My 70 Dart

-
Well, a lot has happened since last post. Car is out of cocoon, done some work on drivers side. Birthday was the 25th of March so I treated myself to some rocker trim. Got the trim on the 26th and in very good shape. So it was worth what I spent. And it was under $80 delivered. I'm happy with it! Started on payroll new job, stated in another thread. Tired is the title. Very lucky to have landed as well as I did! At least I have a good chance at getting my car on the road and able to meet my expenses. Not as finished as I hoped, but a good chance none the less.
Hey Louie.. Happy belated birthday. Sometimes our cars have to take the back seat to more important things, but it's great you still have it .. now let's see some progress pics lol ... nice work btw..

I just didn't have the cash to spare last year. This year is shaping up a lot differently. Its taken me a long time to get the rightknack at the black blocking after filling in the trim holes. I think I might have the trick now..... Where have we heard that before?

Latest attempt. Looks a little better, but the quarter is wavy as all get out. Gonna live with it. Someone don't like, who cares, they're not driving it.

20180718_160013.jpg

20180718_162108.jpg

Hmm, can't see that very well..... Oh well, on phone at the moment. But this was the worst side.

Holy cow, thought I had posts since July 2018........
Any way, moved to southern Illinois, been here since August 7, 2021.
On this day, 9-14-21, I was in Eldorado, Il on my way to Harrisburg, Il when I spotted what looked like a Road Runner or GTX.
Ended up going back to get a better look, and someone from inside came out to see what I was up to.
I told them a part of my story and talked to owner. Went inside and it was Mopar heaven, or at least a close copy.
69 hemi Dart they are working on, AAR 'Cuda in process. What I thought was a RR or GTX is really a Super Bird,; the nose and wing was inside the shop.
Did I say this is cool as all get out? LOL. Also BB 'Cuda and a mid-60's Satellite or even GTX......hard for me to say.
First time meeting this guy and we talked for about an hour, I got a heads up on what machine shop to go to for engine work and this guy has
Mopars in his back yard for parts. So I now have a good connection for help and any parts, maybe, plus assistance if I ever need any. A very good day despite the fact I failed my first attempt for a Class A CDL.....
LOL

Holy cow, thought I had posts since July 2018........
Any way, moved to southern Illinois, been here since August 7, 2021.
On this day, 9-14-21, I was in Eldorado, Il on my way to Harrisburg, Il when I spotted what looked like a Road Runner or GTX.
Ended up going back to get a better look, and someone from inside came out to see what I was up to.
I told them a part of my story and talked to owner. Went inside and it was Mopar heaven, or at least a close copy.
69 hemi Dart they are working on, AAR 'Cuda in process. What I thought was a RR or GTX is really a Super Bird,; the nose and wing was inside the shop.
Did I say this is cool as all get out? LOL. Also BB 'Cuda and a mid-60's Satellite or even GTX......hard for me to say.
First time meeting this guy and we talked for about an hour, I got a heads up on what machine shop to go to for engine work and this guy has
Mopars in his back yard for parts. So I now have a good connection for help and any parts, maybe, plus assistance if I ever need any. A very good day despite the fact I failed my first attempt for a Class A CDL.....
LOL
I didn't realize you had moved! Glad you have a parts hookup nearby. I wish you tons of luck!

I've had this darn car over 12 years and just want to get it running and on the road at least for now. Going to replace master brake cylinder as I always have to pump it to get any pedal, and no fluid stains on each tire. Went over this earlier in the thread so I won't go into any explanations here. Will post more when it's done. Thanks.

Well, been a very long time. I never was able to.get the car to run very long on the gas tank. Too much crud and clogged the sock. Car will run fine on a separate tank, which is what I used to move it, that's how I came to a plugged sock. I disconnected hose going into fuel pump and back shot air that seemed to work for a very short time. I went to Van's Auto that was north of me and I got a new tank with straps, connectors all that. So I'll post a picture once I get inside the house. This is a goal......get the darn thing to at least start and run on the tank! Well, since I have the tank off I should replace the sending unit even though it worked before. Oh, and there were no rubber isolator straps on it either. Thanks!

20240427_191056.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it's plain to see a new fuel sending unit is necessary.
20240428_165712.jpg

-
Back