Mopar Performance rear shocks

-

BigBlockMopar28

Reaction score
Is anyone on here running Mopar Performance rear shocks? Opinions on using them for a street/strip application? Thanks

Are the MP shocks even available anymore?

The harder a car launches, the stiffer the rear shocks need to be on extension. You want controlled seperation, especially if it's a stick. A lot of people like Rancho, Viking & others not only because they are adjustable, but the adjustments tend to be on the stiffer side.

Did not like the Mopar shocks with the S/S springs. Would not let the car lift, and car would not hook at all. I use Competiton Engineering adjustables.

I just put new old stock springs in, is there a shock that will lift my 67 barracuda a inch or two?

Only springs or shackles can alter ride height. Shocks control the suspension action. (Unless you use coil-over shocks, which do both.) Shackles tend to be a bad idea. You would need a heavier/higher rate leaf spring.

Does anyone no of a coil over shock that will work on a 67 barracuda?

Does anyone no of a coil over shock that will work on a 67 barracuda?
As mentioned above, the dual adjustable Viking shocks are a good drag racing shock. Of course, you need to build something to support the top mounting points. Here's my vote
REAR2.jpg

-
Back