Missed on this combo?

-
Do you think it will make that much more than 560HP with the small Bloomer heads over what you have?

Do you think it will make that much more than 560HP with the small Bloomer heads over what you have?
CNC%20Cylinder%20Head%20Ad%20Sheet.jpg

Just the fact that they don't back up after .600 lift(keep flowing all the way to .900 lift) says a lot. and 300 cfm without removing the pushrod pinch says even more. And the picture of the "ss" posted earlier.......well im excited for him.:thankyou:
I know this question was for Op but theres my 2 c any ways :lol:

No Victor 340. I run a Super Victor now. I know it works.......and I want the new dyno test to be a head change only thing. Only fly in the soup is now I actually have 1.6 rockers.

So I guess it will be a back to back test with corrected rockers. Heads will be here Tuesday. Might actually get on the dyno late next week. Maybe. Looks like all my spring hardware will work, but I won't know until the heads are on my bench. Worse case I think, might have to order different locators.

View attachment 1715036429
Just the fact that they don't back up after .600 lift(keep flowing all the way to .900 lift) says a lot. and 300 cfm without removing the pushrod pinch says even more. And the picture of the "ss" posted earlier.......well im excited for him.:thankyou:
I know this question was for Op but theres my 2 c any ways :lol:
So how much more power do you think it will make? It was not bad to begin with...

Man it's really hard to guess, but i will go out on a line and say it will make More HP and a lot more Down low.
I want to say it will make 600 Hp that would make him and me happy........but when it didn't then i would have that humpty dumpty broken egg on my face!:lol:
If it performs like it looks.........should make more power from 3000 to 6500. The graft should be above the previous curve all the way thru........so say i" Humpty Dumpty":wtf::D

Rework the heads.... Bigger carb.... More timing....
I think your rite... Heads are most of the issue...

The BPE 205 flowbench look identical to the Modern Cylinder head flow chart that came with my CNC 2.02 heads...with 65 cc chambers. And those were done back in 2009

Attachments

• eddy_flow_chart.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 217
So how much more power do you think it will make? It was not bad to begin with...
It was weak weak weak torque-wise, down low. 420 ft lbs at 4000.........lame. For what it is.

I will be happy as hell if it makes 575HP, with a real nice torque curve. I really want to see 450 ft lbs at 3000. Not asking for friggin miracles here...

Well the BPE heads are here. They sure look nice, but I was expecting to see something dramatically different. I think I just don't get the "shortside" thing yet.

They look very well done and one thing for sure. The ports are way bigger. I'll be porting my Super Victor a bit more along with intake AND exhaust gaskets. Sure not much meat between intake ports. Reminds me of my CNC'D RHS/Indy heads I've been running.
20170411_174006.jpg
20170411_173922.jpg
20170411_173728.jpg
20170411_173628.jpg

Here's a few pics from this crappy tablet.

I should add that he said I can return them as long as I don't bolt them down. I suppose I could get one flowed....

How about a pic of the Short Side looking at it from the valve side, looking up the port.

How about a pic of the Short Side looking at it from the valve side, looking up the port.
Splain it to me better, brutha. I'm still not hip on this "shortside" thing. I'm not so sure its different than the Eddys.

You want a shot from the valve looking out the intake runner?

Yup!
looking through the valve seat down the intake runner.

when looking down the port from the intake side there is a turn on the floor of the port that flows down to the valve seat. that is the ss or Short Side Radius.
The best way to see the shape of the SS is looking from the intake valve, backward toward the intake surface.

Take you finger and fill the shape of you Eddy SS and then fill the shape of you new head. you will fill a bigger radius more then you will see in a pic.
But sence i'm not there....a picture will have to do.
Thanks by the way.

I spent quite awhile fingering them. Uh.....don't feel much different. Here's a couple more.
20170411_224752.jpg
20170411_224721.jpg
20170411_224658.jpg

Well...come on, man! I got's 'ta know.....How does it look? Now that I went back out there, the Edelbrock seem a bit flatter. Not much, though. The overall port seems way smoother transition-wise, and not nearly as "bulbous" as the Edelbrock.

I tell you, I'm scared shitless to bolt these on. I had to sell stuff to buy them and boy, they better make a difference.

Long as I don't bolt them on, I can return them if I don't like what I see. First they will need milled. Supposed to be 70cc chambers. I need 68. I will cc them tomorrow. Anyone have an idea how much to mill for 2 cc's?

Well...come on, man! I got's 'ta know.....How does it look? Now that I went back out there, the Edelbrock seem a bit flatter. Not much, though. The overall port seems way smoother transition-wise, and not nearly as "bulbous" as the Edelbrock.

I tell you, I'm scared shitless to bolt these on. I had to sell stuff to buy them and boy, they better make a difference.

Long as I don't bolt them on, I can return them if I don't like what I see. First they will need milled. Supposed to be 70cc chambers. I need 68. I will cc them tomorrow. Anyone have an idea how much to mill for 2 cc's?
You send then back i'm going to Hurt you!:poke::D
You said:
The overall port seems way smoother transition-wise, and not nearly as "bulbous" as the Edelbrock.

the smoother the air can travel the more HP potential it has.
The biggest challenge is to keep the air attached to the SS! if it jumps of the SS it crashes into the valve(turbulence) and turbulence kills performance The smoother, rounder that it is and still have a large enough Cross Sectional area to keep the air speed within reason wins!

Put both then head back on the flow bench and only flow them at .600 lift. You will hear which one is the winner! (Hint turbulence is more NOisE)

This is only my opinion/guess
But they had too much air speed and it was jumping off the SS. So to slow down air speed you make it larger in that area. theY must not have been able to widen it or take more out of the roof........so they cut into the ss.
Slowed air speed down but now you have a smaller (less round) SS. The flow bench### my not have caught the problem......but you're running eng DID. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 1715038118
That my not seam like a lot but it Huge. ^^^^^See red righting!
Gotcha. Now I understand the short side a lot better. I was expecting to feel like a half inch difference, so you can understand my questioning. I think I will side by side them tomorrow morning now that I know what to look for.

All these years of bolting heads on I never realized how important a little bit of aluminum can be.
Thanks for the schooling!

They do look very nice, and exactly the same as in his advertisement images.
I would trust the guy when he says that Brett Miller did the ports and BES cnc cut them.
Those guys sure wouldn't give their name and risk their reputation when those heads
wouldn't be up to the claims made.
Again, keeping my fingers crossed!

Holy crap! I HAD to run out to my garage and look again at the Eddys. Man you are right on the money. I really couldn't feel it earlier, but the Hughes SS almost is flat to the damn valve seat!

Amazing.

I'm starting to get a good feeling.

Have to say I'm very impressed with your willingness to
Spend more money and time to achieve your goal especially with this not being a race car
Those Hughes heads are on the chopping block so to speak for me anyways if and mostly likely will those BPE heads make the power it will be hard for me to spend money with Hughes again
Good luck with this and thanks for sharing

yup you're getting it!:thumbsup:
Now you need to look forward,cautiously, and make sure all the parts from the Eddy heads will work on your new head.
This is not the time to jump forward and make a mistake.
I'm not telling you something that you don't already know.......Just thinking out loud i guess.:)

-
Back