More of my home made furniture.

-
Great thread. The creativity is inspiring and the pride in workmanship is evident.

Subscribed

Great thread. The creativity is inspiring and the pride in workmanship is evident.

Subscribed

thank you very much. I know this is a mopar forum but we all have passions outside of our car hobby. this is one of mine. Its nice to share it and have it so well received. I get inspiration from fellow members projects and if i can in anyway repay that i am thankful.

getting closer. got the floor mounts all done. getting the wood backing panels made up. all the wood will have the nice layer of veneer over them.

got the middle back board framed in too.

got the hinges for the doors today and got the doors mounted.

had to get creative with the middle door hinges. otherwise the door would be permanently mounted and none removable.

Screw the car crap. You need to be building furniture professionally. You could make a mint.

Damn,thats some badass stuff...you got a forklift to move that stuff? lol..very nice work...you need some nameplates with your coat of arms on it...

thanks guys. this is just a fun lil hobby i have got myself into. i am obsessed with building ****. pretty much anything. I do custom fab work at work right now actually. im a one man show and they pay me about 1/4 what i think i deserve lol.

here is the project i finished this morning. had to create this mounting system to mount a hose reel to the end of a tank. had to rotate the mounting of the reel 90 degrees and create a new mount for the hose guides. then i had to fab the nozzle hanger and filter mount. this is what i do here.

great work love it. by the way, you guys that mentioned this is an A body site, not woodworking?? you need to pay attention to this young guy, he makes this neat things for the house (bride) and she lets him work on his cars,, buy expensive parts, go to the swaps and races with his buddies, maybe have a cold one, ETC. this fits perfectly well in the car hobby!!!!!

got some more done last night.

i built a fancy lil pass thru port for the middle top panel. i still need to frame in the boxed area for the receiver to sit in.

That thing looks heavy duty enough to support my 64" CRT Projection Magnavox Big Screen... And that is one seriously heavy TV! :glasses7:

That thing looks heavy duty enough to support my 64" CRT Projection Magnavox Big Screen... And that is one seriously heavy TV! :glasses7:

its sturdy thats for sure. its all made of .065 wall tubing so its really not that heavy. i bet it will be about 225lbs when all is said and done.

I wish I was closer I would hire you to make my (custom) frame connectors I have dreamed up for my little lite 66 /6 Valiant :coffee2: Great job on the hose real set up :thumleft::thumleft: and this table is going to be around for many years :glasses7: Groovy work younggun :thumleft:

Shoot me a pm on the frame connectors! I got a 65 valiant in garage right now. Could build you your bars and mail em to ya

Great job on the furniture, save yourself some money, don't powder coat, put it outside and let it rust up. Much more natural....

Great job on the furniture, save yourself some money, don't powder coat, put it outside and let it rust up. Much more natural....

that would break my lil heart. lol i like the industrial look but i gotta have it all finished. it would just feel undone to me.

Shoot me a pm on the frame connectors! I got a 65 valiant in garage right now. Could build you your bars and mail em to ya
I am sure shipping would be the deal braker, BUT I may pm you on my idea :glasses7:

beautiful work.......... I hope your house is a ranch on a very thick cement pad!

Or he'll come downstairs in the morning to brew coffee, and find half of his den, and the furniture, sitting in the kitchen below. :D

The powdercoating finish you are using looks very good...I figured out a nameplate for your furniture...Studley Fabrications..or BadAss Metals...

I enjoy making wood furniture as a hobby, as my late father was a very talented wood carver and I find it brings back lots of memories working in the shop.....anyway I have to say that what you make is very impressive, it is truly imaginative and very creative....excellent style and keep up the good work and keep us posted with pics

P.S. I made end tables, coffee table and entertainment unit when the old ***** left me, it sure kept my mind off of the breakup and I didn't like the crap she bought anyway

-
Back