my $400 ebay impulse buy. lol

-
Also, decided it needs some better wheels on it. So I called my friend and asked about a few rallies he had over there and he told me to go get them . :)
DSCN2039.jpg

I need two more of these center caps if anyone has any. Two of the wheels have newer style ones that pop out in the center. YUK!
DSCN2042.jpg

Not bad for the price of picking them up. :) I will sandblast and repaint them this weekend and get them shipped to Washington.

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks Ross. I so can not wait to get up there and drive that beast. When you have a minute, see if you can figure out if the brake problem is the M/C or the power booster. Also, if you can see any other problems. He said the steering was a little loose, maybe its the steering box is loose?? seen that several times. The car really doesn't look bad at all. The rallies, 71 grille, and a few other things will sure make it look good. Thanks for all your help. I owe you.

And by the looks of the pics, it is in better than advertised condition. :) <big cheesy smile. lol

Thanks John. It should be a fun car to go gather parts in. :)

dang Ross! How rude...just put your sunglasses wherever you like!

Cool of you to pickup/take pictures and troubleshoot for him.

Much Aloha in your world!

dang Ross! How rude...just put your sunglasses wherever you like!

Cool of you to pickup/take pictures and troubleshoot for him.

Much Aloha in your world!

lol yep I set them down when I want where I want! Yha this baby ain't going to take much to be ready for Jeremy's trip south.

I'll bet Mom won't let you take it to the drive in movie! I was never allowed to take the wagon anyway.....can't figure out why.....!?

Ha! I got the use of the family S/W growing up! 1962 Chrysler Newport. I used those fold down rear seats more than once!

We called it the Moon mobile for the electroluminecent gauges and dome covering the gauge cluster. What a great make out machine. Good thing my parents never figured it out!

Well, it took me awhile to finally find a whole set of 14x6 rallies. I had three and there was an elusive fourth out there somewhere. :) I am hoping to get them sand blasted today or sometime soon and get them refinished and sent to Washington. I am going to try and sell some of my stuff this week to hopefully get all the parts and everything up there so it will be ready for me anytime. I got the title from Ross yesterday and am going to get it transferred into my name on Monday.

I would like to say thanks again to Ross and his boss for picking up the car, storing it, and working on it. They are all great people. Thanks!!

coronet002.jpg

And there is even a few more not pictured. :)

I have to say that I have some great friends down here. They all have a ton of Mopar stuff and are very willing to help. Also, GREAT people.

As far as the trip goes, some things have been changing. I have kind of decided that I want to go alone. I think having a whole bunch of friends with me will just cause problems. I now plan to go up on Wednesday night/thursday morning. Hang out with Ross and them all day Thursday, Friday I need to go see my Aunt and cousins. May stay there that night. Get up at about four in the morning Saturday and cruise at least to Boise, ID but depending on how I feel and how the car is running, maybe all the way home. Its only another 300 miles. I am getting excited, just trying to round up the cash. :) Thats always the fun part. lol

I forgot that you have one. Hmm, I will talk to you about it when I get to your house in about 45 minutes. :)

Personally I would go the 15 inch route,thats just me.I think the 14,s on the big wagon will look tiny.Have fun Jer!

Scott, I would love to go the 15" route and plan to when I get the right wheels. But due to money issues, I am doing it on the cheap. lol. I haven't paid a cent thus far for wheels. So I cant complain. I really want to do 15x6/7 front and 15x8 rear stock steel wheels with dog dish caps. But I don't have the rear wheels yet. Plus 14" BFG's are fairly cheap ($340 for a set of four) and when I get the other wheels, I can pass these wheels and tires onto an A-body.

I'll looking forward to seeing this wagon on rallys! I bets it will look kick ***! Personally I'd keep those over dog dish, but that's just me :)

This has to be the most unique car here. Not an A body but still VERY cool! I'd drive it in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am looking forward to seeing it on the rallys too. I wish I had a set of 15's though. I just dropped them off to John about an hour ago and he is going to blast them for me. Thanks a ton John. Also picked up some parts for new member RJS for his 68 Dart. Hope to get that one here to Logan soon. Speaking of that, anyone know anyone coming from Gunnison, CO to Utah or even better, Idaho anytime soon??? :)

Due to some issues around here (home), I am now unsure that I will be able to fly to Seattle and drive home my new ride. Does anyone have any suggestions on a transport company? I found a place (national transport) that say they will do it in nine days for $800. Little more than I want to spend as the money is now one of the big problems as one of my roommates decided to up and leave on us with no notice. Fun fun, rent just went up $100 a month. Plus, I really want to put 15's on the car, so I shouldn't waist the money on the 14's. Oh decisions....

Looking at vanity plates, I wanted TRUKSTR. But its taken, so here are a few other ideas that arent.

BADWAGN-obvious
GRENDAY-Fitting in many ways, I used to call my 69 300 the green day mobile
ROLL ON-Great song by the living end
MOPAR-They must not let you get it, because I wouldn't think that would be available.
RIZNFAL-One of my favorite Offspring songs

I have thought of a few others too. Any other ideas

-
Back