MoparStyle.com Shutting Down

-
The MoparStyle FB page seems to be going ok. Schultz has been selling his cars and parts recently. I did hear he has health issues as mentioned.

Get all the tech pages that they have?
Not sure what is left or was ever there as I randomly log in there when something comes up on the great and powerful Googler.

The founder of Moparstyle has passed today. Dave lost his fight with Cancer

Dave Schultz passed.jpg

RIP Dave. Sure sorry to hear this.

I got to know Dave a few years back and he was a straight shooter. Did what he said he would.

Yeah, didn’t know the guy but from what was going on his site there were things that I didn’t care for. That’s what drove me over to Moparts and from there FABO and FBBO.

THis cracks me up. DOUBLE the members on this site alone. That is GREAT!
That friggin site sucks ***....They have ONE particular Moderator that MUST have been bullied as a kid because he is a complete asshole of a Mod. "Not A Charger". He has banned me for the most inane reasons. I suspect that he is solely responsible for the site losing members.
Another habit that is status quo there: They dump threads without warning, ban people without explanation and act like people should feel lucky to be a member. They still act like they own the internet and that they have no competition.
I've had more problems here than anywhere with those exact things, actually more than any other forums I have ever been a part of. There are 2 particular ones here that I've had issues with

Mopar style went *poof* all of a sudden a few years ago, don't remember exactly when but I occasionally do a Google search for it hoping to find some of the old tech. So far no dice. I used to be on there alot.

Mopar style went *poof* all of a sudden a few years ago, don't remember exactly when but I occasionally do a Google search for it hoping to find some of the old tech. So far no dice. I used to be on there alot.
That's how we met.

I was never crazy about the site but may Dave rest in peace. Sad to lose such a strong Mopar guy.

Yup. And I don't hear much from ya any more. All still good down there by Springfield?
Yeah,,,,,,,,, bout as good to be expected. Getting back into building some cars again. Just can't understand why I have to pick the hardest ones to to try to bring back.

I looked up some threads on Dave. Back in early Nov, he posted that he apparently was having the stem cell transplant procedure done and it was obviously the biggest fight of his life. He stated he was planning a big party for early April this year (2024) and he would supply all the food, beverages, supplies, etc and you could camp on his property (Dave was quite wealthy). He figured he would be at +6 months from the stem cell transplant and a good reason to celebrate. He had a Facebook link to RSVP if you would come as he wanted all his "tier1 and tier2 friends" to be there. Also said to bring your car to one of the tracks near him for some hits and you could use his shop/tools/lifts/etc if you needed anything.

At the end of his post, he said "well, and what if I don't make it?" The party would still be on to celebrate his life. It appears he passed away about a week after that post. The link to the party leads to an error message so it was obviously cancelled.

He was a hard-core racer who lived to race and had the means to do it. Sad for sure - cancer sucks!!

-
Back