Moparfest 2013

-
Yeah mileage not what was guess I'll need my pit crew to put a better tune on her ,sitting in Revelstoke getting ready to head for gden

Have a safe trip Chris. We are all looking forward to seeing you again this year! I hope you are ready to take over as the next champion in the hot wing eating contest. It should be a blast. See ya soon!

thanks Andy , I'm in Kindersley SK with OldKimmer and just attended my first rodeo with Patty and him. Pretty cool stuff I must say .The previous champion is driving down to join us tomorrow for some car time , we're going to do my brakes , tune her and maybe run the valves depending on how the day goes

Booked up at best western cars running good see you guys next weekend , do I need to register club parking ? I will be registering at gate this year
Hey Randy, I'm glad you're coming again this year! Just ask them about club parking when you register. I don't think there will be a problem.

Less than a week to go, I'm getting pumped!!

where ya been Darwin ? I haven't seen ya cruisin the streets , I didn't make it out to Francelli's before the gong show started there but I am usually around town . I'll post here from time to time along the way but would rather have you following me for real eh !

I've been doing the Langford hangout mostly...new place after the Francelli's sh*tstorm.

but would rather have you following me for real eh

This may happen next year...hopefully... will get the Dart all "teched out" over the winter for the long drive...was talking to Gord recently about making the pilgrimage.

Have a safe trip, my friend!!

just booked our room for the one night stay ... daddy day on sat and then planning on going someplace for daughter day on sunday as our summer vacation.

well things just got interesting , We { 4speedragtop , OldKimmer and I } did the brakes and we were playing with the kickdown some and popped a head gasket {pics will follow later } so we've stripped out the head and I will be scrounging up a new gasket here in Kindersley tomorrow or Steve will have grab one from North Battleford up by his place and come back down tomorrow if there isn't one around here , yeehaw these are the things that make this stuff fun eh !

Attachments

• 20130811_235243.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20130811_235335.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 265
the first pic shows a cylinder where something has gotten embedded in the top of the piston , see the two little craters at the lower edge of the piston , thats cylinder 1 and the second photo shows where the gasket has blown out at cylinder 5 which had 3/4 of an inch or so of milky oil and water mix in it , luckily we saw smoke and shut her down right away then called a tow truck , nothing like being broke down and stranded 12 miles from town in the middle nowhere surrounded by endless miles of farmland .

Well that sucks Chris,hope you can find a gasket fast.Does the gasket have to be RHS head specific?Glad you have some help there(Kimmer and Stever):hello2:

Kid's decided they want to come back to Michigan with me after Moparfest sp I guess I will be trailering there and back. Was looking forward to the drive actually.

Looking at the FEL-PRO performance seires (1008) it is .039 thick. That is what all they all list except for the W9 "A" Aluminum block that is .046

# is 100Eight

Thanks we have a felpro set in hand and are going to do both sides so they are the same ,Kimmer took the one side to work this morning to clean up and is going to pick up the other at lunch an we will do the re-assembly tonight

I really didn't need any more bad news right now but we'll just have to beleive it's all going to come together lol

Well with an excursion like you are having, maybe I can talk nice to my wife & see what she can do for you. :toothy10:

got it all apart both heads are cleaned and ready to back on , just going to call Brian to see what his torque spec was when he built it so we can copy that when Kimmer gets home from work this evening , barring any problems I should be back non the road sometime tomorrow I would think , of course thats if we didn't hurt anything else when it happened .

Fingers are crossed for you, sure hope you make it this weekend !
X2!!! I'm glad you got some help out there Chris. Steve and Kimmer will have you up and going in no time. Good luck! We are pulling for ya!!

I just want to remind everyone that I will be bringing my portable BBQ on the Saturday again this year. For all my fellow FABO members, I will be grilling up some fresh farmers sausage on a bun and I will also be doing some hamburgers too.

-
Back