her leg to be bumping the splint up and out of the bandage. This is good, but it's really driving her nuts. Time for this thing to go away and get Maxi walking again. :)

WELL DANG'IT JOE The wrong size :read2:
It sure sounds like Maxi is ready :cheers::happy10::happy10::happy10:
I am so happy she has healthy bones and you found a great Dr. for her :cheers:
Buddy and I will be here waiting to see that ol cast come off of our Girl :clock:

You was right Joe, Buddy was born Nov 28th ish and is 23'' at the shoulders and 31'' from ears to his tail, We will be here waiting to see here new brace that she will be more comfortable and mobile in :cheers:

EASTER 2010 BUDDY 058.jpg

-
Back