My 1967 Cuda Restoration

-
I agree with Memike, those caps look great with the redline tires...

Can't wait to see it with some front sheetmetal and grilles!!!

Wow, it is really looking great, Tony!!!!

Can you hook me up with the info on your Optima battery holder? thanks!

Thanks David...PM'ed you on the battery cover

Here's the corners the way it was made:

DSCF2319_Medium_.jpg

After I rounded the corners:

DSCF2342_Medium_.jpg

When the back glass was put in it was a big change looking at your Barracuda =P~=P~, Know I see the stainless trim is on :cheers::cheers: Dang bud :-Dthat Fish is a winner for sure, I like the caps in the last picture you have posted, I am so glad to see this Barracuda coming to life :cheers: you are doing an A number one job Tony !!

I agree with Memike, those caps look great with the redline tires...

Can't wait to see it with some front sheetmetal and grilles!!!

Thanks Mike and Red!

I'm getting excited!

Lookin good Tony, love the dog-dishes on her. Hey BTW shouldnt the tach in your avatar be sitting at around 6k?? LOL

Look at that bumper shine :cheers: and the tips look like the NIZE ones =P~

I remember this day Tony, Your build has really moved forward in 2 1/4 years.
It sure don't seem that long ago 8)

I hope you have a great Strong end brother :cheers:

571.jpg

Bumper is rechromed or new reproduction ?
Looks good !

I can almost hear the excitement all the way in AZ :happy10:

What a sweet build you're doing there!!

My wife installed the Hush Mat in the top of the car.

DSCF2401_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2399_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2400_Medium_.jpg

We then hung the headliner to see what we needed to do.

DSCF2406_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2404_Medium_.jpg

From the looks of it, this will be the most difficult thing I've done on this
car.

Got the AM radio working and the FM converter. Also hooked the tach up.

quote: One of these days it will be done!

Ya mean, soon , it will be done. Nose to the grindstone Tony,you're getting close.8)

Tony great Job, your probably need an extra set of hands to help with that headliner. It makes you wonder how they did them on the assembly line.

If you plan to use the stock lap belts carry on. If you plan on aftermarket 3 point belts,
It will be wise to address the roofs' belt anchor point before finishing the headlinner.
I haven't seen the hush mat used up there before.

Tony, consider getting the metal tape for HVAC to put across the seams up there. It is going to get very hot and lets hope the adhesive stays....

Hey Tony
Let me no how the headliner works out. I need to put a new one in mine the one in it now my dad did it and it has a lot of wrinkles in it. Maybe u could help me put mine in sometime if u want.

Hey Tony
Let me no how the headliner works out. I need to put a new one in mine the one in it now my dad did it and it has a lot of wrinkles in it. Maybe u could help me put mine in sometime if u want.

Got some instructions from one of the threads here on the forum.

http://www.restorick.com/tech/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6

I'm going to give it a shot.......if I chicken out I'll give Jeff Kelley
a call and let him finish it.

I don't remember where I got the tip from, but when I did mine , a 65 Valiant, I used contact cement to secure the middle front , then middle back , before I started to strech the sides into place.. Worked very well, did it without a second pair of hands... and I have no wrinkles..

Doing it in the sun on a hot days helps too to keep everything good and stretchy..

I don't remember where I got the tip from, but when I did mine , a 65 Valiant, I used contact cement to secure the middle front , then middle back , before I started to strech the sides into place.. Worked very well, did it without a second pair of hands... and I have no wrinkles..

Doing it in the sun on a hot days helps too to keep everything good and stretchy..

Thanks Ken

I'll make a note on that. Since my windows are in I will need something
to hold it in place for a bit.

Thanks again,
Tony

-
Back