My 70 Dart

-
Ok, pics of the six pack. Bear with me, don't get bare with me..... you know what I mean. Never mind. LOL.
Ok few pics of the six pack that came with the 340 I got. Not sure what to do, how far to tear it down, don't seem to be in to bad a shape, engine that is. But never know until a pro sees it. ON TO THE PIC'S!!!!!

Attachments

• 6 pack passenger side side.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 357
  • Six pack passenger side close up.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 287
  • shadetree engineering for what.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 269
  • front carb hole.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 262
  • center carb.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 272
  • rear outboard carb showing damage.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 301
  • air cleaner assy off.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 293
  • front outboard carb bad pic 4790 list #.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 271
  • center carb number.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 316
  • rear outboard carb number.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 293
Cold out there this morning.....BRR.
Rest of pics. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• set up on carb.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 316
  • set up drivers side with spring retainer.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 285
  • LD6B and Edel.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 284
  • firning order.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 287
  • distributor rotation.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 305
  • close up drivers side.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 340
Ordered carb rebuild kit, got it today. Or actually carbS kit. Less than &80 delivered from Ebay. Yeah I know....ebay. But I have been very fortunate so far in my purchases, CL and Ebay, even several people here. All worked out good. But anyway, I tried to go online at Summit to see a comparable kit. Well, couldn't find it at Summit. Next tried 1970 Dodge Challenger, sub model T/A. Only carb available was a 4 barrel? HUH? was the 6 pack an option for the T/A and Plymouth RT? And my most sincere apologies to someone I was talking about selling the 340 and carb set up to. When I went out and spun the engine over and looked at it more, I felt it would be the cheapest route to high performance without breaking the bank. Of course until I get in tore down, cleaned, and specced, I won't know for sure. But with a very little ridge, fingernail won't even catch, and the taper is good I should be ok, it looks like original pistons cause I didn't see any sizes on them. Ok, thanks. Nevermind the messy desk......LOL

Attachments

• Six pack rebuild kit.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 259
You can't ever trust those dropdowns to get what was correct for a car... gotta know what you need, not what they say you need. Unreliable.

Watching with much interest! Hope the 340 and six pack setup turn your Dart into a Guided Missile! Oughta be a screamer....

Well, I had to repaint the hood since I was running low on my original paint, that I got for free. I made it at work....LOL. Well, after talking to the chemist, I explained the problems I had and he told me the solvent was changed over to something slower to eliminate the solvent pop. So I had to buy some. Anyway, I had the hood already painted, so I had to sand it down a bit. I didn't get all the scratch marks from the 220, this is after 400 was used, but you have to look close and know where. Who's the better critic of out work? Well we are damn it! I am happy with the way it turned out. I used an Awlgrip clear coat that is 11 years old, LOL. Stuff still laid out nice and flat and smooth and very, very glossy. The pictures of the hood are only from about two days after painting, and the stuff has cured up pretty good. Today, Saturday, is the first day in the sunlight. I still have to cut and buff it to get the nubs and crud out of the clear, but I am very happy with the results. Thanks for looking. Oh, one pic is of the hail damage from before as reference. Thanks again.

Attachments

• hood 4.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 239
  • hood 3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 193
  • hood 2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 203
  • hood 1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 1970 Dart 263.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 247
Ok, backside of hood. Been busy with house projects, but I wanted to finish the hood up so I can have the overhead door back. Makes it a whole lot easier to get the lawnmower and other tools in and out. Well, this part I had some compatibility issues with the primer/surfacer I was using. See, I was lazy and didn't use a sealer cause there has been times I have gotten away with not using any, but not this time. Few places I had a problem with, I sanded it out, then used a coating to seal it. Not the cleanest paint job, but it is the underside of the hood, and it won't stick out, hopefully. LOL. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• underside hood 1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 203
  • underside hood 2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 159
  • underside hood 3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Underside hood finished 1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Underside hood finished 2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Underside hood finished 3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Underside hood finished 4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 179
Tried to add to last post, don't feel like trying to figure the thing out so here it is.
Last pic is after overnight cure, in the sunlight. You can see the hail damage. A lot of work to get the topside straight.

Ok, been a while since last post. Haven't forgotten the car. Miss working on it a lot. Living in an apartment, first time since 1989, can be a bummer. The move here to MI was a dirty affair indeed. Not as quick, had to work and do it on the weekends, but at least I had vacation time to use. Soo now that I'm settling in I have started to look for houses, the three things I looked at before. In my price range, good neighborhood being low or NO crime, and at least a 2 car garage. The housing market here in the northern Detroit area is recovering, so prices are rising, but there are literally THOUSANDS of houses to move, so bargains are still there!!! YAY for me. Spent the last two Saturdays checking out the areas, and I found some really nice ones yesterday. In a 'burb, Roseville, north of 12 Mile road, but I can't be too picky. I mean the last houses I looked at were in VERY nice areas, and affordable. I'm basically restarting my life, the money is not there, yet. But enough for a house. At least I hope the mortgage lender will see it that way. I have this 1 year lease on the apartment, 6 months left on it. Will have to go over that document for a loophole. Got my fingers crossed!

Well, pre approved for enough moola. Now I need to come up with down payment. Pain in the neck for sure since I went through all I had saved to survive. Deals are out there, I can find something a lot closer to work so I don't have to deal with the BS of commuting on I-75.

I've been playing hooky so I didn't catch the details of your move, or why...but sounds like you landed on your feet. Best of luck!

Yeah, basically ended up with the job I would of had if I transferred back in 2013. Lucky that the chemist wanted me because of the experience with the products. But man, working my *** off. Lotta days I feel like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. At 58 it' kicking my *** for real.

Yeah, basically ended up with the job I would of had if I transferred back in 2013. Lucky that the chemist wanted me because of the experience with the products. But man, working my *** off. Lotta days I feel like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. At 58 it' kicking my *** for real.
LOL...tell me about it! Same age, same problem!

Ok, been working OT to fix paint. So I'm getting a nest egg. Almost enough for down payment with FHA loan. Plus a little more for the actual move. Looked at one house, foreclosure with, are you ready, a garage that is 956 sq/ft! Is that huge? Over head doors are high enough for semi tractors. But there are other ones out there with out the foreclosure hassle. Also no longer looking in Roseville and Warren. Want something closer to work that don't require driving on the Interstates. Southfield is the 'burb. Getting there, slowly but surely.

Permanent for 8 years anyway, I'll be max age for SSI then. No offense to those from here, but I just can't see living here in this part of MI.

Permanent for 8 years anyway, I'll be max age for SSI then. No offense to those from here, but I just can't see living here in this part of MI.
Hopefully enough time to finish your car?
Just don't use MY clock...you'll never finish! LOL!

:mad:
Hopefully enough time to finish your car?
Just don't use MY clock...you'll never finish! LOL!
Having a hard enough time as it is with the job. Not sure anymore if I can last 8 years here. No offense to any who live around Detroit, but it sucks..... Like my work, but hate the job if that makes sense. Bosses are a-holes. I'll stop there before I go on a rant.

:mad:
Having a hard enough time as it is with the job. Not sure anymore if I can last 8 years here. No offense to any who live around Detroit, but it sucks..... Like my work, but hate the job if that makes sense. Bosses are a-holes. I'll stop there before I go on a rant.
Hey, it's YOUR thread, bro. Rant on!

Well, I couldn't last. Quit today. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Sick and tired of taking crap home with me. So l won't be working on my car here. Good part is I never got it over here. Will move back quick, before the end of the month. Stick a fork in SE MI, cause it is done and turned to toast.

Well, I must say...that actually sounds like good news to me! Will you be resuming your old job once you move back?

No, that job was gone in 2013. This last job I started in Dec 2015 was the job I would've had. I wasn't sure in 2013 about the transfer, and it looks like I was right. Screwed up place with a screwed up boss. Oh well, live and learn. I'll make it, I know I will.

Well, here it is April 28, 2017. Moved back in December 2016, back in my house in March of 2017. Started a job at a Big Box hardware store local to the area. Needed a job.... Any how, was part-time and could not get to full time. Dead end. Then one day two weeks ago a cousin called me out of the blue and offered me a job at him and his dad's machine shop. I started April 24 full time and more money. What did I do to get this break? No complaining, I just will do the best I can! Job is working with wire EDM machines. No programming or setting up yet, but I am running the machines, only a matter of time before I do. Working on getting Betsy out of her cocoon; that was done this past week. Made possible by stable hours, 8 a day, DAYS, weekends off. Cousins dad is a bike and car nut, guy has about 30 bikes! If I'm off, it isn't by much. But I was already told, didn't ask I swear, that I can use the equipment if needed to make parts or whatever. Now that is cool. I see a need for the blasting cabinet in the future. I have a future with this place!! Dude in the house used drywall around my car, so I have a head start on insulating and drywall in the garage. Ok, all for now. Thanks to any who read this.

Well, a lot has happened since last post. Car is out of cocoon, done some work on drivers side. Birthday was the 25th of March so I treated myself to some rocker trim. Got the trim on the 26th and in very good shape. So it was worth what I spent. And it was under $80 delivered. I'm happy with it! Started on payroll new job, stated in another thread. Tired is the title. Very lucky to have landed as well as I did! At least I have a good chance at getting my car on the road and able to meet my expenses. Not as finished as I hoped, but a good chance none the less.

-
Back