Muscle car envy, or just plain stupid ?

-
A couple here have talked about lighting up the tires at the light, or racing up to the speed limit and not breaking any laws. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been known to have a bit of a heavy foot from stop light to stop light, but I always thought that these situations were in fact illegal and refered to as "exhibition of speed" on the ticket. I realize this can be highly subjective to the police, but spinning tires on dry pavement is a sure fire way to get pulled over. Can any one verify this?

I want to add electric cutouts to mine. When they rev theirs I can hit the switch ,rev it and change their mind.
the sound of mine usually changes their minds. on a stupider note,I just had a stoplight dragrace, where his lane ended, could tell by the way he pulled up at the light that he was going to try to beat me to the single lane. his ford p/u or suv (it was dark) couldn`t out run my drive to work 4 cyl. toyota ! there were cameras everywhere, and I got followed to work,
-we`ll see!------yea it was stupid----bob

I get it worse in the 300 then the valiant. Most cases i just ignore them and they go away, sometimes I have to open the cut outs and do a short launch at a stop light and so far they all have gone away. The valiant tends to get the gawkers that want to wave and try to talk to you while you are driving down the road. I sometime think they are worse since they are more focused on the my car then were they are driving.

My brother in law and I were cruising in the Dart . While stopped at a red light a bumble bee yellow Camaro with Transformer badges gives er a shot....

I obliged and on green we were off... short and sweet for the first 200 feet and we let off... Thumbs up and it was over..

Little stuff like that is fun but the real runs are in the country roads or track...

Just outside of town there is a quiet road where most go that has a 1/4 mile marked off.. most go there for a goodtimes...

rarely a problem anymore,a a mean sounding idle usualy tells people there is no point in even trying,

Try running drag radials, or slicks, I think that makes alot of cars think twice. Mine are 28 x12.5 looks quick from the back!!!

he cries about missing a shift
that's the same thing the guy with the (dyno proven) 600+ hp supercharged 5.0 coyote mustang told me after I spanked him with my Stealth.

I believed him:D

A couple here have talked about lighting up the tires at the light, or racing up to the speed limit and not breaking any laws. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been known to have a bit of a heavy foot from stop light to stop light, but I always thought that these situations were in fact illegal and refered to as "exhibition of speed" on the ticket. I realize this can be highly subjective to the police, but spinning tires on dry pavement is a sure fire way to get pulled over. Can any one verify this?
yep, it's true - although I personally have never been charged with it. I think basically anything the police don't like that can't be called anything else can be called speed exhibition -except spinning the tires- that's plain old illegal (usually called 'stunting' here- probably in most places, too).

Is this a case of Little Man Syndrome, Muscle Car Envy, or just plain STUPIDITY ?

I don't get it......isn't having a muscle car (or any fast rice rocket, whatever) all about competitiveness, challenging and who's got the more bad-***/fast ride? My old cars really aren't that fast by today's standards, so I have to try and rely on my car's tough look and lumpy cam. :mrgreen:

Mentioned but yea I agree, I tend to egg on fast cars sometimes if I think they will lean on it. I'm usually driving a 4x4 4.7 dakota and it has a low first gear so it takes off for the first 2.5 seconds briskly from a light. So, if a hot car is next to me, I give them the eye and launch quickly as possible, they respond by blowing me out of the water. But it is nice to see a hot car tear *** past me, even if I am driving a 215 hp truck

Maybe that is why people with nice rowdy cars get F-d with alot, half of the instigators are just wanting to see and hear the beast let loose!

The other day,siting at a 2 lane red light. I'm impatient as hell. Driving, the red hot 98 Ford Taurus s/w. A kid ,in a primered 74 Chevelle pulls up.Stock 350?.Being the impatient *** I am,I roll l across the walkway light. The kid must have thought ,I was deep staging. He wacked his throttle first(homeboy needs to learn accelerator pump tuning).I oozed ahead,through the intersection. Funny as hell.

The other day,siting at a 2 lane red light. I'm impatient as hell. Driving, the red hot 98 Ford Taurus s/w. A kid ,in a primered 74 Chevelle pulls up.Stock 350?.Being the impatient *** I am,I roll l across the walkway light. The kid must have thought ,I was deep staging. He wacked his throttle first(homeboy needs to learn accelerator pump tuning).I oozed ahead,through the intersection. Funny as hell.
back when my Duster had the 340 in it (~400hp) some kid in an old Datsun pickup pulls up beside me. He's revving like crazy, the light changes, he launches as hard as he can. The front end jumps up as the truck lurches forward...and stalls. I idle past him L'ing My A O.

I HAD the Datsun pickup,like that!(lol). Stock Hitatchi carbs SUCK ,for squirter shot. Took a 228/238 Crane grind,10:1 compression,and sidedrafts.....Then it ran.

mentioned but yea i agree, i tend to egg on fast cars sometimes if i think they will lean on it. I'm usually driving a 4x4 4.7 dakota and it has a low first gear so it takes off for the first 2.5 seconds briskly from a light. So, if a hot car is next to me, i give them the eye and launch quickly as possible, they respond by blowing me out of the water. But it is nice to see a hot car tear *** past me, even if i am driving a 215 hp truck

maybe that is why people with nice rowdy cars get f-d with alot, half of the instigators are just wanting to see and hear the beast let loose!

exactly!

If I was driving one of the new retro muscle cars, I would want to blow the doors off something once in a while. Otherwise, What would I have to talk about ?, "Put another car payment in the mail today :( "

-
Back