Moparfest 2013

-
Sorry to hear Chris, I was hoping that we could get you on your way to Moparfest. Good seeing you again, and I will see you next year for sure!

Have a gang of 8 coming out again this year. Looking forward to it. We'll drop by the club spot.

Gonna have a sign again this year for signatures? Scott, do you need me to bring a marker again ? :thumbup:

All cleaned up and ready for Saturday. Weather looks perfect, should be a great day :drinkers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 416
I just registered. First time for me to show with my 76 Duster /6 4bbl.
It just came out of Paint, and now have to get it all re-assmbled with a hard deadline in front of me. Wish me luck.

Got my safety, and Licence. Up till midnight last night finishing the Upholstery install. Ready to Roll.

cwatts: Sorry I won't get to see your car in person. I won't be at the show.
Can't get away. It's been 5 or 6 years since I have been to Moparfest.

Wilson

cwatts: Sorry I won't get to see your car in person. I won't be at the show.
Can't get away. It's been 5 or 6 years since I have been to Moparfest.

Wilson
Too bad, I was looking at the pictures of your Demon it is really sweet. Reminds me of the 71 hemi orange one I had in high school

Attachments

• demon.pdf
    207.8 KB · Views: 130
Just got back from a full days work, getting the arena cars parked etc...
We're ready for you guys again this year, looks like it's going to turn out to be a great weekend, turnout, weather, everything.

And then I can spill the beans on the plans for next year.

Cheers,
Giles

Will be there in am aswell I will try and park with the fabo club if that's ok my other club osdac will be in the same area aswell. Looking forward to meeting some new ppl .

you boys ain't that far away....next year I'll be there eh? (gettin' practiced up already)

Have fun guys sure sure wish was there , just rolled into Saskatoon and will be attending MoparManiaXV tomorrow before dropping it off to the rail shipper and flying home on Monday , the car still has a heavy tick that I keep hoping is exhaust because it's not heavy enough for a rod or main but way too heavy for a lifter ,looks like refresh time for the stroker .

Have fun guys sure sure wish was there , just rolled into Saskatoon and will be attending MoparManiaXV tomorrow before dropping it off to the rail shipper and flying home on Monday , the car still has a heavy tick that I keep hoping is exhaust because it's not heavy enough for a rod or main but way too heavy for a lifter ,looks like refresh time for the stroker .

Chris...sometimes a header gasket leak can make a "ticking" sound...often mistaken for lifters and such.

Just a thought...

Chris...sometimes a header gasket leak can make a "ticking" sound...often mistaken for lifters and such.

Just a thought...
yeah I've been chasing it for a couple of days the header gasket was the first thing I snugged up and I know the collector gasket is due for a refresh on the passenger side but this one is a little more solid sounding than that , I'll chase it some more when the car gets back to Victoria in a couple of weeks , I'm really more focused right now on why it pushed the gasket where it did in the first place , if you look at the pics it pushed it outward on the top side of 5 and was sucking a small spray of water into that cylinder but there isn't a water passage there -oh well I'll talk to Brian about it when I get home and we'll see where he is at with Customer service after the sale eh lol , I was already looking to send the OE 318 to him for a rework maybe I'll put 2 motors on the truck going south .

also a leaky intake will tick but I'm not using/sucking any water or oil so I doubt it's the problem .

So I made it to Moparfest today!!! It was pretty awesome, for my first time!! Hopefully in 2 years I will be done my car and I can make my way there with it...The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the 400 or so newer Dodge Challengers...(Way tooo many IMO)

But it was a nice day lots to see, lots of draws and booths!!! Can't wait to go again next year!!! My wife even enjoyed it!!!

Hope you guys have a great time as well!!!

Super nice cars!!!!

On the plus side I didn't see many 4 dr Valiants!!! I like that because it will be something different when I take mine up in a year or two.

Cheers!!!

Great day, great weather, great A-bodies. Looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks Captain Canuck for the great burgers & Sausage.

Attachments

• Wilmot-20130817-00206.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Wilmot-20130817-00207.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Wilmot-20130817-00209.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 307
Yeah they certainly had enough newer Challengers there, but I wouldn't want to be the one to qhash anyones love for the hobby regardless of what they have. If it gets much bigger they are going to run out of room (I was car 1382)! Absolutely beautiful day for a car show.

Well, I didn't make it to the show AGAIN this year. :( BUT, I DID manage to get there for my favorite part, parking at the intersection of Hwy 7/8 and Peel St. and watch you guys and gals leave!!! I recognized Captain Canuck and Kazoom heading up the hill. Cars are looking and sounding great guys! I had to drive back home, Dad's heart was pumping too hard! Lol!!

-
Back